Photo

Police shoot 2 teenagers doing a driveby

56 replies to this topic
gtaivpc
  • gtaivpc

I am legend too.

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

The controversy here is that many cops think they have the right to do this to anyone who they suspect as criminal. The teens may have deserved it in this situation (though it's their parents that probably made them f*cked up). It still is very unprofessional of them though.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

I shall revoke the throne, atop the stellar tree

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (gtaivpc @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 11:14)
The controversy here is that many cops think they have the right to do this to anyone who they suspect as criminal.

Care to substantiate this? If your going to essentially accuse "many" police officers of impropriety, you'd better be able to back it up. From my perspective, whilst it's obviously not really acceptable for them to behave this way towards severely injured criminals (I personally don't see what age has to do with it, if your over the age of criminal responsibility there should be no distinction) but given the scenario you can understand why it occurred. At this point, its perfectly plausible that the officers believed that they saw this group murder a woman right in front of their eyes.

gtaivpc
  • gtaivpc

I am legend too.

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 12:49)
QUOTE (gtaivpc @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 11:14)
The controversy here is that many cops think they have the right to do this to anyone who they suspect as criminal.

Care to substantiate this? If your going to essentially accuse "many" police officers of impropriety, you'd better be able to back it up. From my perspective, whilst it's obviously not really acceptable for them to behave this way towards severely injured criminals (I personally don't see what age has to do with it, if your over the age of criminal responsibility there should be no distinction) but given the scenario you can understand why it occurred. At this point, its perfectly plausible that the officers believed that they saw this group murder a woman right in front of their eyes.

The problem isn't this particular case. To be honest I justify the cop myself. It's just that there are so many examples of cops being violent for no reason these days, that applauding such action would lead to more unreasonable violence.

This is a video that was uploaded 2 days ago, of a cop beating an illegal immigrant in my country. What the hell for? Sure, I don't even want them here and I'd like most of them to be deported, but there is absolutely no reason for this. At least those videos go kind of viral, and gather many views for such a small country. And no, this doesn't only happen to immigrants (which are over 1/5 of the country's population), but greeks too.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

It has a lot to do with frustration. It's easy for people who don't have to deal with criminals on a day-to-day basis to look down their noses and tut tut or even get worked up over how the police treated these guys.

There are few occupations where outbursts are scrutinised so readily and widely. There's training to turn the other cheek, but it's also a personality trait.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• European-Union

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Jay @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 13:11)
It has a lot to do with frustration. It's easy for people who don't have to deal with criminals on a day-to-day basis to look down their noses and tut tut or even get worked up over how the police treated these guys.

There are few occupations where outbursts are scrutinised so readily and widely. There's training to turn the other cheek, but it's also a personality trait.

This, really. The other side of it is that, whilst to a layman there may be "so many examples" of police brutality et cetera, in the grand scheme of things and in compared to the number of encounters that take place it's basically a rounding error. It's somewhat akin to saying "all soldiers murder innocent civilians" just because that's what the media often shows them to be doing when an incident occurs. The hundreds of thousands of individuals, and millions of hours of working time, of them following both the letter and the spirit of the law is largely ignored.

SPMovies
  • SPMovies

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

The police did nothing wrong. Those kids deserved it 100%.

bread
  • bread

Nutrition Facts not needed

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

No sympathy for these punks. Period.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hope this doesnt result in further censors in GTA games or worse for you guys... Certain people could really try to throw a GTA spin on this one :\

Im glad the officers handled them the way they did, Im sure the kids know a bit better now ha... suckerrrrs.

If I ever visit your country.. I will now be sure to keep in line..... an extremely straight one biggrin.gif

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

People need to realize that police sometimes need to think on their feet. Sometimes their decision may not be 100% justified, but they do what they have to do. These kids were causing trouble, and then proceeded to run down some woman. Hastily, the officer drew his gun and opened fire in an attempt to save her and subdue the kids. Police are never mentioned in the media for stopping a crime with no casualties or anything. The only thing that gets out there is the isolated incidents where a criminal is injured, or something goes wrong. Most people are only shown the negative side of this, grow used to it and expect it to be like that all the time - when it isn't.

The pansies complaining that this is police brutality and all that crap, I really hope you do something stupid someday, thinking you'll just get a slap on the wrist - then get the sh*t beaten out of your ignorant ass.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Who the f*ck wrote that article it's almost incomprehensible.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

tREEEEEE!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 16:07)
Who the f*ck wrote that article it's almost incomprehensible.

That's the Aussies for ya tounge.gif

Casual racism aside, the cops were a bit rough but it was hardly anything to kick up a fuss about. And under the circumstances it was understandable. They certainly didn't do anything serious, just slapped them about a bit. Also, it says in the article that they were doing a drive-by, but who were they actually shooting? From the sounds of it they were just shooting randomly in the air kind of thing.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

Where's T. Martins's Family when you need them?
Funny how it's ok for the Police to abuse 'bad' people but...
You do know that when they get used to roughing up individuals (even guilty ones) they will expand to anyone they 'think' is getting in their way.
You can NEVER condone bad actions by Law Enforcement or it will come and bite your ...

Now, what is bad actions? I remember years ago people thought it was abusive to handcuff dead bodies at a crime scene. But, that was departmental policy 'just in case' the allegedly dead wasn't (shades of horror films). The 'rules' said a person was alive until pronounced by a medical doctor.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 02:50)
Yeah the controversy is that as a policeman you're not suppose to molest children and beat their head on a sidewalk after you've arrested them and they're incapacitated.

lol, you would make a terrible police officer.

gta dad
  • gta dad

penis dickling, the goose

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Member 2014

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

These shootings are really spicing up in Sydney, woke up this morning to find out they chased down another group of gunmen in Merrylands, NSW who ended up crashing their car and then running off onfoot. Two weeks ago two suburbs over where I live in Brisbane there was a fella shot in his home and the night after a kid killed in a shopping centre in a drive-by.

Oakshaft
  • Oakshaft

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

So let me get this straight they were doing a drive by? and according to the first post "As the driver tried to escape, he drove the car along the pavement, packed with pedestrians, narrowly missing several people before hitting a 29-year-old woman"

And people are complaining about police brutality? Im sorry but there is no such thing as police brutality in a situation like that, and with disgusting creatures like that.

Biggus
  • Biggus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:44 AM Edited by Biggus, 23 April 2012 - 04:57 AM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 02:50)
You Aussies might want to explain to U.S. what the comments about “Aboriginal community” refers to here. And the relevancy of locations: Kings Cross, Sydney and  to Redfern

The important parts are the locations of Kings Cross and Redfern.

Kings Cross: Where everyone goes to have a good time in Sydney.

Redfern: A very poor area with a large Aboriginal population.

Race isn't really the issue, the issue is that it's an area known for a high crime rate and general nastiness. There's more than a few places in Australia like that which aren't predominately indigenous in population. As pointed out, though, there are some pretty serious issues in the Aboriginal community here in general. No easy answers to those.

The little sh*ts got what they deserved. Race shouldn't come into the discussion. The reason that it does is simply because the punks come from Redfern, and the Redfern population have a history of rioting regularly when police do police-like things. There have been times in the past where the police have genuinely screwed up and the Redfern community have gotten rather pissed off at them, but there have also been times like this when the police have done the right thing and the upstanding citizens of Redfern have gotten angry anyway. Victim mentality, result of nearly a century of European settlement doing nasty, nasty things, followed by a century of treating them like idiots, and then another few decades of treating them like people generally should be treated, on the most part.

ETA: There seems to be a false impression that the kids were doing a driveby. They weren't, they were just drunk and decided that they'd plough through a bunch of pedestrian traffic on the footpath GTA style with a stolen car.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:29 AM Edited by finn4life, 23 April 2012 - 10:58 AM.

SOme moron here is calling police brutality.
http://www.facebook....

Unlucky for him he got 100+ comments worth of Backlash.
The media and such seem to be on the polices side, on the radio today the talk show hosts and such said police were well within their rights and callers agreed.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

1) why do people care what ChestBrah thinks

2) why are you reading his fb page?

3) rip zyzzzz

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 04:11)
Who gives a f*ck if the kids were shot! They brought it upon themselves, were they expecting to get treated any differently? f*cking ignorant tossers should have lost more than a few teeth.

I totally agree with this, kids should learn they are not gangstas.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:06 PM Edited by Piperka, 23 April 2012 - 12:13 PM.

An article & video (if you click the link) on the police brutality

http://au.news.yahoo...lice-behaviour/

Assistant Police Commissioner Mark Murdoch has conceded police would have been feeling the pressure of a highly charged situation during the police shooting involving teenagers in Kings Cross over the weekend.

Responding to claims of brutality in the arrest of Troy Taylor Assistant Police Commissioner Mark Murdoch said, "Adrenalin is going to be pumping. Very, very difficult in those circumstances to control one's emotions,"

"We need to view that incident in its entirety in terms of what police did and what they potentially shouldn't have done." Murdoch continued.

"However ... that is not, I repeat not, an excuse for police not to behave professionally and appropriately. Difficult? Yes. Excuses? No."

The State Ombudsman will oversee the police internal investigation.

Man faces court over Kings Cross shooting

The only adult who was allegedly in the car that police shot at in Sydney's Kings Cross on the weekend has faced court.

Police say Matthew Dalton, 24, was very drunk when he got in to the back of a car driven by a 14-year-old in Kings Cross in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Officers fired shots at the car after it hit two women.

The bullets struck the 14-year-old driver in the chest and arm and his 17-year-old passenger in the neck.

The two teenagers remain in hospital in a critical but stable condition.

Matthew Dalton faced Central Local Court this morning charged with take drive conveyance - the offence that relates to being in a stolen car.

His lawyer said she will apply for bail on Friday.

She said she will propose strict conditions that will mean if granted bail he will be virtually on home arrest.

Papers tendered to the court yesterday said Dalton had consumed 20 drinks and had cannabis before getting into the car.

Meanwhile, a family friend of one of the teenagers has expressed concern over footage which appears to show police officers punching one of them, after he was shot.

The New South Wales Greens want the Police Integrity Commission to handle the investigation of the shooting, which is being investigated by a police critical incident team.

Police say the evidence must be examined in its entirety before conclusions are drawn and have repeated their appeals for calm.

Mick Mundine is a family friend of the 14-year-old and a Redfern community spokesman.

He has told The World Today that the footage does not look good.

"I mean it's you know, it's just pathetic. I mean it wasn't very nice, seriously, it looked very bad on the police," he said.

Mr Mundine says leaders are trying to ease tensions in the community.

"They are very cranky... We're trying to keep a bit of peace but if nothing comes out of it and we dont get justice, you know it could really blow out of proportion," he said.

"So we've got to make sure that we keep on top of it."

He has echoed the Greens' call for the matter to be probed by an independent body.

"I think there should be independent investigation," he said.

I totally disagree with the teenagers father. How would a tazer help when the idiot kid is in a car plowing pedestrians? Ffs

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 23:06)
An article & video (if you click the link) on the police brutality

http://au.news.yahoo...lice-behaviour/

Article snip

I totally disagree with the teenagers father. How would a tazer help when the idiot kid is in a car plowing pedestrians? Ffs

Yeah the dude on the FB page i linked (Zyzzes brother) mentioned something about cops having too much power and only using tazers in the comments.

I seen a tall fat guy once with two tazers hanging off him and he was still advancing toward the police...guns are required sometimes, don't most cops carry both? Tazers and guns? In the appropriate situation the appropriate force will be used.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• European-Union

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

Tasers would have been entirely useless in this instance. Mostly because they don't have the velocity to break auto glass. I do wish people with no real understanding of a subject would refrain from posting their views on it.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

lucky For them... there in trouble

Anonymous14
  • Anonymous14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

Hi all
I came across this forum after googling the article as I know the 18 year old in this case (Troy Taylor). Firstly I can confirm that he is aboriginal, secondly I do not think this is a case of police brutality, the police were just doing their job and used the appropriate force. Thirdly it doesn't surprise me that this happened, Troy always had problems with law and regulation. He hardly ever went to school and when he did it was never a priority and he would even be a regular for detention there. He had been previously in trouble for theft. Heck he even ended up getting expelled from school

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Ok first of all it was NOT a drive by. Get your facts straight before you post something. These teenagers were being chased by the police when they went onto a footpath and ran over two people. Second, while the local police have been brutal over the last year and in this particular incident, the shooting of these idiots wasn't wholly undeserved. Wholly, being the key word, they shouldn't have been hit after being shot. But to put some back story, the driver dabbled in crime at the age of 8. He got what was coming to him after stealing another car and running people over.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 21:36)
Mick Mundine is a family friend of the 14-year-old and a Redfern community spokesman.

He has told The World Today that the footage does not look good.

"I mean it's you know, it's just pathetic. I mean it wasn't very nice, seriously, it looked very bad on the police," he said.

I'm personally not looking forward to dealing with people like this. Police should have nerf pistols and hold everyone's hand as they walk from petrol station to petrol station with a concealed weapon. It's not like its the collective failings of a community that made them what they are, a copper punched them and that's what we're focusing on now.

Conveniently not taking responsibility for this f*ckup kid as well.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (Anonymous14 @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 01:40)
Hi all
I came across this forum after googling the article as I know the 18 year old in this case (Troy Taylor). Firstly I can confirm that he is aboriginal, secondly I do not think this is a case of police brutality, the police were just doing their job and used the appropriate force. Thirdly it doesn't surprise me that this happened, Troy always had problems with law and regulation. He hardly ever went to school and when he did it was never a priority and he would even be a regular for detention there. He had been previously in trouble for theft. Heck he even ended up getting expelled from school

People that do these things are usually troublesome kids.

Most people don't out of the blue steal a car.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users