Photo

Bee Gees Honorary Thread

7 replies to this topic
Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:06 AM Edited by Slamman, 23 April 2012 - 03:23 AM.

As we reported when it was first reported, this is the lastest on Robin Gibb, who it seems is in such bad shape, he's not likely to pull through, I'm afraid

Show your support here for their musical appreciation and legacy!
Bee Gees were a major bright spot in the dire age of disco, but largely because they'd been around already, for some time.

http://wonderwall.ms...r-1677859.story

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hey the Bee Gees are one of my favourite bands.
Robin Gobb his fine so far, he woke up from coma. Well at least, he's going way better than last week. Just few months ago, he almost died of two cancers but he incredibly became in good shape. That guy is just lucky to be alive today.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

He's still really weak, my good friend Earl passed away from N-H Lymphoma, and before he died he still seemed in pretty good health, all in all, he always did what he loved if he could, and it's wasn't expected that he would die, no one knew, so we should still pray for his continued recovery, it is amazing news!

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

The Bee Gees are one of my all time favourite bands, so of course I'll be showing support for Robin, though I'm not so glum as before hand after I read in the paper today about his pulling out of his coma. He has still got a long way to go on his path to recovery, but this is a good step in the right direction none the less.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

The fact they noted he was talking, I assume he's lucid.

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Too bad most people only know The Bee Gees for their disco hits in the 70's. Infact, themselve didn't know they did disco until the USA did a war against it and boycotted it in 1980. Also ironically, the Bee Gees only did 3 years of disco music, from '76 to '79 in a span of a 50 years muscial career.

These guys did some pretty good stuff in the late 60's and early 70's, most notabely their 1969 album "Odessa", which is probably my favourite of them, very Prog-Rock and Psychedelic oriented album. Also their three firsts (Bee Gees 1st (1967), Idea (1968) and Horizontal (1968)) are really awesome, really influenced by the Beatles psychedelic songs at the time.

The Bee Gees are infact three brothers but let's not forget about their younger brother Andy Gibb, also popular artist in the 70's and 80's, who died in 1988. Then brother Maurice died in 2003 of a twisted intestine, which Robin had. Let's hope the best for him...

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

What we were reporting on here:

They certainly have a career to be proud of, I hope to report more GOOD news rather then bad, of course

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

One of the first cassette tapes I owned was the Bee Gees - Saturday Night Fever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users