Photo

(PC) how the hell do I record stuff?

4 replies to this topic
Skateaton
  • Skateaton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

I hit F2 to start recording, I do my stuff, then go to the editor, and I only get brief 3-12 second clips before any of the action starts. what do i do? How do I use this? I got really great ideas for a video, I just can't make it.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Videos are theoretically limited to 30 secs, sadly sometimes they are quite shorter then that. The only way AFAIK to work around is is to press F2 key repeatedly, so it dumps a larger number of clips.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

One thing to note is that the higher your settings, the shorter your clips will tend to be. But - when you go to the video editor, you can crank the settings back up, and it will display on the current spec, not the ones you recorded under.

Generally speaking, you will find more cars and pedestrians around will reduce you clip time. You can turn vehicle density down in single player, or put traffic to low or off in multiplayer. Peds off too in multiplayer will help.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

that's interesting, thanks for the info!

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

Download fraps if you want to upload to youtube long videos it will take a long time (For me anyway) but the quality is FANTASTIC you can get the paid version free search on youtube as i wont be able to link to it on these forms.

It also shows your current frame rate in the corner (but you can turn it on and off)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users