Photo

PS2 Saved game error

4 replies to this topic
AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi, I started up my PS2 and the game went thru it's normal load pattern and when it tried loading my last save it came up with 'Save game failed! Restarting game from beginning.'
I freaked out cause I had just completed all the missions and just had a few side missions to do. I was at 85% finished! I pulled the mem card out, it looks fine. It is the 8mb and has plenty of space. Reinserted it, turned Ps2 back on, no the game still said failure. So I ended up going back to my mem card and deleting the entire game file off and starting all over again. I got up to Robbing Uncle Sam then saved. I tried loading the game from that save file and it works.
In future is there a way of fixing errors for save files on Ps2? Anyone else have this problem?
Specs - PS2 purchased Nov '09 brand new with 8MB Mem card. GTA SA purchased May 2010

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

I would suggest getting another card and after making a 'great strive' in the game copy the save game as a backup.
This presumes that the game is being saved without glitches, or cheats.
Did you cheat?

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

No I never use cheats. Maybe my mem card is starting to die is that possible? It is not damaged, when I checked the last time, other save files were working except the save file in slot 1. After deleting the SA File entirely from the mem card and then restarting, the save file in slot 1 works. Maybe it was just a glitch? What do you think Mr Weasel?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hopefully it's a one time glitch.
If you repeatedly use only the one slot then you 'might have worn it out' by over use?
Personnaly I never had any problems with the cards.
Use the save slots in rotation if you haven't before.
It's been a long time since I played on PS2 (a couple of years).

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Maybe you are right, well I'm using slot 1 and no problems so far.
Tonight I completed -
BMX Challenge
Pimping missions
Burning Desire
Gray Imports
Management Issues
then I regained my health and armor and saved at Johnson House, then game saved successfully. So the issue looks like it is solved. If this problem happens to anyone else, you must turn off ps2, remove the cd, then restart ps2, go to your mem card and delete the SA save file to completely wipe everything then reinsert the cd and you are good to go. Thanks Mr Weasel for your help man

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users