Photo

Start Off...

64 replies to this topic
Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:02 AM Edited by Dr. John13, 19 April 2012 - 10:01 AM.

I am going to be true here. I completed GTA SA 100% for V1 and not V2. Just because I wanted to play the game with mods. Now as GTA SA Chain Game is encouraging me to play again, I think I will play again in V2 without mods, cheats, etc. Just some questions:

1) What are the best weapons which we can get at start?
2) I want to increase CJ's fat which has decreased due to too much of cycling.
3) What all side missions should be done first?
4) Which is the best safe house which I can buy for 10,000$?
5) How to get more luck for betting shop?
6) What all things can be done in LS at start without going for 4 star battle?
7) How can I evade gang members and cops easily? (I don't want that tear gas method)
8) How go around the city faster? Like, I am in Red County and I want to go back to my safe house.
9) After which mission things like side-missions will become easier?
10) Thanks

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Alright, first off all, this would have better fitted in the Mission Help forum. Anyway:
1. At the start you've got a bunch of unlocked weapons. The best ones are though, in my opinion, the AK-47, M4, Sawn-Off Shotgun, MP5 (SMG) & Sniper Rifle. I've taken a picture of a map, which shows you all the available weapons, and those huge red arrows show you the most powerful ones.

user posted image

2. You could go to one of the Well Stacked Pizza Co restaurants. Carl has got a limit in eating. If he eats more than 11 meals, he'll puke and automatically he'll lost everything. If you want to push the limit, and feed him with 11 meals, I think you'd better count them. The fastest way to become fat, is when you go to Well Stacked Pizza Co, press left twice until you'll see a "Full Rack" - probably the biggest available meal. It costs 10$ so 11 of those would be 110$. As I said, Carl will become extremely fat, about a half if he's complete skinny.

3. The side missions are a lot, but considering that you only want the ones that you can do at the very beginning, those would be: Paramedic (Go to Montgomery, it's a little easier), Vigilante (you'll need a bunch of weapons, armor, full health and a ton of luck - doing it by Police Bike & Drive-By), Taxi (boring as hell), Pimping & Firefighter. Those are the cars missions. Then you have the Roboi's Food Mart (here), the BMX Challenge (you'd better get maxim skill if you wanna have no problems), 100 Tags (SAMA), available Los Santos Oysters (SAMA), Los Santos GYM moves, 8-Track event & buying safe houses. This would be everything. Sure, if you wanna risk and challenge yourself to do some 4-star stuff, you can collect all snapshots, horseshoes, so Las Venturas & San Fierro GYM moves, all the other events, NRG Challenge, and whatnot.

4. There are 4 safe houses available for 10,000$ and those are: Willowfield, Verdant Bluffs, Jerfferson & Verona Beach (not the one near the sand).

5. You really can't. It's all up to you. Still, there's a trick I know: save before going to the betting shop, and if you lose, simply load the save file before going to the betting shop, and try again.

6. Everything I listed at number 3, excepting the Vigilante. The cops will automatically try to chase you down, although you indirectly work for them, for blowing vehicles, killing people, etc. It's risky.

7. I really don't understand what you're trying to ask.

8. Well, even if you don't buy any safe houses until you get there, you'll have to go to the closer one. And that's Verdant Meadows. There's no other way to get faster than by car. That, until you'll cheat for a Jet.

9. Side missions will never become harder or easier. There are some missions that helps you to do them easier, yet they're just as hard / easy as always. Some of the would be: Vigilante after passing Flying School (far easier to do Vigilante using the Hunter), Horseshoes after Black Project (using the Jet-Pack), NRG-500 Challenge after Bike School (maxing the Bike Skill).

10. You're welcome. icon14.gif

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:59 AM Edited by Dr. John13, 19 April 2012 - 10:02 AM.

Wow, miro. Thanks man. cookie.gif

QUOTE (miromiro)

I was spraying tags in East Los Santos and some Ballas were walking. As soon as the saw, they started to shoot. I tried to escape from them but some more ballas shown up and they were in groups and you know what will happen. suicidal.gif To be simple, how to evade them?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Well, a fast way to do the Tags is to get on a bike. I'd recommend you the best bike in the game - NRG-500. You can steal one from a parking lot (image here) and there you'll see a parked NRG-500 at the second floor (picture here). When you get close to a Tag and some Ballas are around, simply park the bike near the tag, get off it, spary the tag, and go back on the bike and move on. Otherwise, you could spary in the face the Ballas and that will keep them away from you for about 5 seconds. So yeah, run. tounge.gif

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

IMO El Corona is the best $10k safehouse as it has a wide garage

just saying, not trying to butt in but telling TS what's better
also correct me if im saying wrong info

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

My Advice is:
• You want the M4 assault Rifle, Desert Eagle Pistol, Molotov Cocktails, and the Tec-9/mini-SMG, Sniper-Rifle for starters. Later add the HEAT Missle Launcher when you get to San Fiero.
• Then you can to build up skill using the Garage leveling Trick.
• When you get on the kids bicycle you go directly to the Fire Truck and do the Firefighting missions to get CJ Fireproof.
• With the money earned you buy Safe House(s). and Save the Game.
• Next you do the Burglary missions to get CJ ‘infinite (super) Sprint’.
• Buy more safe houses with the money.
• With the infinite sprint you collect the two Spray Cans and do the Gang Tags.
• Now you have a weapons cache in CJ’s Kitchen, and have increased your Health Bar by RUNNING around Los Santos.

You’re now ready to continue the Game.
Collect FREE Weapons, and Body Armour, as you need them.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 20:11)
• Then you can to build up skill using the Garage leveling Trick.

Can you explain more about this trick?

I first go to Robino's Market and start doing all the four runs. Afterwards, I buy a safehouse in Jefferson (It is near the betting shop). And I sell all my cash on the top - most horse. If I lose, I reload the game. Afterwards, getting too many dollars, I buy a safehouse in Mulholland. It is close to many pickups like Shotgun, Rifle, Sniper Rifle, etc. I do some ammo run and save some special vehicles in the garage. Some more questions:

11) Where I can find the Sea Sparrow?
12) Where I can find Drug Dealers? Is there any specific time that they show up more? Like night?
13) Where I can improve my Weapon's Ability? I did that Tank Trick in GTA VC for 100% accuray, there should also be BP vehicles too.
14) In your opinion, from which mission we should start doing side-missions and all?
15) Sorry for acting to n00bish. I want to be frank.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

11. You can't find any Sea Sparrow at the very beginning of the game. Quoting Wikipedia:

QUOTE (GTAWiki)
  • At the southeast end of Sherman Dam, opposite the dam's quay.
  • North of Verdant Meadows, beside a shack and a dock
  • On the helipad in Bayside Marina (occasionally).

12. Look to the north of Ganton over that bridge into the other territory owned by the Ballas at first. Look for the white hooded men who offer you drugs. Just put a bullet in their head. There are black drug dealers to the south west of the map, all wearing black and some bling bling. Can get up to 2,000$ a time with the dealers.

13. The only way (I know of) is after completing the mission Doberman. After that, the Gang Wars will be unlocked and you'll be able to shoot the Ballas / Vagos with all kind of weapons. This way, your weapons' skill will improve + that you're getting ready for the final mission, when you return to Los Santos.

14. Side missions should be done however you like. Sure, it's good to have them done at the very beginning, but it's also pretty difficulty. My advices for specific side missions would be: do the Paramedic when you unlock Angel Pine, do the Vigilante after you do the Learning To Fly mission, do the NRG-500 Challenge after you've passed the Bike School, collect the horseshoes after you've acquired the jet-pack after completing the Black Project mission & the BMX Challenge after you've practiced a little with the bike and also completed the Chiliad Challenge.

My personal advice, you can always do how you like. I often do 1 side mission after each storyline mission. Like, winning a Tournament Race after doing the Freefall mission and stuff alike. Good luck. icon14.gif

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 20:59)
13. The only way (I know of) is after completing the mission Doberman. After that, the Gang Wars will be unlocked and you'll be able to shoot the Ballas / Vagos with all kind of weapons. This way, your weapons' skill will improve + that you're getting ready for the final mission, when you return to Los Santos.

Will our weapon skill will improve if we shot at a blown vehicle? It will be real useful for missions with hard shootouts.

Thanks again.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Yeah that works too but I find that personally boring.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

You can increase weapon skill by just parking the car in your garage and keep shooting at a tyre on the car. Just keep on firing. You will see the bar increase. If you run out of ammo just go to your usual place where you find that same weapon. Or mix it up a little. I personally prefer the SMG or MP5 as it is great accuracy and excellent long range. I just prefer keeping my weapons to a minimum so selecting a weapon is quick n easy. Molotovs are fun for gang territory takedowns. When they come in groups just launch a molotov at them and you can get about 4 baddies with one hit. You can get pretty aggressive with it, just wait till they are in range then throw. They might shoot you a couple of times but as long as you keep throwing they will get beaten and you get free health and armor pickups at the end of gang wars

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:08 PM Edited by Dr. John13, 21 April 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Ok, I made some major improvement without going to CJ's house: 6.42% I didn't do anything leaving LS and RC. I found out that half of the Jumps are in LS and RC and those don't contribute to 100%. tounge.gif

So, What all things are in LS which can be done at start? There should be a list.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

I remember something related to elite. LEET or something, which would be written in letters 13.37. That's the 13.37% that you can get at the very start of the game without starting any storyline mission. Collecting things will gain you percentage, also buying safe houses. Take a look at this topic, it MUST help you. cool.gif

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

I think I will go for 4 star battle...

16) I need to improve my Driving Skills too so that I can compete in 8-Tracks. I tried to think about Taxi but Taxi Missions are so boring that I feel like sitting in the class and listen to History lessons. bored.gif My Cycle skill are at max and bike close to max. I guess, I will max it out too before completing NRG-500 Challange.

17) Which vehicle is better to grab on? Boat? (Jetmax), Plane? (Jet; Don't remember the name) or Heli (Sea Sparrow has a machine gun too) for going to LV and SF?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Taxi, Pimping, ParaMedic, and Firefighting all EARN MONEY, even if you fail, as well as improving Driving Skills.

I don't understand what you mean by "grab-on"?
If you mean to violate the 4star airspace, then the Shamel (Jet). Fly in circles for 12 minutes (NOT violating the airspace rule) and get an Airport Gate Pass. Fly it until you have 50% skill level and you will get an automatic parachute when you enter aircraft. Although with good health and body armour you can fly low and just step out 'safetly'.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

16. To improve the Driving Skill, you could go around the city and collect tags. Or, doing the Paramedic, Firefighter or Pimping should also get your driving skill improved high enough to be able to do the 8-Track event.

17. You're taking a risk at all of those. Using the boat will be hard when you'll get on the land and over 10 cops are waiting for you and will start shooting. Any kind of helicopter will be taken down by the Hydra since it flies very slow. The Hydra is not available until you complete the Vertical Bird mission. Any other plane could be acceptable, as long as it's not very slow. I'm not sure, but I think that the Jet is unlocked from the beginning of the game, and available in the Los Santos Airport. It'll require you Pilots' License, so simply get a car next to the guards "cage" and climb on it. Once you're on the other side of the mobile door, it'll open by itself and will stay open for long enough to get it with your car.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

@lil: Oh, so I my guess was true that I couldn't get the parachute when I jumped from the plane. Acc. to that 4 star topic (Pinned), it said to go to Emerald Isle Car park. When I went there, I lost half of my health just because I jumped from that plane. And the worst thing was that, I couldn't get a car in that car park. suicidal.gif I am thinking of doing SF first.

@miro: I tried to go to to Emerald Isle (Above). My plane's left wing caught fire and so I needed to land from height or else I would have crashed. It didn't go well too, Hydras destroyed that too and I was half of health (Even after completing Paramedics). And thinking of Unique Stunts would be the last of my worries. suicidal.gif As compared to GTA 4's 6 star battle, this looks pretty tough. confused.gif

Anyhoo, thanks for all those advice, I will try to do some progress. If I get some questions, I will post it here. smile.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

An important thing to do is meet Katie (Nurse) as your first task when entering the 4Star zones. Having met Katie (Wasted)you will not lose your weapons collection when you die. Meeting Barbara would be next, but how often does your CJ het 'Busted'? I haven't bothered with Barb in years.

Lots of Muscle and a good car just before you face Katie should get her.
Of course all the Oysters means it doesn't matter how CJ looks when meeting GFs.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:54 PM Edited by lil weasel, 22 April 2012 - 04:29 PM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 20:35)
An important thing to do is meet Katie (Nurse) as your first task when entering the 4Star zones. Having met Katie (Wasted)you will not lose your weapons collection when you die. Meeting Barbara would be next, but how often does your CJ het 'Busted'? I haven't bothered with Barb in years.

Lots of Muscle and a good car just before you face Katie should get her.
Of course all the Oysters means it doesn't matter how CJ looks when meeting GFs.

Frist, I won't get wasted or busted for this save and I hate dating, I just date Millie for the keycard. I keep those GFs as they are. I know they will be useful but only that time when I will get busted or wasted. On the other hand, the other four have some useful ability like cars, guns, paynspray, etc. which I should take. Just an heads up that I won't be needing any girlfriends as they are not required for 100% (leaving Millie and Densie). But yeah, Oysters are required for 100% per. sarcasm.gif

I just went to NRG-500 Challange in SF. I was doing pretty well when A police cock popped my front tire. I said, WTF? I just had to take 2 checkpoints within 1:33 sec. What could I do? I needed to restart. How do I survive it?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

The NRG-500 Challenge is very hard to do, even without a 4-star wanted level. The only thing you can do is to keep on doing other stuff with the bike until you'll get to improve your Bike Skill. Have very less bike skill will lead to the thing that you'll fall off the bike damn easy.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

About NRG-500, you MUST use the lean forward trick, by tapping the lean forward button, to accelerate much faster, than normal. This way you will get all coronas easier.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Here is a list of all available side missions/jobs you can do before 'Big Smoke' not necessarily do them in this order...

Roboi Courier ($2,000 per day)
100 Grove4Life tags (weapons appear in Johnson house)
21 oysters around the LS waterways
(good for increase lung capacity)
BMX CHALLENGE ($1,000 Reward)
8 Track Stadium Challenge ($10,000 and a racing car and monster truck spawn outside stadium)
Beach gym is open so build those guns if you want
Pimping missions (about $9,000 and then they pay you for service instead)
Taxi missions (all 50, hmm i know. Drink lots of Sprunk before doing it)
Ambulance mission (hard to complete but is possible)
Fire Truck missions (CJ becomes fireproof)
Vigilante (hard as hell, a police bike is your best option and loads of SMG ammo and armor)

That's about all I can think of but these would be a great start before doing the 1st mission. Just remember to get past the mission so you can save!

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 16:03)

Roboi Courier ($2,000 per day)
100 Grove4Life tags (weapons appear in Johnson house)
21 oysters around the LS waterways
(good for increase lung capacity)
BMX CHALLENGE ($1,000 Reward)
8 Track Stadium Challenge ($10,000 and a racing car and monster truck spawn outside stadium)
Beach gym is open so build those guns if you want
Pimping missions (about $9,000 and then they pay you for service instead)
Taxi missions (all 50, hmm i know. Drink lots of Sprunk before doing it)
Ambulance mission (hard to complete but is possible)
Fire Truck missions (CJ becomes fireproof)
Vigilante (hard as hell, a police bike is your best option and loads of SMG ammo and armor)

Thanks for that checklist. Only some are done. But, in the beach gym, there is no Move Tutor. So, I will wait till that time.

@miro and MrMate: I completed NRG-500. It was easy as hell this time. I just needed to speed up and jump from the corner but now Chiland races are bugging me. Everytime I reach to that Intersection,(There were two roads in the mission Badlands, One was higher which was closed and one was lower) I fall down to the road and that time my position changes to 5th. Even if I try to speed up,(which I shouldn't) I come 3rd. dozingoff.gif

I always press the down button when I overspeed but it gives a stoppie and it takes time as hell to return back on wheels. What should I do?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

In Chiliad Challenge the key is to use the Space for braking. Never try to use the normal breaking when you go down a hill, because you'll spin out of control. The Chiliad Challenge is pretty hard with not so much Cycling Skill and with 4 star wanted level. It's about luck...

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

OK, the first two challanges went out. The Cobra run is too tricky. I can't cycle on that path. I thought 2 fellows would be easy to beat. Man, those Computer Players... Can I still collect the checkpoints by doing bunny hop?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

The Cobra Run is not really hard, as long as you don't hurry on the narrow part. Don't accelerate by tapping the forward button because you'll fall off. The only part where you should hurry is after you do that U turn that lead you to the path that goes straight to the finish. Take care though, because there's a curve at some point which is tricky. You must slow down there or you'll fall off on the road and most probably the other will over-pass you while you're waiting to be repositioned.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 04:59)
Wow, miro. Thanks man. cookie.gif

QUOTE (miromiro)

I was spraying tags in East Los Santos and some Ballas were walking. As soon as the saw, they started to shoot. I tried to escape from them but some more ballas shown up and they were in groups and you know what will happen. suicidal.gif To be simple, how to evade them?

A little tip for dealing with the cops is: If you only have one star, just do not have any weapons visible(except for the Melee Weapons), and the cops will not shoot at you...One star levels will disappear by them selves as long as you don't commit any crimes for a certain amount of time..

Also, Police Brides(scattered throughout the map) are another way to lose a wanted level. The PnS(Pay-N-Spray) loses the wanted level automatically(although, the stars will flash for about 30 seconds, and if any crimes are committed in that time, the full level is re-instated)..

Also, in this game, the stars will disappear by them selves sometimes-as there were several times when I went into 4-star territory, and when I came back to LA, the wanted stars automatically dropped to 3 from 4...Also, there were times when I had 2 stars and then drove out to the country side and the level automatically dropped to 1, which eventually faded due to not committing more crimes..

The 100 tags will get free weapons spawns in the Johnson house in Grove St. in Compton, the 50 Photo Ops will get free weapon spawns at the garage in Mission, SF; the 50 Horseshoes will get free weapons at the Imperial Palace Casino in LV AND Increase the gambling limit..the 50 Oysters will remove the restrictions with getting the GF's...ALL Free Weapon pick-ups are accessible from the beginning, except for the minigun on the train bridge in SF...?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

I see the quoted bit mentions only the Ballas, not the cops.

However, another way to lose Wanted stars is to change/buy clothing. a shirt or Pants change will drop the stars. That's why it is important to buy Safe Houses.

Avoid having CJ shoot during missions (like Drive-Thru) and you can avoid the complication of Police Involvement. apparently it's ok for others to shoot but not CJ. icon14.gif

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 17:57)
Avoid having CJ shoot during missions (like Drive-Thru) and you can avoid the complication of Police Involvement. apparently it's ok for others to shoot but not CJ. icon14.gif

That is true, I shot at them in Drive by and I got 2 stars

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

http://i.imgur.com/p2pbb.jpg

I can't find those two tags. According to SAMA, there should be two around. Anyone can tell me where it is?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users