Quantcast

» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto: Boyz 'n Broker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic
SWOT
  • SWOT

Il faut casser le noyau pour avoir l'amande!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

user posted image

Credits:
Special thanks to akavari112, Money Over Bullsh*t, Claude4Catalina and Narcis_Speed6 without whom this thread would not be what it is. Courtesy also to anyone else who contributed in any way.

Why did I choose to create this concept thread?
As many of you may know, Money Over Bullsh*t already created a thread involving Jermaine Andrews, Code of the Streets. However, no offence to M.O.B , but I do not think he focused effectively enough on the hood side of Jermaine's life. I hope to differentiate from this thread by focusing more on this aspect.

Theme Song:
Boyz 'n Broker Theme Song

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

user posted image

Boyz n' Broker is the third and final DLC for Grand Theft Auto IV that runs concurrently with the original game. You play as Jermaine Andrews, a lifelong resident of South Broker and highly respected member of the M.O.B who has just come out of hiding two years after killing Sonny Honorato. Your safehouse will be located in Mohawk Avenue, Rotterdam Hill (here).

A very influential gang during their teen years, the M.O.B have lost a lot of influence in recent years. They have come under tight LCPD surveillance of late, as their auto dealing activities become under increased scrutiny. On top of this, lenders have started to recall debts, meaning the gang and in particular, their base at 'American Native Engines' have become under increased pressure. These factors, along with the influx of powerful foreign competition have lead many to regard the M.O.B as a dying gang.

As opposed to the nitty gritty biker feel of The Lost and Damned and the over the top extragence of The Ballad of Gay Tony, this game will have a heavy gang influence. At first, the player will mainly partake in missions involving gang matters. However, by repaying dangerous gangsters throughout Liberty City, you will have the opportunity to branch out into more diverse activities, such as the importing and distribution of a highly coveted and valued heroin load,... In all, Jermaine will be willing to take whatever measures necessary in an attempt to prevent his gang's imminent implosion and regain their position at the top of an ever changing Liberty City underworld.

user posted image

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

user posted image

Protagonist

user posted image

Jermaine Andrews

Jermaine is the protagonist and main character of Grand Theft Auto: Boyz 'n Broker. He is
a lifelong resident of South Broker who has just returned to the hood scene, ready to get
back in the game.

Jermaine had a tough upbringing. Abandoned by his parents at young age, heand his half
brother Clarence and were raised on the streets of Broker and were forced to provide for
themselves from a young age. By the age of fourteen, Jermaine and Clarence had taken
up jobs working at 'American Native Engines' on Gibson Street and had started to get
involved in drug dealing. By his late teens, Jermaine had become an established member
of theM.O.B.

It was in 2005 that Jermaine killed Sonny Honorato to whom the M.O.B owed
a lot of money. Heavy pressure was put on from both the LCPD and the Mafia, prompting
Jermaine to go into hiding. After laying low since, Jermaine is now hoping to reestablish
himself once in a changing Liberty City underworld.

Jermaine features in GTA IV during the mission Easy Fare. His default vehicle is a custom
Red Sabre GT which will spawn regularly outside his safehouse.

Major Characters

Clarence Andrews

Clarence plays the part of Jermaine's 35 year old half brother (on his father's side). He is a member of the M.O.B who works on a semi-legitimate base at American Native Engines.Unlike Jermaine, Clarence is a more collected individual and tends to only lose his temper when someone one of his own is involved. He is also car enthusiast and owns a custom Huntley Sport (which will spawn outside his apartment) as well as parking garages on Masterson Street. Clarence plays a major role in the storyline, employing Jermaine early on. The player can call him as the game advances to avail of free vehicles.

DaMarcus Williams

DaMarcus is a member of the M.O.B and an associate of Jermaine and Clarence. He is a generally outrageous character and regularly frequents Maisonette 9 and Bahama Mamas. He appears in The Lost and Damned during Buyer's Market (0.05-0.07). Jermaine can avail of free vehicles through DaMarcus.

Olivia 'Liv' Thomas

Liv plays the part of Jermaine's ex-girlfriend. She is a heroin addict who works as a prostitute and stripper at the Triangle Club to keep up her addiction. Liv regularly gets herself into a lot of trouble with pimps and loan sharks and needs Jermaine to bail her out. She appears in The Lost and Damned during Shifting Weight.

D'Angelo Little

D'Angelo is the pimp for many prostitutes in the game, including Olivia. He comes across as a very obnoxious character over the course of the storyline, considering himself as above Jermaine and his hood. It is hinted that that he may be related somehow to Clarence Little although nothing is confirmed. He appears with Liv in The Lost and Damned during Shifting Weight.

More characters will be introduced as the player comes across them during the storyline.

user posted image

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Reserved

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

user posted image

In addition to the weapons of GTAIV, Jermaine will be able to avail of the following weapons:

Weapon NameDescription
Crowbar

user posted image
The most powerful handheld weapon in the IV era so far, the crowbar is essential for
any gang. It can be used for many activities especially burglaries. Jermaine will acquire
this weapon early on and from then on it will be purchasable from DaMarcus.
Assault Pistol

user posted image
Yet another variant of the standard pistol. This 20 round 9mm shoots constant rounds
at a high rate of fire and is deadly accurate despite the fact that it is not very powerful. It
is perfect for those who want to take out a target quickly but can't afford the price tag of the
SMG.
Silencer

user posted image
Essential for carrying out that perfect crime, the silencer should be part of any good
gunman's arsenal. It can be attached to a pistol by pressing R3 while the player is holding a
pistol. Jermaine will acquire this weapon relatively early on and from then on it will be
purchasable from the gun dealer.
Advanced SMG

user posted image
The advanced SMG is a weapon that goes in the SMG slot but has the power of a shotgun.
Despite it's high cost, this weapon is worth it's price. It will no doubt be favoured by players
and criminals in Liberty City alike.
Assault Shotgun

user posted image
More commonly referred to as the 'Street Sweeper', the Assault Shotgun returns from the
Lost and Damned. his shotgun is fully automatic, firing rounds constantly, and tearing through
anything caught in its crosshairs, whether it be flesh or machine. The Assault Shotgun is based
on the Protecta variant of the Striker as it features a charging handle and an automatic
cartridge ejection system.
USAS 12

user posted image
Yet another rifle in the IV era, the USAS 12 is a very reliable weapon. Despite it's moderately
powerful shot, it has a superb rate of fire and is a very useful addition to any arsenal. The USAS 12 is made available to the player halfway through the story.
Combat Sniper Rifle
user posted image
Aim, lock, bam! head shot!- enemies won't know what hit them. With an advanced shooting
range, this precious piece of firepower is perfect killing that annoying c*nt almost three blocks away. Despite it's high cost, this 12 round magazine weapon is unmatched for it's effectiveness.
Smoke Bomb
user posted image
The smoke bomb is a very effective tool in that it blinds the opponent for a brief period. This can be beneficial as it allows the player to buy some time for themselves and to gain the upper handin a battle. Smoke bombs can be purchased from local dealers and they also spawn in various locationsaround the city.
Parachute

user posted image
The parachute returns from The Ballad of Gay Tony. It is used for safe free falling and can be activated on leaving aircraft. Like The Ballad of Gay Tony, they will spawn around the city or can be purchased.

user posted image

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Reserved

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

user posted image

Clothing

The player will be able to customize Jermaine's clothes using his wardrobe. His jeans will remain consistent throughout all of his outfits.
TOPSSHOESHATS
Binco Jacket
Camo Jacket
Leather Jacket with hood
Cardigan and Tie
Leatherman Jacket
Regular Suit
Pea Coat
Snow Jacket
Varsity Jacket
Hinterland Boots
White/Green Sneakers
Red/White Sneakers
Black Eris Shoes
Red/Black Eris Shoes
Black/Red Cap
Wool Cap

user posted image

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Reserved

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:50 PM Edited by SWOT, 19 April 2012 - 10:07 PM.

user posted image

Radio Content

user posted image

Hosted by Juliette Lewis

user posted image

Hosted by DJ Premier

user posted image

Hosted by Vaughn Harper

user posted image

New Contemporary Station hosted by Jessie J

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Reserved. Post away!

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

First off, you don't need to post for every different section of the concept. Even though there's a limit to how many pictures you can put in a post, this could all be put into three or four posts.

Second, this radio station:

QUOTE (SWOT @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 21:50)

user posted image

New Dance Station hosted by Jessie J[/center][/td]

If it's a dance station, why in the love of Christ did you put hugely discriminating modern pop and rap on it too? Those aren't dance songs, dance songs are the type of music on Electro-Choc.

Third, shouldn't the DLC be set in 2008 like the two other ones?

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:08 PM Edited by SWOT, 19 April 2012 - 10:11 PM.

QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 22:02)
First off, you don't need to post for every different section of the concept. Even though there's a limit to how many pictures you can put in a post, this could all be put into three or four posts.

Second, this radio station:

QUOTE (SWOT @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 21:50)

user posted image

New Dance Station hosted by Jessie J[/center][/td]

If it's a dance station, why in the love of Christ did you put hugely discriminating modern pop and rap on it too? Those aren't dance songs, dance songs are the type of music on Electro-Choc.

Third, shouldn't the DLC be set in 2008 like the two other ones?

First, yes I know I plan on elaborating more though
Second, I've just changed that and how the hell is it discriminating?
Third, it is set in 2008

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

None of this is your own work man. I gave you my blessing to do a concept about Jermaine.. not use my screenshots, logos, radio playlists and half of my weapons. You had my backing on this but blatent copying is pretty much a death sentence for a concept man. Not cool bored.gif

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 23:08)
None of this is your own work man. I gave you my blessing to do a concept about Jermaine.. not use my screenshots, logos, radio playlists and half of my weapons. You had my backing on this but blatent copying is pretty much a death sentence for a concept man. Not cool bored.gif

Ouch. I just saw that and it's basically the exact same thing with anachronistic music (Eminem's "Not Afraid" is from after 2008, so is 90% of the playlist on Rhythm 96.8), and literally the exact same story with a few modifications.

This concept is the equivalent of copying a GTA title, changing a few people's names, taking all the music and switching it with the most recent piles of sh*t music you can find, and slapping a new name on it.

GTAboyWonder
  • GTAboyWonder

Die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Half of the music in Rhythym is from 2011-2012. Characters are from CotS. And you even used screenshots. Why not just update your music for Beat, Classics, Vibe, and IF99? And atleast put music that's from 08-09. And also not too mainstream. confused.gif

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

I'm gonna back out of helping on this, remove my name from the credits as I dont want anything to do witha plagerized piece of work.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

You can come back and create a concept once you've come up with your own material, plagiarism is a big no no.

Locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users