Photo

CLEO 4 doesn't install

6 replies to this topic
Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

So today I though of installing CLEO 4, because I wanted to play some DYOM missions.

Anyway, when I started the installation, everything seemed to go correctly, until I passed the "Choose Sanny Builder 3 Location" screen. After that, every file in the installation wasn't able to be opened. I pushed retry multiple times, but nothing happened.

Once the installation was over, it seemed like nothing was really installed; the CLEO folder wasn't in my GTA San Andreas folder, and none of the pre-loaded scripts were there either. Although there was this weird adrenaline pill I found in the game, which I'm pretty certain doesn't exist normally in the game.

Any suggestions?

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 00:42)
Although there was this weird adrenaline pill I found in the game, which I'm pretty certain doesn't exist normally in the game.

You could have been paranoid, Because CLEO didn't install correctly wink.gif

Try making a new SA backup and attempt to install CLEO again, This time run the CLEO.exe in Administrator mode.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

At the moment I'm at the installation, running in administrator mode. Should I also install the Sanny Builder 3 data files as well? Is it a necessary part of the installation?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Nah. Only if you want to make your own CLEO Scripts.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:59 PM Edited by Los Santos Pedestrian, 22 April 2012 - 03:14 PM.

Well, I just took the SB3 part out of the installation, and everything seemed to go correctly. The CLEO folder is there, so is CLEO.asi and everything else. Once I start up GTA: SA I'll edit my post and say if it worked or not. icon14.gif

EDIT: Everything didn't go well. The regular gta_sa.exe doesn't work; the only one that will run the game is a spare gta_sa_compact.exe from a while back. But overall, the game seems to work fine.

Ray_Santos
  • Ray_Santos

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

I was having similar problems when i installed CLEO, took me about a week to figure out why my game wouldn't start. I just downloaded the US gta_sa.exe v1.00 and everything worked fine. My EU .exe version of the game was not compatible for some reason.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Although CLEO should support 1.0 EU, not all CLEO Scripts do. 1.0 US is the most widely supported version. Compact is even better because it restores functions which are moved for crack protection.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users