Photo

Gang threads and double-posting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic
Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:43 PM Edited by Vintage88, 19 April 2012 - 06:01 PM.

I suggest adopting a rule where members in gang threads can double post (triple even if warranted) so long as the gang/thread leader is fine with it. Spam and needless bumping should not be tolerated obviously.

If I make a post and my gang sees it, then attempts to relay a new set of information a few hours later is basically futile through the use of the edit button. There is no inclination for members to check the thread again when the last post has already been seen. No notifications through subscriptions either. Additionally a few others members could start a discussion below it before the members who previously saw your post get a chance to see the edit. You could argue much of this holds true for all sections on the site. Unlike other sections of the site though, these threads mainly serve the purpose of being a discussion area for members of the gang as well as other associated users. Having instances where new gang information or discussion may be unseen by certain members is very counter to that.

Considering the above points and the fact that the vast majority of activity within a gang thread comes from members of the gang itself, I think this exception should be made.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

I've seen double posting in the gang section anyway, and most of it is fine. In the case where there's an event on or being planned, a topic that's a few hours old will slip down the list and the information will expire. I won't go so far as to say triple posting is okay, though.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Depends on the content of the double and triple posts.
If it's something worthwhile and interesting, it wouldn't be a problem. If it's just 1 worded posts, spam, some image memes and what not, that really can't be allowed.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

You made this topic cause your gang topic was (temporarily) locked after you tripled posted not to communicate an update, not to communicate new info nor to communicate about a gang event or anything similar.
Your triple post was spam and a failed attempt at being funny by saying "Our club. Our thread. Our rules." in 3 consecutive posts and after another user informed you about the Forum rules.
And you now say that "spam and needless bumping should not be tolerated obviously." What am I missing?
As Craig clearly explained double posting is already tolerated in most situations as long as it doesn't become an habit.
If we'd allow it to be used freely we would have to deal with a lot of double/triple posts and unnecessary bumping.
The rules are just fine like they are atm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users