• grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

GTA5 is a new era, meaning new characters, new vehicles, new music, and a new Los Santos.

JamesHarris135
  • JamesHarris135

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

I believe R* stated during the development of GTA4 that any future games would not include any characters from games upto the point of San Andreas

Arman Ossi Loko
  • Arman Ossi Loko

GTAV4EVER!!!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:03 PM Edited by Arman Ossi Loko, 21 April 2012 - 09:03 PM.

Yes, but in mods for GTA 5.

Domeux
  • Domeux

King of the Craic

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Although it is a New Era, and while I do understand the whole Universe thing, I reckon there will be an african-american gang who, will only be "suggested" to be the remnants of the Grove Street Families (Possibly with dialogue like telling about two brothers leading the gang 'back in the day'), but in a cut-scene we'll catch a glimpse of an old-ish guy, sorta like Emmet from San Andreas, only strongly resembling Sweet.

I'm half expecting a "GOD! someone else who doesn't get the universe theory". Trust me I do, but I just can't accept that Rockstar won't, at the very least, give even slight reference to its best GTA game.

btbwuh
  • btbwuh

YOLO IS FOR BITCHES

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

For the last time.. I will say it as calmly as possible:

CARL JOHNSON OR ANY OTHER III ERA CHARACTER IS NOT IN GRAND THEFT AUTO V.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:06 PM Edited by jnzooger, 21 April 2012 - 11:11 PM.

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 11:08)
Let me pose you this question.. If there had been a white guy with a black jacket and green combat trousers, do you think that nobody would have thought it was Claude? I'd say they would have. And would anyone have dubbed them racist for doing so? I don't believe they would, and why is that?

user posted image
Hey look, its Claude! tounge2.gif

/Ontopic: Frankly, I will be disappointed in Rockstar if there are any IV characters in V, roman numerals and all... However, if they put any III characters in, I may have to break up with Rockstar for good. That is how much it would ruin things for me. (And I'm one of the biggest Rockstar lovers around.)

And to be fair and unbiased: @MiamiViceCity, it wouldn't be the first time a character has completely changed looks...
user posted image
user posted image

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Perhaps here things will be different

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 10:06)
QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 11:08)
Let me pose you this question.. If there had been a white guy with a black jacket and green combat trousers, do you think that nobody would have thought it was Claude? I'd say they would have. And would anyone have dubbed them racist for doing so? I don't believe they would, and why is that?

user posted image
Hey look, its Claude! tounge2.gif

/Ontopic: Frankly, I will be disappointed in Rockstar if there are any IV characters in V, roman numerals and all... However, if they put any III characters in, I may have to break up with Rockstar for good. That is how much it would ruin things for me. (And I'm one of the biggest Rockstar lovers around.)

And to be fair and unbiased: @MiamiViceCity, it wouldn't be the first time a character has completely changed looks...
user posted image
user posted image

I see what you're saying, but even in Phil's case there's still a resemblance and R* probably didn't think they'd use Vic again which is why he looks different in VCS compared to VC.

Chickenwing
  • Chickenwing

You See it in the Movies.....

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 20:34)
GTA5 is a new era, meaning new characters, new vehicles, new music, and a new Los Santos.

Yet there's old brands, businesses and radio presenters?

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (Chickenwing @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 01:15)
QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 20:34)

Yet there's old brands, businesses and radio presenters?

That's not hard to understand when you understand how a multiverse works. Some universes could differ only in that one guy decided not to move to Liberty from Los Santos. After that branch, a gangwar may not occur in one universe and may occur in another. That gang war could end up killing a kid that in the other universe became president and ended all gangs. 40 years from that original split, one universe is overrun with gang violence, and the other is living in a peaceful prosperity.

In the case of GTA III and GTA IV, the one difference that we can see is that Liberty City was designed differently. Because of that, brands from around the GTA world still exist in both versions. As far as we can tell, based on the TV and billboards, everything from the games in the III story could have happened exactly the same in the IV world, outside of what happened in III itself and one scene in SA. For those parts, they could have still taken place, but in IV's Liberty instead, with the locations transposed as necessary. The Callahan Bridge explosion for example could have happened on the East Borough Bridge.)

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

The first rule of GTA is characters from an era do not physically appear in another era.

The second rule of GTA is characters from an era DO NOT PHYSICALLY APPEAR IN ANOTHER ERA.

Jemoni2012
  • Jemoni2012

The Psycho

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Ok, a Breakdown for pepole:
There are 3 GTA eras: The Original Era (2D era), The III Era (The 3D era) and the IV Era (The HD Era), each of which contain their own GTA games and each of those games contain their own cities.

2D era: GTA I and II
3D era: II, Vice City and San Andreas
HD era: IV and (presumebaly) V.

Henceforth the changes:

In GTA I SA was a city based on San Francisco, and LC and VC had nothing notable.

Skip forth to the 3D era: LC had three islands, each had their own name but it had no notable landmarks, VC had 2 islands, also named, and SA was a state containing 3 cities (Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas) and the countryside and it had some notable landmarks.

Skip forth to the HD era: Starting off with the only thing we really know about: LC. It had a majorly revamped city, had notable landmarks from New York, from which it was based, and it also had three (four?) islands, each with a DIFFERENT name than from III.

Therefore, it is possible, that maybe characters from IV might return, but not from any of the previous places. Hell, GTA V will probably have a revamped LS, revamped countryside and it may not even contain Grove Street, hence some places with info about there being different names to the counties and mountains, also why SF and LV might not return, but the notable landmarks still return.

END RANT

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

@Jemoni2012: You got all that right as far as GTA1, the III-era, and IV, however you neglect the fact that GTA2 had nothing to do with GTA1 as far as story goes.

Rockstar was only talking about the consoles when they said 2D/3D/HD. They said characters can't move between those consoles because it would look wrong.

So yes, there are 3 console eras right now, but there are also 4 story eras, 5 when V comes out most likely.

Jemoni2012
  • Jemoni2012

The Psycho

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 15:29)
@Jemoni2012: You got all that right as far as GTA1, the III-era, and IV, however you neglect the fact that GTA2 had nothing to do with GTA1 as far as story goes.

Rockstar was only talking about the consoles when they said 2D/3D/HD. They said characters can't move between those consoles because it would look wrong.

So yes, there are 3 console eras right now, but there are also 4 story eras, 5 when V comes out most likely.

I can make you a time era of the III era:
1. Vice City
2. San Andreas
3. III

I don't mean how they were released, I mean by what times they were set in. and III is the latest one of the era because In San Andreas Catalina goes with Claude and then while they are robbing a bank in the III( beggining, she shoots him and runs away, later to be killed.

Da Perzinga
  • Da Perzinga

Perzinga_AuStRiA1998

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:51 PM Edited by Da Perzinga, 22 April 2012 - 03:55 PM.

No, just no. I don't think that anyone of the old characters make a return. Maybe a few people from IV but not GTA I/II/London 1969/London1961/III/VC/SA/Advance/LCS/VCS. sarcasm.gif

EDIT: I don't unterstand why Catalina is in III light-skinned and in SA dark-skinned? notify.gif PS: No, I'm not a racist. tounge.gif

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Wont happen but it would be an interesting idea to have to go against someone we've played with in the past especially if it comes to the point where we'll have to kill them.

I would love an antagonist like Alonzo from traning day he doesn't exactly have to be an officer he could be a business partner or fellow criminal, the main thing is you question his loyalty through out the game but his twisted charisma keeps you on his side until he eventually betrays you.

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Jemoni2012 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 15:22)
Ok, a Breakdown for pepole:
There are 3 GTA eras: The Original Era (2D era), The III Era (The 3D era) and the IV Era (The HD Era), each of which contain their own GTA games and each of those games contain their own cities.

2D era: GTA I and II
3D era: II, Vice City and San Andreas
HD era: IV and (presumebaly) V.

Henceforth the changes:

In GTA I SA was a city based on San Francisco, and LC and VC had nothing notable.

Skip forth to the 3D era: LC had three islands, each had their own name but it had no notable landmarks, VC had 2 islands, also named, and SA was a state containing 3 cities (Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas) and the countryside and it had some notable landmarks.

Skip forth to the HD era: Starting off with the only thing we really know about: LC. It had a majorly revamped city, had notable landmarks from New York, from which it was based, and it also had three (four?) islands, each with a DIFFERENT name than from III.

Therefore, it is possible, that maybe characters from IV might return, but not from any of the previous places. Hell, GTA V will probably have a revamped LS, revamped countryside and it may not even contain Grove Street, hence some places with info about there being different names to the counties and mountains, also why SF and LV might not return, but the notable landmarks still return.

END RANT

Good post. Sums it up well and helps to clear it up for some people.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (Jemoni2012 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 15:44)
QUOTE (jnzooger @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 15:29)

I can make you a time era of the III era:
1. Vice City
2. San Andreas
3. III

I don't mean how they were released, I mean by what times they were set in. and III is the latest one of the era because In San Andreas Catalina goes with Claude and then while they are robbing a bank in the III( beggining, she shoots him and runs away, later to be killed.

Your point? I don't know why you bring up the timeline at all, it has nothing to do with what I said.

I say story era for the sake of people that say era. I really mean canon when I say that. Everyone and their mother knows that VC was set before SA which in turn was set before III. That makes up most of the III-canon which is part of the 3D-console era. However, the 2D game, GTA Advance is also part of that canon, and that era just because of the story.

IV on the other hand starts both a new canon and is on the start of a new era of consoles. That has nothing to do with the timeframe it is set in.

Irish85God
  • Irish85God

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

i highly doubt it

dont_feed_the_troll
  • dont_feed_the_troll

Dont_feed_the_troll

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

LOL guys LOL lol.gif

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

People just want to take everything away from CJ. To hell with you all CJ worked hard for what he got.

But yeah he was probably the second worse didn't care for Jonny out of L&D that much tbh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users