Quantcast

» «
Photo

[poll] trafficload script memory issues

22 replies to this topic

Poll: i have trafficload installed and i have/got memory issues (CTD or textures loading issues) (21 member(s) have cast votes)

i have trafficload installed and i have/got memory issues (CTD or textures loading issues)

1. i think the problem comes from harware (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

2. i think the problem comes from a bad original (Rockstar) coding/PC conversion (2 votes [13.33%])

3. i think the problem comes from a too huge vehicles.img file (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

4. i think the problem comes from too high game settings (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. i think the problem comes from too high trafficload settings (2 votes [13.33%])

6. i think the problem comes from some bad graphic drivers (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. for me the problem comes from somewhere else ... (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

8. i have no clue man , good luck to you ! (2 votes [13.33%])

Vote Guests cannot vote
jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:38 AM Edited by jpm1, 22 April 2012 - 05:41 AM.

hi all , i canno't manage to make that mod work properly . and i 've seen i 'm unfortunatly not the only one , so i made this poll to discuss about that mod . personnally i made dozen of tests with several mod versions , i tried commandline thing but i have CTD over CTD after 10 min playing . i'm trying to know where the prob is as the mod author ikt said he had absolutely no prob on a low end rig . any help appreciated wink.gif . here's my stuff

- latest trafficload (03-10-11)
- xlive (asi loader) 0.999b7
- scriphook 0.5.1.0
- msvcr100d thing
- no other script/asi loaders
- i3 530,5770 1g,4gig,w7 64
- direct x up to date and ati driver up to date
- vehicles.img of 367 Mo , no vehicles added . few clothes added (all tested with no crashes)

settings : textures : highest - textures reflexion : highest - shadows : medium , night shadows : none - field of deep : 25 - distance details : 60 - traffic : 1 - water : high

whatever i use trafficload default setting or lower ones i get a CTD after few minutes playing , and if i don't use commandline thing i have textures loading that takes forever . what i don't understand it's that my rig was purchased 3 years after gta 4 came out , and i don't understand why it works so "badly" . hope we'll find where the prob is cause i'm convinced once the mod bugs will get fixed , it'll be a FANTASTIC mod !

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 07:38)
vehicles.img of 367 Mo

That's too big I think. The mod actually worked good for me but my vehicle file was about 130MB. But I had also sometimes CTD's which I did not have without big car mods and traffic fixes.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:17 PM Edited by jpm1, 22 April 2012 - 10:29 PM.

thanks for the help . i made different tests and i made some progress . first i updated my direct x stuff and noticied an fps improvement . then i tried in vista sp1 compatibility mode it resulted no more CTD . and i tested with original vehicles.img and i have to admit the game runs like a breeze even with trafficload settings set to default . so now i'm trying to replace too huge mod files by other cars which are smaller in size . and each time i add a smaller mod , i notice improvement . i'll tell you when i find the good spot . i don't think it's a question of vehicles.img size but more of a size of the vehicles that have to be spawn sarcasm.gif . anyway i keep you in touch

edit : i hope , i'll fix that soon , cause that mod is AWESOME user posted image
user posted image user posted image

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

if modders consider trafficload as a great mod , and personnally i think it is , they'll definitly have to reconsider their files size . original cars do not exceed 1Mo . some detailled cars mods have 7+ Mo . trafficload can't work properly in these conditions . even the CIA black edition rig won't work smile.gif . i think some cars mods even if they are fantastic are way too big . the Mercedes 560 SEC which is for me the state of the art of modeling does not exceed 3 Mo sarcasm.gif

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:19 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 23 April 2012 - 05:32 PM.

Please don't double post, that's the first point. EDIT your existing post instead.

TrafficLoad is a nice mod. The problem is not TrafficLoad. The problem is the game that can't handle all this cars, this is not a well developed computer game at all.
It's a wonder that it's running so pretty now. Vehicle mods sometimes also have huge textures which is also a problem for the engine. TrafficLoad does exactly what it should: It spawns and spawns and spawns!
Unfortunately the game cannot handle that and this will end in resource loss or even crash. You have to figure out what your system can handle. Your 350MB vehicle file was obviously too big.

This is one of the main reasons why I constantly go back to original traffic from time to time, just because the game is running better. Much better!

Hey, be happy, at least your poll is clear! It's 100%! biggrin.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

replacing all my mods by smaller ones is the kind of thing that can give you headaches . but on another hand i discover wonderful mods that i would have passed by without knowing anything of them . i understand an ambulance or a huge caddy can have bigger sizes but some mods are really oversized/overdetailled . ok , i'll take the time i need but i'll do bring that thing to its end smile.gif

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Texture loading issues with a GTX 580 and 1500mb of VRAM.

It's the coding of the game.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:23 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 26 April 2012 - 08:28 PM.

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 20:43)
can give you headaches

This will happen again with this game, be sure! Vintage88 is also right. This game wasn't adapted well to PC. This is why I'm looking forward to V. Hopefully r* has learned something.
This is why it's difficult to give any advice for this game, a lot of bugs and errors seem to be system specific. You may have a monster pc but... IV won't run. Yeah, that's IV. It makes you older. biggrin.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

that's probably the case also . PC that came out 3 years later can't handle the game , i mean there's obviously something wrong with the code . i managed to reduce the vehicles.img from 367 to 299 Mo . still getting few issues but seems there's improvement . i wonder if there are textures sets that improve the performance around ? i'm pretty sure that if modders could restrict their mods size to under 3 Mo we could have a pretty nice game . just downloaded a nice ambulance mod which is a big car , the size does not exceed 2.5 Mo . my taxi are 5+ Mo each (crown victoria,prius,rx350) , and i don't have any replacement and i don't want to uninstall them as i like watching cinematics when i take the taxi

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

You people are poor it's the damn script.The game is fine no issues all maxed out here.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 10:31)
You people are poor it's the damn script.The game is fine no issues all maxed out here.

shakinga** man you maybe should shake your brain (see no offense) . you're right the game works with no bugs when no modded but on the same time , it's a secret for nobody that even with nowadays best rigs it's almost impossible to run it with full settings on . And therefore shows obviously a bad coding problem wink.gif

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 15:42)

shakinga** man you maybe should shake your brain (see no offense) . you're right the game works with no bugs when no modded but on the same time , it's a secret for nobody that even with nowadays best rigs it's almost impossible to run it with full settings on . And therefore shows obviously a bad coding problem wink.gif

I run it maxed i don't get why your saying bad coded.Also i run fine with great fps with or without enb series.It's the trafficload many others found it is the problem.

ZBNYNC
  • ZBNYNC

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 20:17)
QUOTE (jpm1 @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 15:42)

I run it maxed i don't get why your saying bad coded.Also i run fine with great fps with or without enb series.It's the trafficload many others found it is the problem.

That's where you're wrong, as much as I love IV, it really is a sh*tty game. Rockstar did a bad job at putting it together, it has coding problem, and even for people who have more than enough resources, the game will still run bad.
TrafficLoad doesn't have a problem unless your PC isn't strong enough, you don't have the right mods in to run it, or it's conflicting with something else. If you do everything right, it runs perfectly.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Packet from the PC Gaming Master Race

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

Has anybody ever bothered to check if there are some type of tags or similiar features in stock vehicles that are not present in modded cars? Because if there is something that a model doesn't trigger then the game might load all taxi's. Kinda like a copy protection / hack protect.

I don't buy the original story that: "Taxi's are loaded to alleviate the stress on performance." Because if I crank traffic to 100 and get the taxi bug (as usual) the engine slows to the speed of a fugging slug as well!

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

i think developpers (i speak generally) should stop releasing games that needs 10 years to be passed to run properly or to have won the national lottery . i prefer a game with a bit uglier graphics but that runs properly . all the pc owners aren't high skilled overclockers confused.gif . you buy a game and when you're able to run it properly , the next sequel is released . i just can't get it confused.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

ok , while searching for solution for that "textures bug" i found a script called trafficcontrol . and if the result is a bit less realistic than with TL i could play half an hour at a constant 45 fps and with absolutely no textures problem . so i'm seriously considering this option right now smile.gif . no parked cars , less realistic than trafficload but ultra smooth . man if that works as good once i've reinstalled all the high res cars i had before , that could be a pretty nice solution . testing during half an hour so far , but with very good results . i loved trafficload a lot but after dozen of hours of testing i came to the conclusion that the game won't ever work properly with 100 cars modded sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif . it's a pity but a choice has to be made . now i'll see if there are other traffic mods out there and once i've tested them all , i'll tell you what i think

ZBNYNC
  • ZBNYNC

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 04:35)
Has anybody ever bothered to check if there are some type of tags or similiar features in stock vehicles that are not present in modded cars? Because if there is something that a model doesn't trigger then the game might load all taxi's. Kinda like a copy protection / hack protect.

I don't buy the original story that: "Taxi's are loaded to alleviate the stress on performance." Because if I crank traffic to 100 and get the taxi bug (as usual) the engine slows to the speed of a fugging slug as well!

Are you talking about at the end of the vehicles.ide lines?
That would make more sense if something like that is causing the taxi bug because I have the same problem with 100% traffic and all taxis.

ikt
  • ikt

á

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

If somebody cares to upload their vehicles.img with a huge size I'd be happy to test. I cba to download a lot of carmods.
Also it'd be even more appreciated if there'd be many additional cars. In that case, please include a list of additional cars (their filenames).

ShakingASS, it's both things. Default game + about 20 modded cars + TrafficLoad works fine. Plus I'll fiddle with the commandline things. I vividly remember being able to play the game without disappearing textures for an hour, but then again I had just a few modded cars.

PacketOverload, it IS the engine. Somehow it's a failsafe. The game is certain to crash at about 40 loaded vehicle models. For Rockstar it was either that, or taxis.

ZBNYNC, seems like disappearing textures is a problem because of some missing things. Next update will have a more proper documentation. Also a full-retard mode for people who can't be arsed to open the readme.

And then there's this:
I'm sorry I'm not rich enough to buy a computer capable of running GTA IV with more than 30FPS so I can't test for performance decrease.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Hi ikt thanks a lot . well after being testing several traffic fixes i came back to your script which seems to be the best smile.gif . i'm testing one last thing , it's to reduce the global traffic with the popcycle.dat . but if that will give me a very realistic traffic , it's some tremendous work also . i'll see the result once it's finished (for now seems to have very few impact) . for what i've seen the textures bug doesn't come from the number of cars but from the number of different cars . seems the game doesn't like loading several different car textures at the same time at all . i think it's a game structural problem IMHO . if you look at GTA sequels since GTA III the traffic realism has been "sacrified" to the amount of different cars available . Like if both realistic traffic and huge number of different cars weren't compatible confused.gif . here's my install (30 days valid)

https://rapidshare.c...443427/jpm1.rar

ikt
  • ikt

á

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 14:19)
Hi ikt thanks a lot . well after being testing several traffic fixes i came back to your script which seems to be the best smile.gif . i'm testing one last thing , it's to reduce the global traffic with the popcycle.dat . but if that will give me a very realistic traffic , it's some tremendous work also . i'll see the result once it's finished (for now seems to have very few impact) . for what i've seen the textures bug doesn't come from the number of cars but from the number of different cars . seems the game doesn't like loading several different car textures at the same time at all . i think it's a game structural problem IMHO . if you look at GTA sequels since GTA III the traffic realism has been "sacrified" to the amount of different cars available . Like if both realistic traffic and huge number of different cars weren't compatible confused.gif . here's my install (30 days valid)

https://rapidshare.c...443427/jpm1.rar

Yeah, protip on october version:

[Options]
CustomDensity=1
PedDensityMultiplier=100
CarDensityMultiplier=50
CarsPerCycle=10

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

doesn't work , no traffic at all except peds and still little textures bugs . as popcycle tweaking seems not to work . now i'm downloading all the environment mods around , and i pick all the lighter textures i find . maybe if GTA if less sollicitated it will spawn what i want it to spawn with no problem , lol

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

i'm pessimistic concerning that bug . the more i test the more i think if a realistic traffic would have been technically possible , it would have be implemented by R. . i downloaded a cool trees mod and the textures bug got worst . i deactivated TL and the game ran with no problem sad.gif . no problem except a crappy traffic , arrghh smile.gif

user posted image

hope you'll fix that ikt , and if you do so i think it'll be a real feat

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

awesome trees mod , gives you the feeling you are back at Vice city smile.gif . but you have to deactivate trafficload

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users