Quantcast

» «
Photo

What am I doing wrong? Auto-aim doesn't work.

8 replies to this topic
gitmowaterboard
  • gitmowaterboard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

I'm using XBOX 360 and trying to use auto-aim. I've tried pressing the left trigger all the way down but it never locks on anything. I checked the settings and auto-aim is enabled. Supposedly holding the trigger all the way should lock but I still have to use the right stick to aim. As far as I can tell all the left trigger does is bring up the gun with whatever is in the center of the screen as the target. Is auto-aim just for "human" targets or does it also include AI targets? I haven't gotten it to work for either.

HenningM92
  • HenningM92

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Multiplayer or singleplayer?

Sam97
  • Sam97

=AoD=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Dude keep trying to aim like that auto aimers are considered to be the worst players in the game. Keep practising without auto aim and you will find the game much better.

Puto Bendejo
  • Puto Bendejo

motorcycle maniac

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

xxartfullxx has GOOD advice. you waste tons of ammo using autoaim, since it will lock onto targets even tho they are under cover and all you do is shoot at their covering. since I use the PC auto-aim is not available to me, but my information is from videos I've watched with people using it. However, the controls for the xbox and PS3 are not as responsive as using a mouse to aim with, so if you are smart, and just wait for good shots auto-aim CAN be beneficial to you. I have utmost respect for console users who prefer to manually aim rather than use the auto feature. the only console I have is the nintendo wii, but I will always use pc to play my shooter games. (I have 1/2 a left thumb, and have a hard time with the console controllers anyway)

gitmowaterboard
  • gitmowaterboard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Henning92 @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 14:44)
Multiplayer or singleplayer?

Multiplayer in party mode but I am the only player.

gitmowaterboard
  • gitmowaterboard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

The manual says half-hold left trigger is for free aim. But when I do full left trigger I can still do free aim. So I don't see the difference between full left trigger and half-hold left trigger. Is there another button I'm supposed to push to get it to lock in on the target?

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:07 PM Edited by Karjerker, 21 April 2012 - 07:48 PM.

Autoaim is for real pussies. People who use cheats in multiplayer are bad enough, but people who cannot aim at all are beyond a joke! Why do you even bother to play a game at all if you're not willing to learn the art of aiming at your intended target?

Oh, and Mr. Moderator (girish)- you can blow it out your ass. Don't send me nasty notices - its not appreciated. That's it, folks, I'm outta here. I cannot stand stuck-up, self-important little sh*ts and fascists.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Which setting are your gamepad Controls on? There are two settings - Classic and Standard.

In Classic, you aim with the right bumper (if your auto-aim is on, then the reticule will lock onto the nearest target) and fire with the left bumper. As far as I'm aware, there's no free aim mode here, or if there is, it's a real pain.

In Standard, targeting is with the left trigger and shooting is with the right trigger. To go into free-aim, half press the right trigger and then to shoot, press it all the way down.

I have to admit that the combat controls in GTA IV are a real pig and one of the worst things in the game. The control configuration in the PS2 GTA games was a dream. I'm playing this at the moment and having to switch between Classic in car control and Standard on foot controls. Many's the time I've died because I forgot to switch back between them. I trust Rockstar will configure the GTA V controls to be the same as those in Red Dead Redemption. Now that was sheer heaven to play.

gitmowaterboard
  • gitmowaterboard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'll look at the settings again but I've only been playing for a week and the settings should be just whatever the defaults are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users