DFF Exporter (3ds Max plugin)

44 replies to this topic
tosfera
  • tosfera

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

I saw that the post has been bumped by Reix2x with his request, now that someone actually bumped this and you put your time in to reply. For the love of programmers, any chance you could also convert it to 3ds max 2016 too? I've made quite a lot of models and I really can't be arshed to port them all to 2014 nor to a lower version. 

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

• Feroci
  • Ukraine
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 2 weeks ago

The reason why maxscript is better than sdk :p

• M4k3 likes this

reix2x
  • reix2x

Player Hater

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 2 weeks ago

I saw that the post has been bumped by Reix2x with his request, now that someone actually bumped this and you put your time in to reply. For the love of programmers, any chance you could also convert it to 3ds max 2016 too? I've made quite a lot of models and I really can't be arshed to port them all to 2014 nor to a lower version. 

What's the pain with the bumps? i want to try a new tool, i found it and i ask if it could be recompiled. i understand that you use another tools but that's why those tools born, to be used. i would appreciate some help with the smoothing groups on my tool, the Kam's GTA Scripts is very nice, it is even the tool than i'm using right now to export, but for me that "Smoothing Groups Helper" is broken (i can't make it work). So pal, keep your focus on the work and don't focus that much on the bumps. cheers.

ProdigyHD
  • ProdigyHD

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

The reason why maxscript is better than sdk :p

Hey man I've been using your YDR to DFF converter and I ran into an issue yesterday. I kept getting this Warning when converting the file. Is there a way to remove the limit of vertices or something. Thanks

hyJJnSE.png

tosfera
  • tosfera

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

What's the pain with the bumps? i want to try a new tool, i found it and i ask if it could be recompiled. i understand that you use another tools but that's why those tools born, to be used. i would appreciate some help with the smoothing groups on my tool, the Kam's GTA Scripts is very nice, it is even the tool than i'm using right now to export, but for me that "Smoothing Groups Helper" is broken (i can't make it work). So pal, keep your focus on the work and don't focus that much on the bumps. cheers.

I'm not really a fan of bumping, some forums don't allow it nor the authors of some threads are not interested in their threads anymore. I've had it several times that I got spammed again because some guy bumped a post of a few years ago. Not a funny thing to see in your email haha.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, I have sent a PM to the author of this project as all the models I export with his scripts only come up Black in game, no textures, they look fine in KED, GGMM, etc. but in game they are all Black, and I have tried several different versions of the exporter on different 3DS Max over different PC's and all get the same thing.

_F_
  • _F_

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Vehicle 2014 [GTAV Vehicles converted to San Andreas]

Posted A week ago

Well, I have sent a PM to the author of this project as all the models I export with his scripts only come up Black in game, no textures, they look fine in KED, GGMM, etc. but in game they are all Black, and I have tried several different versions of the exporter on different 3DS Max over different PC's and all get the same thing.

These are the settings I use and everything works perfectly fine. (I'm exporting cars)
2j3ipva.jpg

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Just letting you know that I'm also interested in an update. I'm using 3ds Max 2015.

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 5 days ago Edited by goodidea82, 5 days ago.

Old free versions of 3ds Max are not available anymore, therefore the DffImport and DffExport plugins must be updated for the available 3ds Max versions.

The source code is available here http://dffplugin.codeplex.com/ I have built the import and export plugins for 3ds Max 2015 64bit (free student edition) using the following steps. 

1. During installation of 3ds Max 2015 64bit select also the installation of the 3ds Max SDK.
  2. Install Visual Studio Community 2015
  3. Download the source code of the plugins from http://dffplugin.codeplex.com/ and open in Visual Studio (VS) the .sln file. VS will convert and upgrade the project. After successul loading you will see two projects: DffExporter, DffImporter.
  4. Open Build->Configuration Manager. There you will see the targets 3dsMax2012 and 3dsMax2013. Create the new configuration 3dsMax2015 (using <new..> in the dropdown box), and "Copy settings from" 3dsMax2013. Next we have to update the settings. Make sure you chose everywhere the configuration 3dsMax2015 from now on.
  5. For both projects do the following:
    1. Go to Menu: Project->Properties->General. Select plattform x64. Remark: Target Platform Version 8.1 is compatible with Win 7. For TargetName write DffExporter_2015x64 (analogously for the importer).
    2. Project->Properties->VC++ Direcotries. Set the Include and Library Directories where your 3ds Max SDK is installed. For exmple on my system its
      Include: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015 SDK\maxsdk\include;$(IncludePath)
      Library: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015 SDK\maxsdk\lib\x64\Release;$(LibraryPath)
    3. Project->Properties->Linker->Input. Edit "Additional Dependencies". There I have to replaced the file springsys.lib with spring.lib because springsys.lib does not exist in the SDK. Since the compilation works I assume this is ok.
    4. In DffExporter.h (similarly for DffImporter.h) replace the line where PLUGIN_VERSION is defined:
      #ifdef MAX_RECENT
      	#define PLUGIN_VERSION VERSION_3DSMAX
      #else
      	#define PLUGIN_VERSION ((MAX_RELEASE<<16)+(MAX_API_NUM<<8)+MAX_SDK_REV)
      //	#define PLUGIN_VERSION ((MAX_RELEASE_R12<<16)+(MAX_API_NUM_R120<<8)+MAX_SDK_REV)
      #endif

MAX_RELEASE represents the current version of your SDK

5. Build the project

6. Install the scripts (and also GTA_Material.ms and GTA_MultiMaterial.ms) as described in the original DffPluginReadmes.xps

Spoiler
  • Wesser, tosfera and barti like this

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 5 days ago Edited by goodidea82, 5 days ago.

Ok, I have figured it out. I  used the wrong version of GTA_Material.ms and GTA_MultiMaterial.ms which resulted in a nullpointer exception in the export plugin. When following the description of the compilation process, the plugins are fully functional under 3ds Max 2015.

For convenience I have uploaded the precompiled files on gtainside.

Download: http://www.gtainside...tudio-max-2015/

The author is of course seggaeman.

• Tomasak, tosfera and barti like this

tosfera
  • tosfera

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 5 days ago

Going to check it out tomorrow Goodidea82, thanks a lot! Does it also include exporting objects? Or just vehicles?

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 5 days ago

There are options for peds, vehicles, and buildings. I haven't checked if other objects can be exported. Others probably know better.

Download: http://www.gtainside...tudio-max-2015/

tosfera
  • tosfera

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 days ago

Oh sh*t, I forgot that I'm running 2016. Time to see if I can use the same way as you to transport it to 2016.

barti
  • barti

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago Edited by barti, 3 days ago.

Actually the 2015 plugin seems to work under 2016 just fine.

seggaeman
  • seggaeman

Ace

• Members

Posted 20 hours ago

Thanks a lot for porting the plugin to 3ds max 2015 goodidea82. I have been absent from the gta modding scene for quite a while, but I will find time to fix bugs in the tool and also port it to 3ds max 2009. A few people have requested  that.

I'd also like to know if any of you like to have the tool on Maya?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users