» «
Photo

What to expect

22 replies to this topic
Boulevard
  • Boulevard

Rat

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:30 PM Edited by Boulevard, 24 April 2012 - 09:13 PM.

user posted image

Vinewood, Los Santos. That's what comes to mind as I watched the first trailer of Grand Theft Auto V. A rich man. A man with power. As the sun rises and you cruise down Vinewood blvd you'll see celebrities, women in fashion, high-class hookers and strippers, limos, movie directors, producers, money, wealth and all that good stuff. But that's only a portion of what's to come with GTA V... or so I hope.
But as the sun comes down and you slowly walk down the middle of a suburb street in the ghetto parts of Los Santos.. you hear the sounds of barking dogs as one of them run up and aggressively drives his paws onto the fence while the other one sits back and stares you down. At a distance you hear police sirens break loose from the near highways. To your left you see a few hispanic males drinking on their driveway and taunt you as you look their way. A line of vehicles are parked on the street and one on their lawn. Moments later, gunshots arise and they start to chase you down for being in the wrong neighborhood. As glass shatters onto the concrete from their beer bottles and gang names are being thrown in the air, you make a run for it and in that minute you realize that this is...

The city of Los Santos
user posted image

That's the type of stuff I expect from GTA V. It's not just the storyline and mission, but being able to feel the environment. I would like to feel like a child again and have my heart racing in different ways depending on what neighborhood I'm in. Rockstar did a good job with GTA IV, but I hope they step it up more than a level in V.

user posted image

You guys remember Fear and Respect? I remember reading a magazine with about 6 pages of pictures and paragraphs on the game. I was so excited and anticipated for it until it got canceled. Hopefully GTA V can bring back LA back into a video game with a bang.

user posted image The LA River. This picture reminds me of the area around CJ's mom's house in San Andreas. Look how beautiful it looks. With the next-gen consoles out now, it's possible to make it as realistic as this. I want to be able to run from the cops and hop over a fence onto the river and get distracted by the outstanding views of the city inside and out. Being able to hear a strong gunshot echo as I'm running down the river. The shining light from the helicopter and the sound of the propeller heavily wind from my right speaker to the left.

Or what about the projects. Make those buildings enter-able and acknowledge us what it really feels like to be in there when you're an outsider. Show the people that haven't been to LA what's it really about.
user posted image

So what do I personally expect from GTA V? I hope to see a lot of graffiti, advertisements, fast food chains, metro bus lines, hispanics, lowriders, parking lot meetings, gunshots, barking dogs, projects, LA river, food stands, highways, homeless, alleys, police helicopters patrolling certain areas of the city, car chases, foot chases, hustlers selling oranges or flowers, drug dealers, many wearing white tees, pimped out vehicles, random yellings, etc.

What else would you like to see? (scene-wise)

user posted image

SadisticOtters
  • SadisticOtters

Under new name

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:33 PM Edited by SadisticOtters, 22 April 2012 - 06:37 PM.

The top pics looks like part of the game.. kinda wow.gif

EDIT: Oh yea, I remember Fear and Respect, damn what happened to it? Why did it get cancelled?

ThEtRuThSANANDREAS69
  • ThEtRuThSANANDREAS69

7-8 LIONS4LIFE

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

I wanna grow weed in the San Fernando valley biggrin.gif

Lysoformic
  • Lysoformic

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Massive Crap

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:40 PM Edited by UberChargedCJ, 22 April 2012 - 06:43 PM.

RDR's telephone poles in some parts of the LS

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Nice post but it's wishlist material

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

I enjoyed the beginning of this thread.

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

good job putting this together. To me LS is a lot about these two different worlds, hollywood and ghettos. although i cant say either of them have any real culture.

Can we see some LS outskirts and countrysides? dont see those often.

Da Perzinga
  • Da Perzinga

Perzinga_AuStRiA1998

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Good topic, man icon14.gif I love hollywood+ghetto wink.gif

interpolfan11
  • interpolfan11

Lions 7-8 NG

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

I'd just like to say that I enjoyed the original post, although I hope the suburbs (which makes up almost all of LA) are fairly represented too.

Oh, and nice job ripping the Coachella music festival background. biggrin.gif icon14.gif

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

I expect everything you wrote to be in the game considering how long they have had to plan and work on this game.

I would also like to see:

- A big University with students which we can go inside and explore.
- Random house parties which you can crash. Go into, dance and get drunk (if those options are available).
- Abandoned old houses
- Workers building something which progresses every time you pass it. Eg a house or road fixing.
- Directors shooting a movie at random locations (with roads closed off).
- People sight seeing and randomly asking you to take a picture of them (with the option to give back or run off with the camera).
- People actually playing sports like football or baseball. (with crowds watching in a stadium).

So much possibility's to make the environment feel more real. And all these things would not be hard to put in. icon14.gif .

Psychotic Mind
  • Psychotic Mind

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:56 AM Edited by Psychotic Mind, 23 April 2012 - 06:58 AM.

Yeaaaah that sounds good, i'd like that too. I'd take that beer bottle and smash it over his head then slice somone in peices with the sharp glass. At night time i'd just be drivin my old van around the trashy neighborhoods, gang areas, and ghettos starting sh*t with random people. I expect alot of drug dealing and gang activity, I expect to see the police to be very busy going after other gang npc's also. At night time I wanna see other people commiting crimes too.

typhoon1234
  • typhoon1234

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

I wanna play the Australian version so I can sodomize a kangaroo with a boomerang devil.gif

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (GTAknowledge @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 05:44)
I expect everything you wrote to be in the game considering how long they have had to plan and work on this game.

- Random house parties which you can crash. Go into, dance and get drunk (if those options are available).
- Abandoned old houses
- Workers building something which progresses every time you pass it. Eg a house or road fixing.
- People sight seeing and randomly asking you to take a picture of them (with the option to give back or run off with the camera).
- People actually playing sports like football or baseball. (with crowds watching in a stadium).

So much possibility's to make the environment feel more real. And all these things would not be hard to put in. icon14.gif .

biggrin.gif Maybe in 2025,but is impossible right now.

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Same crap like in GTA IV.

skrillarilla
  • skrillarilla

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

hollywood + guetto = HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD!!!!
HU SOLDIER FO LIFE

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

mexican german police

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (UberChargedCJ @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 12:46)
mexican german police

Swedish american military

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

I agree with the OP. I love GTAIV, but its ghetto areas felt too safe. What I'm hoping for out of GTA V is going into these ghetto areas will result in a uneasy feeling like we shouldn't be there and make us think "I think I might go this way". We should hear gangbangers say "You're a long way from Vinewood homie". I want to feel paranoid like I'm being watched and unwelcomed.

I don't want it to be like the GTA III era where we always get attacked, but the tension should be noticeable in these ghetto areas. Similar to the feeling of being safe in the towns in RDR, but going out into the wilderness after dark would yeild an uneasy feeling.

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 07:29)
I agree with the OP. I love GTAIV, but its ghetto areas felt too safe. What I'm hoping for out of GTA V is going into these ghetto areas will result in a uneasy feeling like we shouldn't be there and make us think "I think I might go this way". We should hear gangbangers say "You're a long way from Vinewood homie". I want to feel paranoid like I'm being watched and unwelcomed.

I don't want it to be like the GTA III era where we always get attacked, but the tension should be noticeable in these ghetto areas. Similar to the feeling of being safe in the towns in RDR, but going out into the wilderness after dark would yeild an uneasy feeling.

I totally agree with you Miami. I liked GTA IV but the city felt too safe. I reckon if rival gangsters said lines that made you feel uneasy, it would make GTA V a great game.

At the same time, I don't want to be always attacked GTA III style whenever I enter a rival hood. If that did happen, the game wouldn't be as good.

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 11:47)

- Abandoned old houses

So much possibility's to make the environment feel more real. And all these things would not be hard to put in.  icon14.gif .

Why?

skrillarilla
  • skrillarilla

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (GTAknowledge @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 07:35)

- Abandoned old houses

So much possibility's to make the environment feel more real. And all these things would not be hard to put in.  icon14.gif .

Why?

WE DONT HAVE THE CORRECT TECHNOLOGY ATM

GTAknowledge
  • GTAknowledge

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (skrillarilla @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 12:28)
QUOTE (GTAknowledge @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 07:35)

- Abandoned old houses

Why?

WE DONT HAVE THE CORRECT TECHNOLOGY ATM

????

Nothing special here. Just a building with people inside walking around (but dressed in certain way). Easily can be done.

So like a club which will likely be in the game anyway. Same thing, same interactivity, just different building exterior and interior. Easy.

- Abandoned old houses
Easy. It's just an empty house.

I saw workers in GTA IV. This is only 1 step up where when you pass the place another time, the workers are gone and fixing/building done. Seem achievable.

We saw people doing yoga in the parks in GTA IV. So, all this is really is people wearing different clothes and doing a different movement.

Wasn't this a mission in GTA SA? Anyways, like SA positive/negative replies to pedestrians, the player reply's yes or no to take the picture.

Probably the hardest to do, but not impossible. Even if it's just a few people training and kicking/throwing a ball to each other (with motions repeated after a while) and a few people sitting in the crowd, it would add huge realism to the game.

What exact limitations does current technology have that won't allow these things to be achieved?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users