Photo

No Audio With Burnt DVDs On Certain Devices

6 replies to this topic
Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Me again. I managed to get over my cleptomania as metioned in my last DVD burning help topic and *cough* acquired a new DVD burner. Burnt half a season of a show fine. I was pretty proud of myself.

Unfortunately, while the DVDs work fine on my TV's DVD player, they won't work on my 'friends' player. And they don't work on either of our PS2's at all (gives that ol' "insert PS2 format disc" message). I'm puzzled as to why. I converted the AVI files to DVD format using DVDVideoSoft's "Free Studio". It's always been my choice for many things as all those media tools that I find myself needing from time to time are bundled as one package meaning I don't have random software by different providers all over my computer that I can't find.

So I'm wondering if anyone here has a suggestion. I'm all out of ideas now.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

You should use Nero, it automatically converts AVI or other popular format to vob (DVD format) when it's burning to the DVD Disc.
The burner you bought should come with a software.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

DVD Recordables are still also best suited by type, I tried getting mine I know replicated properly working on some multi brand players, seems DVD - R is the one you should stick with, DVD + R or RW, read/write varieties are not as robust to be found working on a variety of players.
Also as mentioned before, branding to a lesser degree

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hmm, there are various 'DVD formats' but some players might not support them. Try ConvertXtoDVD, it does the job awesomely.

Slamman
  • Slamman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

What makes it most confusing is a seeming brand discrepancy, so I recommend always seeing what others have tested and found to succeed, the Net is so useful in that regard, and since the dawn of CD burning they've been offering reported tests and findings.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 13:27)
Hmm, there are various 'DVD formats' but some players might not support them. Try ConvertXtoDVD, it does the job awesomely.

Actually there is only 1 DVD format. There are different region codes and basically 2 different video formats (NTSC and PAL). Since burned DVDs will be made as Region Zero which mean any DVD player can play it the only limitation would be PAL and NTSC and that's only if the DVD player or even the TV are strict about that and even the most that would/should happen is an odd looking video.

The audio portion of a DVD is all AC3 encoded, from there it'll either be stereo, Dolby and or DTS. In his case I'm guessing stereo only.

I'll give Slamman points for the "brand discrepancy" argument. Since the OP didn't mention what DVD disc or what players where used it's hard to narrow that down. Made even harder by the fact that according to the 100+ members of videohelp.com saying that for the PS2 both DVD -/+R disc play, as well as -/+RW and +RDL but not -RDL. And that the DVD media brand range widely. That kind of cancels out "brand discrepancy" as the issue with the PS2.
Most also mention that the disc are playing fine on non-modded units. The only time the PS2 had to be modded was to read VCD and SVCD disc which I can only hope to assume the OP didn't actually end up using while making the DVD.

Slamman
  • Slamman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

I'm generally suggesting doing plenty of searches, as I had many problems getting CDs made on my original eMachine, I can tell you it was using a Samsung Combo drive, and it's hard to argue Samsung as not making quality drives, but in 2000?! 2001? Perhaps they weren't

My latest home DVD burner is problematic, not sure if it's because of user abuse, or manufacture, but I still find it a nice buy because it has an HD tuner and can burn HD programming to standard DVD as such

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users