Kickstarting some zombie!

2 replies to this topic
chris_4130
  • chris_4130

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hullo!

With all the recent buzz surrounding Double Fine Games using Kickstarter (the community funding site) to raise over $3,000,000 from fans to fund a new adventure game, do you think it would be possible for GTA fans to raise the money to fund a zombie themed DLC for either GTA IV or the upcoming V? Even if the cash was raised, do you think it would ever be considered?

Its something that pops up over and over again in the forums, but would enough people back it to make it an economically viable decision for a developer?

I have always thought it would be a sweet inclusion for a GTA game, in the same way it was incorporated into Red Dead, but with a multiplayer free roam too.

Using Kickstarter to cut publishers out of the loop, means less hoops to jump through for developers, so a bit more freedom whilst developing. But as its community funded, its up to the fans to stump the cash to see the project through to the end, which would be millions.

Its a load of dough, but everyone loves a zombie, right?

Kajjy
  • Kajjy

Gay Furry Extraordinaire

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:55 PM Edited by tommyv2468, 22 April 2012 - 10:32 PM.

[SPOILER]Most people aren't fond of a Zombie Mode in Gta, usually replying with
Zombies ruin games, if you like them go play Dead Riseing or Left 4 Dead !!!!
However I love the idea of a Zombie Dlc set in a modern universe like Liberty City. I do,however, think that, if they did one it would be for V.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

No thanks. Kickstarter is a scam and I am tired of games with zombies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users