Photo

Awe man, I am now depressed...

19 replies to this topic
Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

I am so excited that after years of fooling around in the game, playing through it in 2008 with the cheats, that today I finally beat the game without using a single cheat. Not to mention I managed to get 100% completion. This is amazing, I feel great and this game is probably my favorite in the series (it was IV).

However, I'm also kind of saddened because I am done with the game and I am not sure what to do. I did not expect to have the game done in just over a week (43:19 is my current game time), at least, done at 100% in a week. Too bad there is no way to replay missions, because there are a few I would love to redo.

Oh well, I am not ready to say goodbye to Vice City, but I have no choice.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

I know man, this game is awesome. Though, there is a way to replay specific missions, without starting the game from the beginning. But you'll need the PC version of the game. Take a look at this post and download any save you'd like to play. You should take the save of the mission that unlocks the mission you want to play.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

Yeah, I have it on the PS2 I don't play PC games.

BlackCorsair
  • BlackCorsair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Have you played Vice City Stories? I`m playing it on PS2 the fist time for the 100% and it feels like coming home.

Plus, some missions are a ball.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (BlackCorsair @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 10:42)
Have you played Vice City Stories? I`m playing it on PS2 the fist time for the 100% and it feels like coming home.

Yeah, I honestly do not like it.

I bought it on the PSP, got bored with it after killing Marty, so I stopped playing it.

I then bought it on the PS2 in 2008, made it all of the way through (with the cheats), but I still found it to be boring. I just do not like the empire building aspect, and I hate having to drive to the entirely other end of the city to protect something when it is under attack (this was also my least favorite aspect in San Andreas).

I might start playing it next week, but I'm not sure I can really 100% another GTA game so soon.

I also don't like having to shoot the red balloons because you are always guaranteed to get a wanted star.

sqre
  • sqre

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

i didn't care for stories i just couldn't relate to vic.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:09 PM Edited by Spuds725, 21 April 2012 - 10:12 PM.

One advantage of replaying missions in VC is that the game is very non linear-- what I mean is that it is linear up to you doing shakedown then the story missions are pretty much parallel meaning you can get to them quickly if you keep a save with shakedown done and then don't save it after doing any missions following.... if you do this you can access any of "asset" missions by doing no more then 3 missions.

It helps to know which missions are story and which are side.... so you could hold back on doing sides and keep them available as well.

Story missions---

All missions for Kent Rosenberg.
All but the last mission for Cortez (you do NOT have to complete all hands on deck to advance the story-- which IMO is a good mission to replay).
All missions for Diaz and Kent Paul.
All Vercetti Missions
All Asset Missions
Both Final missions.

Side missions (besides the obvious checkpoints, rampages, jumps, R3, etc)---
Avery Carrington (these missions are NOT story mission-- however they do unlock Cuban and Haitian missions).
Mitch Baker Missions
Love Fist Missions
The Last Cortez mission
Cuban Missions
Haitian Missions

All this being said you can access almost any mission within 3 missions by keeping a good selection of saves..

To do this.... what I would do.

Save 1.... Shake down done-- Avery missions not done--- can access any asset mission and all vercetti missions (except shakedown) by completing no more then 3 missions. Can also acces Avery missions. Love Fist and Mitch Baker missions.

Save 2. Shake down done-- Avery missions done-- Same as above but can access Cuban and Haitian missions (instead of Avery).

Save 3.... Shakedown done-- Malibu missions done-- Can access above (minus Malibu missions)-- but can access Phil Cassidy missions.

Save 4.... Asset missions done--- final 2 missions available (side missions if they aren't done-- see above)

The remaining saves could be allocated according to your preference---

I would keep one with Diaz missions unlocked (right after doing guardian angels for Cortez).

I would keep one with Cortez missions unlocked (but not done).

Anyway.... as you can see you can get to alot of missions quickly by keeping a good collection of saves.....

If you decide to do this... this flowchart will probably help you alot in deciding what saves you would want to keep.... and how you can get to where you might want to be quickly....

http://patrickw.gtag...vc_sequence.pdf

HTH

BlackCorsair
  • BlackCorsair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:39 AM Edited by BlackCorsair, 22 April 2012 - 11:41 AM.

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 15:46)

I bought it on the PSP, got bored with it after killing Marty, so I stopped playing it.

I then bought it on the PS2 in 2008, made it all of the way through (with the cheats), but I still found it to be boring. I just do not like the empire building aspect, and I hate having to drive to the entirely other end of the city to protect something when it is under attack (this was also my least favorite aspect in San Andreas).

I might start playing it next week, but I'm not sure I can really 100% another GTA game so soon.

I also don't like having to shoot the red balloons because you are always guaranteed to get a wanted star.

I just did what I also did in SA. I took the whole empire sites first and worried about missions later. I don`t like the red baloons as much as the Tika statues, but I just snip them and move to a star if I get a wanted level, no biggie.

What I like about Stories is how the city is the same but feels more detailed and bright. The movie teathers, the new neons, the deco condoms at Downtown, more stores, etc. I get the shaky feeling that peds spawn less than in the original game, or slower at least, but after some seconds it`s all about driving the sports car in some wacky chase again. Viva Vice!

@Spuds,

Nice one! I have to try that.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:41 AM Edited by Dr Kain, 23 April 2012 - 05:43 AM.

QUOTE (BlackCorsair @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 11:39)
QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 15:46)

I just did what I also did in SA. I took the whole empire sites first and worried about missions later. I don`t like the red baloons as much as the Tika statues, but I just snip them and move to a star if I get a wanted level, no biggie.

What I like about Stories is how the city is the same but feels more detailed and bright. The movie teathers, the new neons, the deco condoms at Downtown, more stores, etc. I get the shaky feeling that peds spawn less than in the original game, or slower at least, but after some seconds it`s all about driving the sports car in some wacky chase again. Viva Vice!

@Spuds,

Nice one! I have to try that.

Well, I was not ready to leave Vice City, so I did start Stories today. I just got to kill Marty, so we will see how things are. However, I have 45 balloons taken care of already (I just need to wait for a sniper rifle to take care of the remaining two in Downtown), got a few of the Unique Stunt Jumps out of the way, but I do not think I am going to be able to 100% this game, as I cannot get my bike to speed up to perform several jumps no matter how far back I go and how long I hold forward for.

Like the one by Phil's safehouse. I go all of the way to where Phil's hideout is, move as fast as I can and hold forward, but when I jump, he lands on the building everytime and it says I failed the jump. Then there is one on the rooftop in the airport, but they do not give you enough room to make the jump. Or one by the docks that is supposed to jump into the ariport traffic street but even when I go all of the way back to the ramp for the jump on the dock, I still cannot make it. And I am using the PGC 600.

Anyway, I do agree about the neon lights, as the airport and Beach Hotel look gorgeous at night. I also did all of the paramedic missions because my god does Vic runs slowly when he is tired out.

As for the empire building, isn't it better to just do all 30 locations at the very end of the game so you do not have to worry about having them under attack while trying to do stuff like Rampages, Vigilante missions, and the like? Plus, don't you have to have all 30 under your control when you do the final mission to get that score towards 100%?

Oh yeah, taxi missions are nearly impossible in this game. I dropped off a dude and had 3:12 on my clock and no matter how long I stayed in an area or drove around, I ran out of time because NO ONE appeared. There was not even a single pedestrian walking on any street during this time frame, it was very frustrating because I was on 17.

Ingrid37
  • Ingrid37

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

user posted imageI know man, this game is awesome.

BlackCorsair
  • BlackCorsair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:25 AM Edited by BlackCorsair, 24 April 2012 - 11:57 AM.

The things that bother me the most in VCS are some of that too, less pedestrian/car spawnmage which is a bitch to handle in some rampages and some of the jumps, like that very same at Vice Port. I wonder if it was because of the translation from PSP to PS2.

On the other hand I am having such a ball with the missions that I overlook that, no single game is perfect anyhow. All you do until you kill Marty is justa warm up. What you do after starts to make it all look like you are in a pure 80`s action flick, Tv show.

Not Scarface, mind you, that was all Tommy, but something else from that era. I like that you get to use the chopters more this time.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (BlackCorsair @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 11:25)
The things that bother me the most in VCS are some of that too, less pedestrian/car spawnmage which is a bitch to handle in some rampages and some of the jumps, like that very same at Vice Port. I wonder if it was because of the translation from PSP to PS2.

On the other hand I am having such a ball with the missions that I overlook that, no single game is perfect anyhow. All you do until you kill Marty is justa warm up. What you do after starts to make it all look like you are in a pure 80`s action flick, Tv show.

Not Scarface, mind you, that was all Tommy, but something else from that era. I like that you get to use the chopters more this time.

See, I do not like Vic at all. I loved Tommy, loved Niko, loved CJ, kinda enjoyed Tony, tolerated Claud, but Vic is just awful and hypocritical. He likes to talk but can never do the walk. Every mission at the beginning had him going off on Martinez just to have him then do what Martinez wanted. And all he did was complain about how he wanted an honest life and does not keep up with it.

Anyway, I got all 99 balloons (used a glitch to get to the other island), did all of the firetruck missions, the 5 races (even though the strategy guide says there are 6), did all 20 stunt jumps (or maybe 21, I am not sure, as I found one the strategy guide does not list), did a few rampages, and the Quad Bike trials.

Speaking of Scarface, this is a vicious cycle. I saw Scarface for the first time back in Jan, as I was given the BD for Xmas. Enjoyed it a lot, and it made me want to play Vice City. So now that I have played through Vice City, I want to watch Scarface again. lol.gif

BlackCorsair
  • BlackCorsair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 03:54)
QUOTE (BlackCorsair @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 11:25)

See, I do not like Vic at all. I loved Tommy, loved Niko, loved CJ, kinda enjoyed Tony, tolerated Claud, but Vic is just awful and hypocritical. He likes to talk but can never do the walk. Every mission at the beginning had him going off on Martinez just to have him then do what Martinez wanted. And all he did was complain about how he wanted an honest life and does not keep up with it.

Anyway, I got all 99 balloons (used a glitch to get to the other island), did all of the firetruck missions, the 5 races (even though the strategy guide says there are 6), did all 20 stunt jumps (or maybe 21, I am not sure, as I found one the strategy guide does not list), did a few rampages, and the Quad Bike trials.

Speaking of Scarface, this is a vicious cycle. I saw Scarface for the first time back in Jan, as I was given the BD for Xmas. Enjoyed it a lot, and it made me want to play Vice City. So now that I have played through Vice City, I want to watch Scarface again. lol.gif

I particularly think VCS`s beginning is weak compared to VC. The only reason I tolerate Vic is because he is pushed to do sh*t he doesn`t want to because of bigger reasons, but mainly because he changes a tad in mid story. That alone puts him above CJ in my view, whom I never really wearmed up to.

I agree about Tommy being the most consistant protagonist of the whole series with Niko in terms of character. He never acted out of what we could see that he was, and he was certainly no hypcrocate.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

So I just made a topic on this in the VCS board, but I am so ready to throw it out the window. Every time I try to walk, I get shot up at by the goons in the truck that kill me in seconds before I can even do anything. If I try to get the remaining cars to the impound lot, I get those guys shooting up the car before I even get it anywhere. And when that isn't happening, one of my god damned businesses is under attack. I just spent the lats 40 minutes going from one to another, repairing one, going back to the other island, then have another one under attack, so I gotta go repair that. Then when I do that, ANOTHER one gets under attack, and sometimes the same one I have not even had the chance to repair yet is attacked. THIS IS GOD DAMNED RIDICULOUS!!!! How am I supposed to do anything when I cannot get anything accomplished because every 40 seconds I am having to deal with another f*cking empire???!!! I knew I shouldn't have bothered with this sh*t, but nooooooooooooooooo, I wanted to get it out of the way as soon as possible.

BlackCorsair
  • BlackCorsair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 05:19)
So I just made a topic on this in the VCS board, but I am so ready to throw it out the window.  Every time I try to walk, I get shot up at by the goons in the truck that kill me in seconds before I can even do anything.  If I try to get the remaining cars to the impound lot, I get those guys shooting up the car before I even get it anywhere.  And when that isn't happening, one of my god damned businesses is under attack.  I just spent the lats 40 minutes going from one to another, repairing one, going back to the other island, then have another one under attack, so I gotta go repair that.  Then when I do that, ANOTHER one gets under attack, and sometimes the same one I have not even had the chance to repair yet is attacked.  THIS IS GOD DAMNED RIDICULOUS!!!!  How am I supposed to do anything when I cannot get anything accomplished because every 40 seconds I am having to deal with another f*cking empire???!!!  I knew I shouldn't have bothered with this sh*t, but nooooooooooooooooo, I wanted to get it out of the way as soon as possible.

Thats why I did all the empire sites of the whole map before doing anything else. It`s a more exageratted SA mechanic. If it`s too much, protect an empire and save afterwards and do repairs later. Add repeat until you have them all under your wing.

I am doing the rampages against the Sharks now, those damned motherf*ckers pack serious firepower. Still, I had a laugh when I used the rocket launcher against them.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

Yeah, I managed to do all of that. I'm about 88% done, but I've given up on trying to get 100%. I just cannot beat Crime on Wings or Land Sea Air Ace at all. In fact, I cannot even make it through Crime on Wings, my plane always hits too much stuff. It is the reason I have only played through SA once, I suck when it comes to flying airplanes in any video game.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 19:59)
It is the reason I have only played through SA once, I suck when it comes to flying airplanes in any video game.

This is like me with motorcycles

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Start playing RPG server on VC:MP then tounge.gif

BlackCorsair
  • BlackCorsair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:23 PM Edited by BlackCorsair, 10 May 2012 - 12:26 PM.

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 23:59)
Yeah, I managed to do all of that.  I'm about 88% done, but I've given up on trying to get 100%.  I just cannot beat Crime on Wings or Land Sea Air Ace at all.  In fact, I cannot even make it through Crime on Wings, my plane always hits too much stuff.  It is the reason I have only played through SA once, I suck when it comes to flying airplanes in any video game.

Likewise, the plane missions were what I hated in SA. The implementation ittself in the game is a great idea, I like it, but the controls piss me off.

Bikes on the other hand I never had a problem with, I still remember having a blast with them (and still do in VCS) when I did Mitch`s first request mission in that race across Downtown.

I just had one of those "game moments" imprinted in my memory playing VCS, just recently. Here I am, doing the mission for the Mendez to steal back the coke in the chopter and Art Of Noise starts playing on, when the sun is setting off..

Pure poetry.

This was like crusing Ocean Beach in my first VC play (which happened to be on my first week of summer vacations in that year, no less), at around 5.AM, while listening to "Life Is What You Make It" while chasing down that group of people assigned by the phone missions. I don`t think I will ever forget it.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 18:29)
Start playing RPG server on VC:MP then tounge.gif

No thanks. I don't like multiplayer mode on games. Plus, I would have to disconnect my modem from my computer and drag it across the room to plug it into my PS2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users