» «
Photo

GTA IV installation problem

16 replies to this topic
Kuhararin
  • Kuhararin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:57 AM Edited by Kuhararin, 21 April 2012 - 02:31 PM.

When I tried to install the above 3 file, umdf, wmfdist11 and wmpappcompat they had the same Setup error, it pop up "not enough storage is available to process this command" and "installation did not complete" afterwards how to fix these error ? i tried registry fixing , running defragment and searched all over internet but can't seems to find the cure !!
my laptop model is asus a43sv, i have 4 gb ram, harddrive storage is definitely enough, i5-2410 processor and gt540m 2gb graphic card confused.gif

marmoo
  • marmoo

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:15 AM Edited by marmoo, 21 April 2012 - 08:20 AM.

Hi Khu

Does this pop up happen during the installation or on launch of GTA IV itself

If in launch, try running in XP Compatibility mode

Also, is this a Download Version(Steam) or have you bought the disc version?

Kuhararin
  • Kuhararin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

it happened during the installation, i am running windows 7 64bit, i tried running that in xp compatibilty mode but another error pop up "This Wudf01000 is for a different hardware platform"

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (marmoo @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 13:45)

Answer this, please.

Also, please check how much space you have left on the drive that you're trying to install the game into. This game needs around 15 GB at least. And don't forget to close all running applications before you start the setup.

Kuhararin
  • Kuhararin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 14:49)
QUOTE (marmoo @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 13:45)

Answer this, please.

Also, please check how much space you have left on the drive that you're trying to install the game into. This game needs around 15 GB at least. And don't forget to close all running applications before you start the setup.

oops sorry about that, it is the disc version. My harddrive have atleast 35gb left, yes i closed all running applications before i install everything.

marmoo
  • marmoo

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

Have you attempted copying both disks to a HDD folder and then running set up from there?

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Does the game setup manage to complete on its own or not?

Kuhararin
  • Kuhararin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

@marmoo yup i tried copying everything into hard disc and run setup, same thing happened
@mkey82 the game setup finished without problem , just that when i tried to launch gtaiv it said "application failed to launch. the application you are attempting to launch no longer exists"

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

OK, once you installed it, are you trying to start it with LaunchGTAIV.exe? Have you installed GFWL update and Patch 7?

Kuhararin
  • Kuhararin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

I tried launching through RGSC, launchgtaiv.exe both didnt work, but i haven't tried the patch, downloading now smile.gif hopefully it works

Kuhararin
  • Kuhararin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

bad news sad.gif same thing, application failed to launch ... by the way i found out umdf, wmfdist11 and wmpappcompat related to windows media player 11, so i went through quite some work to install wmp11 on my windows 7 , but still doesn't help ....

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

Download this http://www.mediafire...segbqci8khqcmh9
Place the sfx archive on your desktop.
Run it and press Extract.
Once it's complete it will create a rel folder.
Open it and inside you'll find a file collect.cmd which you should run with admin rights.
If a window pops up asking you to accept an EULA, accept it.
Once the script completes, it may take about 5 minutes, you'll see a file info.7z appear. If you wish to review the contents of that file, go to the info folder which contains various reports about your system.
Finally, if you agree, you should upload the info.7z file for me to review it here http://www.speedyshare.com/
Once the upload process is done, post the download link back here.

Kuhararin
  • Kuhararin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

umm mkey82, i run a system recovery because i mess up a lot with the registry to install the wmp11, and since it didnt work, i want to revert it back to the way it was. I tried to revert before gta was installed, after the recovery completed, it said the recovery was not completed, i still have the gta iv file on my hd, but it's not registered as installed on my computer.
any way , i have done the 7z file and will upload tomorrow ( internet is very very very slow now for no reason again -_-) may i ask what is that for ?

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

I want to see whats your PC status, but if you messed with the registry there is no telling how much damage has been done.

marmoo
  • marmoo

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

I know it may sound a bit drastic but format and fresh install of OS could be in order here

Then start again

Kuhararin
  • Kuhararin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

@mkey , i checked, the registry have been restored, just that the gtaiv and RGSC file still on my computer
@marmoo, i am considering that in case everything doesn't work confused.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

From what I can see:
- you should remove daemon tools, it can easily cause conflicts with Securom
- you should use Hardware Monitor to check your temperatures

CODE
Hardware monitor ACPI
Temperature 0 65C (148F) [0xD36] (TZ00)

I don't know what does this temperature relate to, is it the CPU or the system, but in any case it's very high. Your GPU temp seem to be fine, though

You also seem not to have GFWL installed, which if you're using xliveless doesn't matter. With all said and done, you should uninstall the game, if your system sees it as installed and then delete the installation directory manually. Then install the game again, delete game settings and try to run it again.

No cracks, no mods.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users