Quantcast

» «
Photo

What if the protagonist is not who you wanted?

88 replies to this topic
Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

I've come to terms with Ned luke being the protag. I'm not happy about it. But it is, What it is

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

Maybe we play as Bill Cosby. Thas obviously him in that sweater vest.

vanni
  • vanni

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

probably whine a little and then go back to playing because the game's still gonna be freaking killer

SantosGTA
  • SantosGTA

Los Santos

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

I don't see how someone who looks old and boring will be a bad character?
I depends on the storyline

Reiji
  • Reiji

Sarcastic Cock

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Prefer the "hispanic guy" but if it turns out to be Ned Luke. I wouldn't mind, but it would feel out of character to drive my favorite personal cars like the Futo, Sultan, or Kuruma.

MikeyB
  • MikeyB

Floppy Member

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (showtime416 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 00:15)
Curious to know how everyone would feel if the protagonist isn't exactly who they expected it to be.

Does it matter? I wouldn't be bothers if it was the derelict holding to cardboard with the message on it.

As long as I can steal cars and execute innocent people I'll be more than happy.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

I expect the protagonist to be Steven Seagal (seen below). If it's not him I will go mental. I'll probably invade France.
user posted image

Tooth
  • Tooth

Do we know each other?

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

How will you react/feel?

Do you expect me to kill my housemates because of it?

Wrong. I will kill my neighbours.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:26 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 25 April 2012 - 06:38 AM.

QUOTE (showtime416 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 11:15)
I'll definitely be disappointed with the game, because it would just seem as if R* is lazy to create a character you can feel attached to (like CJ or Tommy Vercetti)

Who exactly are you speaking for? R* can't please everyone no matter who the protagonist is, but I don't see how that makes them "lazy".

I'm really hoping Ned Luke is the protagonist, but I wouldn't be disappointed with anyone else. Aslong as they're not a shallow douchebag like Luis.

I just prefer a protagonist with experience on their side which is why I like Niko, Tommy, Johnny, John etc. I just find them more appealing.

One fundamental flaw I found with CJ is his youth really held him back IMO. It made him seem vulnerable. Sure he became rich and powerful, but at times it felt like I was playing as a 16 year boy dealing with the dificulties of adolescence. I don't really want to play as someone like that again.

I want a strong person with ambition and isn't held back by youth.

Irish85God
  • Irish85God

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

The only way I will be surprised is if it is a female

whiskey.hotel.oscar
  • whiskey.hotel.oscar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

I will be disappointed if that Ned Luke guy is the protag. Old guys are no fun! Johnny is 38 and it shows from his speed, which is the slowest of all GTA protags. Any protag over 35 just don't cut it. I would a Tommy V-like character but the same age as CJ. I found the older wiser criminal cliche is overused. GTA V needs a younger protag and the Hispanic guy is my best choice. But no matter what, I still buy and play V.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (whiskey.hotel.oscar @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 18:31)
I will be disappointed if that Ned Luke guy is the protag. Old guys are no fun! Johnny is 38 and it shows from his speed, which is the slowest of all GTA protags. Any protag over 35 just don't cut it. I would a Tommy V-like character but the same age as CJ. I found the older wiser criminal cliche is overused. GTA V needs a younger protag and the Hispanic guy is my best choice. But no matter what, I still buy and play V.

Why do people always complain about running speed? It's not the Olympics. How often are there on foot centic misssions as in having to chase a target on foot? Even still R* aren't going to give us a cripple. Johnny's limp in no way made TLAD any more frustrating on foot as most of the time we didn't have to run a marathon.

xNewtype Acex
  • xNewtype Acex

Buckle Up, Homestuck

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 03:40)

Why do people always complain about running speed? It's not the Olympics. How often are there on foot centic misssions as in having to chase a target on foot? Even still R* aren't going to give us a cripple. Johnny's limp in no way made TLAD any more frustrating on foot as most of the time we didn't have to run a marathon.

True.

Johnny's limp is actually acknowledged during gameplay as sometimes Johnny mentions having a really bad bike accident.

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 07:40)

Coz some people love to bitch in hopes they will get their way.

Honestly I'm with u Johnny's limp didn't bother me but Luis's vapidness did. CJ was fine but wtf are people so FUKIN close minded to say the protag can only be this old for me to be interested? In case u people didn't know these characters are collections of pixels dartin' around yur screen, they'll do just fine runnin around.

Maybe people should worry more about a well crafted script with great voice work and gameplay than how old a fictional characters age is.

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

I hated luis from TBOGT. He was the most one dimensional, uninteresting character in all of GTA. But I loved TBOGT because of all the over-the-top mayhem that GTA IV vanilla sorely missed.

Bottom line: GTA was never about the story, but about the gameplay and environment. Thats what made it famous, and that's whats keeping it up there. I couldn't careless about the protagonist, as long as its not someone annoying like OG LOC or Vlad.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:32 AM Edited by Carlover325, 25 April 2012 - 09:35 AM.

This thread title makes me feel like I'm at a psychiatrist's office.

How could the protagonist be who I wanted? That would require R* going into my head and reading my mind. Or at the very least asking me to personally create the character.

Did I like Claude in GTA3? I had nothing against him, but he isn't what I "wanted". I loved GTA3, though.

Tommy in VC? He was pretty good, but not what I "wanted". I loved VC, too.

CJ in SA? Hated him as a character, definitely not what I "wanted". Even hating CJ, SA is still my favorite GTA so far.

Niko, Luis, the biker dude, etc.... I liked them all alright. But not what I "wanted".

To be honest, I don't really know what I want in a character. I just want a fun game with a character that has a personality, even if I hate the personality.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Nah i won't be disappointed it will be interesting to be a new character and learn all about them.
Secretly im hoping Rockstar include a 'Game face' option so you have your own face on the character. That would be cool. They did it for TW12 so I don't see why there would be an issue porting it to gta v

deHeemskerker
  • deHeemskerker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

If the protagonist isn't who I wanted, it's someone else. Probably the guy R* wanted.

Spikey_118
  • Spikey_118

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (showtime416 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 00:15)
Curious to know how everyone would feel if the protagonist isn't exactly who they expected it to be. For example, their seems to be a clear divide between those who think it's the old guy, and those who think it's the Hispanic dude in the car, or perhaps maybe even the guy who's getting chased by cops with the tattoos on his arms?

Well what if the protagonist isn't who YOU were expecting it to be? Like me for example I'm expecting the Hispanic guy or the guy with the tattoos all on his arms, if it isn't them and turns out to be the old guy, I'll definitely be disappointed with the game, because it would just seem as if R* is lazy to create a character you can feel attached to (like CJ or Tommy Vercetti)

So what would be your reactions?

Guys! it doenst matter who you are!
You can set the age,weight and height!
So be happy! tounge2.gif

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

Young ambitious criminal has been done to f*cking death in games. That look has also been done to death. Bald, tanned, cocky.

I want it to be Ned luke, but if its not, i wont be disappointed. That word is really over used these days, and makes you sound like a negative little kid.

vanni
  • vanni

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm actually kinda surprised there aren't more people bitchin about this topic considering all the losers that try playing thread police and post police on this forum

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (Carlover325 @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 01:32)

How could the protagonist be who I wanted? That would require R* going into my head and reading my mind. Or at the very least asking me to personally create the character.

Did I like Claude in GTA3? I had nothing against him, but he isn't what I "wanted". I loved GTA3, though.

Tommy in VC? He was pretty good, but not what I "wanted". I loved VC, too.

CJ in SA? Hated him as a character, definitely not what I "wanted". Even hating CJ, SA is still my favorite GTA so far.

Niko, Luis, the biker dude, etc.... I liked them all alright. But not what I "wanted".

To be honest, I don't really know what I want in a character. I just want a fun game with a character that has a personality, even if I hate the personality.

sarcasm.gif
You're reading too far into it, this is based on the people we've seen in Trailer 1

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 14:28)
QUOTE (Carlover325 @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 01:32)

How could the protagonist be who I wanted?  That would require R* going into my head and reading my mind.  Or at the very least asking me to personally create the character.

Did I like Claude in GTA3?  I had nothing against him, but he isn't what I "wanted".  I loved GTA3, though.

Tommy in VC?  He was pretty good, but not what I "wanted".  I loved VC, too.

CJ in SA?  Hated him as a character, definitely not what I "wanted".  Even hating CJ, SA is still my favorite GTA so far.

To be honest, I don't really know what I want in a character.  I just want a fun game with a character that has a personality, even if I hate the personality.

sarcasm.gif
You're reading too far into it, this is based on the people we've seen in Trailer 1

Yeah agree rodney, I read his post and just thought to myself, "this guy is taking his response a bit too far and too seriously".

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

I hope it's an even older guy than on the balcony, and from the deep south(Clayton Bigsby), just so these people complaining will stay away from the GTA series. For me, I know who I'd like to have as protag, but at the same time, I could care less really because I trust R*, well...I did until this whole 6 months-no info fiasco, anyway. Damn, I'm glad I'm not a mod here. You guys got it rough

xAvenged7x
  • xAvenged7x

A7x foREVer

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Why do alot of people say they hate Niko? Honestly, he is my favorite GTA character.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

I don't really care if it's just the middle-aged white possibly half-Hispanic guy or the Hispanic dude in the red car or the African-American man running from the police, Jerry Kapowitz or even the tattooed woman we sometimes see in the trailer, because I know I'm going to enjoy the game.

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (SantosGTA @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 07:37)

With a younger character you have more options..

With a guy like Ned Luke you can't do all the things you did with CJ because it just wouldn't fit him. I don't know if I'd care but I prefer the hispanic guy over Ned Luke.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (chuckberry04 @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 00:28)

With a guy like Ned Luke you can't do all the things you did with CJ because it just wouldn't fit him. I don't know if I'd care but I prefer the hispanic guy over Ned Luke.

Half the stuff CJ did didn't fit him.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 00:49)
QUOTE (chuckberry04 @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 00:28)

Half the stuff CJ did didn't fit him.

Concentrating on what suits or fits certain protagonists is what limits options in games, it really shouldn't matter.

Honestly? i know 40 - 50 year old scatty c*nts who still hang around the streets and mug people. People seem to think its only young ones who commit crime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users