Photo

Military

76 replies to this topic
SadisticOtters
  • SadisticOtters

Under new name

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 03:14)
QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 03:12)
QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 03:05)
QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 22:53)
Something about the whole armed forces coming after vs. the SWAT seems more interesting. Sure, the SWAT went to Fort Hood, but Team 6 went to go kill Osama. Just saying.

No. I was saying that people think...

military=most tactical/effective in the realm of urban law enforcement

...when it's really....

various tactical law enforcement units (made up of military veterans and ex-special forces with the same gear but different procedural training/goals)=most tactical/effective in the realm of urban law enforcement

Um, the military bases itself on tacticts. By the way, how much tacticts do you actually need to kill one GTA protag?

That depends. Is he using cheats?

biggrin.gif Yes

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 23:12)
Something about the whole armed forces coming after vs. the SWAT seems more interesting. Sure, the SWAT went to Fort Hood, but Team 6 went to go kill Osama. Just saying.

...when it's really....

various tactical law enforcement units (made up of military veterans and ex-special forces with the same gear but different procedural training/goals)=most tactical/effective in the realm of urban law enforcement

Um, the military bases itself on tacticts. By the way, how much tacticts do you actually need to kill one GTA protag?

Notice how I said....."in the realm of urban law enforcement".....very different procedures from the standard military rules of engagement.

Apparently we need way more tactics involved to kill a GTA protag., because evading and out gunning the law is very easy in GTAIV.

SadisticOtters
  • SadisticOtters

Under new name

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 03:16)
QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 23:12)

...when it's really....

Notice how I said....."in the realm of urban law enforcement".....very different procedures from the standard military rules of engagement.

Apparently we need way more tactics involved to kill a GTA protag., because evading and out gunning the law is very easy in GTAIV.

Have you seen military training? They are taught to adapt and recon any environment they are in. Here's a major tactic, shoot on site! Not much to that in a videogame. Which basically comes done to which force will you rather be taken down by? The ones with Tanks and Hydras or the ones with riot shields and armored vans? We could have both.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:34 AM Edited by canttakemyid, 23 April 2012 - 03:37 AM.

@SadisticOtters
I think you are over simplifying the efforts of law enforcement.

As long as they are far more tactical than this in GTAV......

....then I'm fine.

SadisticOtters
  • SadisticOtters

Under new name

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

I'm simplifying it because it's just a videogame, not real life. I'm not arguing SWAT vs Military in real life. They are both great and both take on hard tasks. I'm arguing Military vs NOOSE in GTA. When I'm flying a plane I doubt the SWAT team are going to pilot hydras to take me out...

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 03:15)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 03:14)
QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 03:12)

...when it's really....

That depends. Is he using cheats?

biggrin.gif Yes

Hmm. OK, fair enough. Here are my ideas as to how the law enforcement could be more tactical in GTAV (and other GTAs):

-Spike strips: These would spawn at 3 stars and onwards. Automatically pop all tires that touch them, and they will also trip your character if he tries to run over them. He must walk or jump over them.

Military at 6 stars: These guys would be specialized in virtually every area, making them very formidable foes. Here are some of the qualities the troops would have:
-Weapons would include M4s, P90s, M1014s, RPGs, Sniper Rifes (on rooftops), and grenades.
-Would be able to get shot without flinching as much, resuslting in the player to be more careful and make sure they are dead.
-If you came up close and personal with one of these guys, they would beat the sh*t out of you unless you were VERY skilled at hand to hand combat. They would absorb double the melee damage that a SWAT member does, and counter your attacks frequently.
-Equipped with special body armor that not only absorbs bullets, but also makes them somewhat resistant to explosions and fire.
-Two headshots would be required, as the first one would only shoot off their helmet.

Improved Roadblocks: 3 stars there would be police cars with spike strips. 4 stars there would be SWAT trucks with spike strips. 5 stars would be SWAT trucks, spike strips, and FBI troops waiting, ready to accurately gun you down. 6 stars would be military deploy trucks blocking the road with spike strips, with Military soldiers ready to gun you down with their amazing accuracy and weapons; There will also be minigun turrets manned by soldiers, that will deal as much damage as the M16 did in GTA3. On top of all that, there will be a military attack helicopter hovering above the roadblock armed with turrets.

Better AI cover system: SWAT automatically appears inside of interiors that are nearby to your location, equipped with shotguns to instantly take you by surprise and kill you.

Better Deployment: SWAT and Military should repel from choppers, and parachute out of badly damaged jets. Police and SWAT should exit their automobiles by rolling out, so that they dodge your fire since you'll be waiting for them. While they are inside their vehicles, they should put their head down when you shoot at them.

Better helicopters: 6-man helicopters (Pilot, passenger, 2 men sitting like in GTAIV, 2 gunners on the turrets). These turrets would be as strong as the M4, only they would never need to be reloaded. They would overheat after 5 seconds though. The men sitting on the sdes would be equipped with Sniper rifles or RPGs.

These are a few tactics/improvements that would make it harder to have a police shootout/chase. smile.gif

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

After the civilians clear out or get in the fetal position, it would be nice if law enforcement agents shut the power off in the building if you are indoors with 6 stars; requiring the night vision goggles to shoot your way out of the building to meet a massive police barricade with guns drawn to fight through.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 03:54)
After the civilians clear out or get in the fetal position, it would be nice if law enforcement agents shut the power off in the building if you are indoors with 6 stars; requiring the night vision goggles to shoot your way out of the building to meet a massive police barricade with guns drawn to fight through.

That. Is a GREAT idea.

highgrade89
  • highgrade89

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

I would like to see area 51 return and see vehicles inside that you can steal and if you do steal a vehicle or get too close to the base millitary attack you in jeeps, hellicopters, jets, personnel vehicles, LAV's and maybe a tank or 2 smile.gif but I wouldn't like the millitary to attack if your wanted level reaches 6

Alaannnn
  • Alaannnn

Film Director

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 03:56)
QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 03:54)

That. Is a GREAT idea.

With that Idea, I think you should also be able to sneak your way out if they don't notice you.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

Military is better than the N.O.O.S.E cause you feel like your facing the best. I hope they both come back.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

Actually I too really thought of having the army in GTA V. But then I thought it would spoil the realism actually I would love to see NOOSE officers with M4s. That would be awesome. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Yorpie @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 11:20)

There should be a military base somewhere in the countryside, with soldiers guarding it. There should be a tank and some military vehicles and a lot of heavy weaponary.
But at a six star wanted level, I prefer them to not appear. They seem to be a bit to overpowered and soldiers in tanks in a huge city doens't seem to fit. If they do appear, I suggest that at a six star wanted level, the Military Police shows up in Humvees with the best assault rifles in the game.

What do you think?

Yeah I think Tanks storming the street for one guy would be pushing it, maybe some beefed up versions of the APC will show up (an Army APC it could be called, basically a desert Camo APC with a bit more punch to the cannon and some more durability) and show up mainly in Humvees.

Maybe a tank can appear in the game but you should have to infiltrate a base to get it not have them actively spawn at a Six Star wanted level.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

I want them back, jets, tanks, assault rifles, and everything. I couldn't tell the difference between 6 stars and whatever stars the noose showed up on, they were stupid;y easy.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 19:23)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 20:01)
QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 23:51)
QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 14:45)
You know what would be boring? Playing an upgraded NOOSE. It's a videogame ffs. I hate this realism bullsh*t.

How is it boring? What's the alternative? The ONLY difference in these guys coming for you and the military, is the lack of camo on the uniforms. The ONLY problem with NoosE was their lack of lethality and if the military was in IV, we would've had the same problem. Slapping a cool camo uniform on the guys doesn't fix sh*t; it's f*cking childish.

*Just because I want a slight bit of realism, don't group me in there with idiots who want mandatory gasoline and nutrition just to lower my credibility.

That's where you're wrong. There are two main differences between the SWAT and the Military, that makes the two completely different from eachother.

1. Guns -- You really think that the SWAT have the same weapons as the military? Ok there kiddo lol.gif
2. Hand-to-Hand Combat Capabilities -- Do some research on the kind of vigorous training soldiers are required to do as opposed to SWAT.

So Camo isn't the only thing that seperates them. They are two extremely different forces, and they should both be featured in V's wanted level.

'SWAT' is not a single agency, it's a means/goal. The military is technically SWAT (if you apply the acronym). So yes, the camo pretty much is the only difference in a video game.

All depending on the setting/context of the threat....these are what keep you from throwing the military at the problem.

-US Border Patrol Tactical Unit
-Federal Protective Service
-FBI HRT
-Coast Guard Deployable Ops (Only military one that makes sense because where else do you have access to large amounts water-based traind combatant?)
-ATF
-DEA
-Diplomatic Security Service
-US Mint Police
-US Park Police SWAT
-Amtrak Police (Tactical Units)

It's not simply local police==>local police department SWAT==>military. Educate yourself about law enforcement if you think this is the case.
@SadisticOtters 'childish' is referring to your insistence that the military is a better alternative without any valid support for your suggestion; not a personal evaluation of your life.

Also don't forget BNSF Police Department (in California, BNSF Police can enforce other laws due to being able to have jurisdiction off Railroad Property) (for more info: http://en.wikipedia....lice_Department http://en.wikipedia....Railroad_police ) , Union Pacific Railroad Police, and the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) ( http://en.wikipedia....rism_Task_Force ) which includes railroad police agencies. Railroad Police will definatly be needed if there is Military Trains for transporting of Military Equipment, mostly vehicles.

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

I think military should make a come back. To me, getting 6 stars in GTA IV and staying alive was too easy. I have a feeling we will see a military base in GTA V though, potentially somewhere in the desert, assuming that the desert makes an appearance again.

kricco
  • kricco

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:01 PM Edited by kricco, 01 August 2012 - 05:04 PM.

A military base would be cool in V

maybe it can be based on this one, this is a base to the U.S Air Force:
http://en.wikipedia...._Air_Force_Base

It is located in Los Angeles County, San Bernardino County

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users