» «
Photo

Live on the Scene

21 replies to this topic
btbwuh
  • btbwuh

YOLO IS FOR BITCHES

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:39 PM Edited by btbwuh, 24 June 2012 - 01:02 AM.

I recently read somewhere (sorry guys I don't have the link) that in the beta version of GTA: San Andreas, if CJ was to kill somebody (a ped, cop etc.), a news van would show up and a reporter would report about the killing live on the scene. Now I don't know if this is true or not, and quite frankly I don't care, but what I do want to know is this:

Would you be happy seeing this in GTA V? Do you think the novelty would wear off and it would get annoying after a while? Or do you think it would add realism? What if it only showed up if you waited around for a couple of minutes?

Personally, I think it would be annoying for them to show up EVERY TIME you kill someone, because this is GTA after all. But considering we have no new information or not many topics to go by, I thought this might be interesting, who knows?

Anyway, if R* decided to put this into GTA V, what would you say about it? How would you react?

Let me know colgate.gif

Thanks icon14.gif

EDIT: I don't care what other GTAs it was supposed to be in or which GTAs had the news van. The purpose of this topic was to find out how people would react if this feature was to be in GTA V.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

I'm sure there was meant to be a 'media attention' metre or something similar on Vice City too.

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

They did a similar thing in GTA IV on the radio station like after a mission which should be like this in GTA V as well

btbwuh
  • btbwuh

YOLO IS FOR BITCHES

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 12:49)
I'm sure there was meant to be a 'media attention' metre or something similar on Vice City too.

Maybe there was, but that's not the point of the thread smile.gif

xzxxsicko
  • xzxxsicko

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

but ther was that news van with sattelit disk on driving at places wher people are getting killed or cars beeing destroyed , i remmember that van just cruising around that ''action'' place .

DeadWorld
  • DeadWorld

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

It would be cool If they did, I would RPG the News Van. Hehe.

[supreme]

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (btbwuh @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 12:55)

Lol, I'm contributing positively to this thread mate. On my phone so can't type much. What I mean is this is something they have been trying to introduce for quite a while - so you could be onto something. Hopefully they'll introduce something similar. Wasn't there a news chopper in SA too?

btbwuh
  • btbwuh

YOLO IS FOR BITCHES

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 13:41)
QUOTE (btbwuh @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 12:55)

Lol, I'm contributing positively to this thread mate. On my phone so can't type much. What I mean is this is something they have been trying to introduce for quite a while - so you could be onto something. Hopefully they'll introduce something similar. Wasn't there a news chopper in SA too?

Alright then sorry smile.gif

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Maybe it should be in some missions like a news copter for a high speed chase or news vans outside of a robbery.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

I don't know if they could pull that off correctly on current gen consoles, I think a system like that might end up being glitchy

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

Why the hell not??

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

You made a good point, it might get annoying. However, it would add so much realism, compared to a paramedic attempting to revive a dead ped, failing, and leaving the body there and leaving the scene.

samyG
  • samyG

Uncivilized atheist looking to devour you when you're dead

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

If I'm not mistaken, in San Andreas and maybe in GTA IV, during the 3 and 4 star wanted level, a news helicopter would hover around you.

Long_Haired_Boy
  • Long_Haired_Boy

Whilst everyone's lost, the battle is won

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 19:01)
You made a good point, it might get annoying. However, it would add so much realism, compared to a paramedic attempting to revive a dead ped, failing, and leaving the body there and leaving the scene.

How would it get annoying? Im sure they will just stop showing up for awhile until the police handle you.

For some reason I dont think GTA V is going to let you just rampage your way like GTA 4.

I think what they learned from GTA 4 is that if you want to capture realism you cant have a single man and an AK taking on the world behind cover.

Or can you?
ph34r.gif

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Long_Haired_Boy @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 19:09)
QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 19:01)

How would it get annoying? Im sure they will just stop showing up for awhile until the police handle you.

For some reason I dont think GTA V is going to let you just rampage your way like GTA 4.

I think what they learned from GTA 4 is that if you want to capture realism you cant have a single man and an AK taking on the world behind cover.

Or can you?
ph34r.gif

This. In small-scale murders they should arrive, but in huge massacres they shouldn't. I hope they bring back the news helicopter.

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

hey, dont forget the media is everywhere. Every man woman, and child with a cell phone camera can become a reporter. wonder what would happen if some ped starts to film your murder on the streets? biggrin.gif

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (gtafanny @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 19:34)
hey, dont forget the media is everywhere. Every man woman, and child with a cell phone camera can become a reporter. wonder what would happen if some ped starts to film your murder on the streets? biggrin.gif

I think this would work out better, imagine you start beating the sh*t out of someone and 2 or 3 people run up with their phones out like "Oh sh*t son, Worldstar! Worldstar! YouTube!"

Da Perzinga
  • Da Perzinga

Perzinga_AuStRiA1998

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

I think it would a little bit boring after some time. wink.gif

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

That will be Really Annoying Actually sad.gif

jestajest
  • jestajest

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Having a news team show up on the scene after a storyline kill would be ideal. Going back to the scene the day after completing the story kill and seeing lights and camera would be more immersive. Or if not on a mission having the news show up after killing a certain number of civilians... Maybe if you run over 20 or 40 people it'll trigger a news report.

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Think it should only show up depending on the seriousness of the crime, perhaps when you get to 3 Stars or something.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

I think the OP idea of a news van, occasionally, would be a good satire of the intense Los Angeles local news competition, kind of an extension to the radio parodies.

And this would be an opportunity for Rockstar to poke fun at breathless "live news" field reporting and satire of on-the-spot interviews with the local ranking police commander.

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 19:45)
QUOTE (gtafanny @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 19:34)

I think this would work out better, imagine you start beating the sh*t out of someone and 2 or 3 people run up with their phones out like "Oh sh*t son, Worldstar! Worldstar! YouTube!"

I agree that it would be fun to parody the concept of every pedestrian these days whipping out their cell phone camera. It would be cool then if the peds who did this are marked with "eyewitness" icons like in RDR, so you could take them out before you get a wanted level.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users