Photo

GTA V Future DLC

7 replies to this topic
JamCyberbot01
  • JamCyberbot01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

I know it's early but there hints to main character & hints you can only customise so far your character.

Well maybe that right thing to do with main GTA V story.

But do think that one of future DLC packs should allow total Character Customisation so you can create male or female like SR3. But in GTA V terms. With a Special DLC story for your Custom Character male or female.

jestajest
  • jestajest

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:11 PM Edited by jestajest, 22 April 2012 - 09:13 PM.

GTA sets itself apart from SR with its amazing story and colorful intricate characters. I feel safe saying they will never allow character customization (aside from multiplayer).

D3L3TD
  • D3L3TD

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:13 PM Edited by D3L3TD, 22 April 2012 - 09:16 PM.

i bet everyone's gonna flame the topic to hell.

OT: i don't think this is something they'd make as DLC. Either they put it in the original game, or just leave it out for good.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Customize your character for a whole new story? No. That's not something for a DLC.
Every GTA has it main character, so being able to create a very specific character for a scripted story wouldn't make sense.

JamCyberbot01
  • JamCyberbot01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Eagles @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 21:23)
Customize your character for a whole new story? No. That's not something for a DLC.
Every GTA has it main character, so being able to create a very specific character for a scripted story wouldn't make sense.

GTA IV DLC was not same as GTA IV. Different games.

What I suggestied is a seperate DLC Story designed for a customisable character. Like how TBOGT is different to GTA IV. The New character would not be apart of the original game.

DeadWorld
  • DeadWorld

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

[Supreme]

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (JamCyberbot01 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 21:35)
QUOTE (Eagles @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 21:23)

GTA IV DLC was not same as GTA IV. Different games.

What I suggestied is a seperate DLC Story designed for a customisable character. Like how TBOGT is different to GTA IV. The New character would not be apart of the original game.

I understand, but you're saying that R* should make a DLC for V where you can customize your main character the way you want for a scripted story.
For TBoGT they used Luis Lopez - not Niko, obviously -, but he was already made, got it? That's what I'm saying that wouldn't make sense.

GTAsince97
  • GTAsince97

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

I believe the easiest way to explain this is that virtually no DLC for any game changes the visual mechanics. Character customization would likely never be a part of a DLC pack because in order to have full customization of a character it has to be written into the very core of the game. It's the only way to incorporate something that complex because without having done that in the first place, it would be impossible to render all the variations and still provide a quality visual experience. It's not to say that they won't incorporate some form of customization but given how R* stories are laid out in their games, customization is likely to be limited to clothing. Limiting the shape, color and features of the characters also leaves a massive amount of room for developing far more important aspects of the game such as environment and story. And I think a far better use of DLC would be incorporating new stories, vehicles and even new areas of exploration. It's more fun to race and crash than to play dress up! Okay that was a low blow. Seriously though, wouldn't you rather spend time destroying and exploring rather than fiddling with brow height and nose length. I'd rather pull my own teeth out and gum a tough steak than go through that monotony any day!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users