» «
Photo

GTA V - questionnaire and survey

14 replies to this topic
Mighty Mickey
  • Mighty Mickey

!!Cricket maniac!!

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:06 PM Edited by Mighty Mickey, 18 April 2012 - 04:29 PM.

Welcome to GTA V - questionnaire and survey topic. Just one condition, you will have to answer in this format only. So here we go:

PAST

1. When did you first get to know that GTA V was under development (of course, everyone must have thought about it, but I mean something like news)?

2. How did you get to know that the first trailer was released?

PRESENT

3. A few words on the things that excited you very much from the trailer.

4. Mention the things that let you down in the debut trailer, if any.

5. Did the lack of information made you go mad or were you just bold enough to say "Hang on, the longer it takes, the better it gets"? (Please, be honest)

6. What do you have to say about the present condition of this forum?

7. Best topic you have seen on this forum so far?

FUTURE

8. Do you believe GTA V will gain even more popularity than GTA SA?

9. Do you think both the console and PC versions of the game will be released together?

10. Do you think the number 2504 has any significance?

11. Mention your thoughts on when you think R* will release the first screenshots and more importantly the release date.

IMAGINE

Imagine that R* has announced the release date and you are just a few weeks away from it. And suddenly, they come up with a press release “we are very sorry to inform that due to some technical problems, the release have been delayed by 2 months”. How would you feel?

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

1. 2009
2. I saw it on twitter

3. Atmosphere and outside gym
4. Only thing that bothers me is that they didn't clear out who is the protagonist.
5. Hang on, the longer it takes, the better it gets
6. Too much unnecessary topics
7. The one about steak

8. Yes
9. Hope so, i don't play on consoles
10. No
11. Dunno about screens but i think the'll release it in August

I would be angry at first, but its better that they delay it than we get unfinished game filled with glitches.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:18 PM Edited by stee_vo, 18 April 2012 - 04:21 PM.

PAST

1. I don't rememer exactly. I saw my GTA IV case infront of my tv and was like, Oh sh*t! I need to see if there is any info on GTA V! There wasn't so i waited and waited, and then the trailer came smile.gif

2. Oh, i don't really remember. I remember seeing the countdown and playing It's the final countdown by Europe when it was like 4 mins left. Don't rememer how i found the countdown though. Maybe Machinima's facebook.

PRESENT

3. The trailer itself. I was just amazed that there even was a trailer! Maybe the fact that it was in Los Santos made me very excited smile.gif I loved SA.

4. Nothing, i loved it.

5. Yeah well, ofcourse i was a bit sad in the beginning because there wasn't so much information, but then it only made me more hyped smile.gif

6. We need more info. The forums is slowly going crazy. No good topics anymore...

7. Hmm... The Screenshot fun(by Grope_4_that_date) thread was awesome. Can't think of anything right now. I wasn't so active in here. I joined and then left. I came back like 2 months ago i think.

FUTURE

8. I don't know what to think. I think this will be more popular. It will be hard to beat SA in gameplay though. GTA SA 4 life.

9. Yes. No doubt.

10. I have no idea. A part of me wants it to be the second trailer's release date(25th of April), the other part wants it to be nonsense... Sorta tounge.gif

11. A few weeks after the MP3 release. Maybe months after, i have NO idea.

IMAGINE

12. XD I would be pissed as hell. I would prbably go post some sort of hate thread here.. It will only make the game better though.

Sorry for any misspellings.

vijay.genius1
  • vijay.genius1

GTA FTW

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

1.IN June or July of 2011 when rumors said that the game was well under developement and also said that it was the 'big one'
2.On Oct 26th.After a long time I googled for some GTA V info and boom.I saw that GTA V was announced with a countdown
3.The game itself.I know that gta v will be better than gta iv and thats a great achievement in itself !!But to be specific-the mountains,the countryside and the fact that it will be the biggestgta game world
4.nothing
5.Yes.I am mad!
6.the forum is scrapping the bottom of the barrel.But anything related to gta v excites me
7.GTA V Trailer analysis.
8.Yes
9.Nope
10.Nope
11.Rationally thinking,info about the game will come out after the release of MP3.But I really hope we get something this month
12.I can sort of expect that thing.Its common with a lot of R* games.Will have to take the release date with a little grain of salt

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

PAST

1. When did you first get to know that GTA V was under development (of course, everyone must have thought about it, but I mean something like news)? As soon as there was news

I knew from day one when it was announced through the forums.

PRESENT

The graphics, the return of money as a theme, the realistic movements of pedestrians. Sunny weather. The mountain range.
Lack of revealed multiple cities.

It's the same as it ever was, really.

Possibly Mapping Los Santos or ones with serious discussion and healthy sized posts.
FUTURE

I don't think so. I think GTA peaked around that time. Open-world gaming like GTA was still relatively new and not as explored a genre as say FPS's. SA seemed to have crowned the genre to be the king. Yes, better open-world games in the vein of GTA will come out but they'll never be as fresh as III-era GTA's were for the time. V will be popular but I remember EVERYONE owning a copy of GTA. It was the talk of everyone when it came out.

9. Do you think both the console and PC versions of the game will be released together?
f*cked if I know

It's a bunch of bollox but it's nice for the kids to have some mystery and something to hang on to. That's what GTA was about. More than just a game.

11. Mention your thoughts on when you think R* will release the first screenshots and more importantly the release date.
I believe Rockstar will mention GTA V some time around the start of July. It's what the seniors in school will be talking about during their summer holidays. It will only be a few screens though as Max Payne will still be hot.
IMAGINE

Imagine that R* has announced the release date and you are just a few weeks away from it. And suddenly, they come up with a press release “we are very sorry to inform that due to some technical problems, the release have been delayed by 2 months”. How would you feel?
Silly question. Obviously let down that I have to wait more.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

PAST

1. When did you first get to know that GTA V was under development (of course, everyone must have thought about it, but I mean something like news)?

It was the announcement of the trailer. I'm pretty sure I read something before that that said something about GTA being in full development.

Through Facebook. I was chilling out on my sofa and then as soon as I read that the trailer was coming I shot up and got far too excited.

PRESENT

The jet. Just that simple feature has got me looking forward to the game. There are others things too but that's the stand-out one.

Nothing really. The lack of a release date, even an estimation, was disappointing but I understand why it wasn't there.

5. Did the lack of information made you go mad or were you just bold enough to say "Hang on, the longer it takes, the better it gets"? (Please, be honest)

It has pissed me off but recently I've started thinking "f*ck it! We'll get information when Rockstar decide it's time". I'm happy with that.

The V section is a mess but the pinned topics are good. The "Mapping Los Santos" one needs to be pinned in my opinion. Also, I hate Brooky_B for his trolling in the music section and the fact that he's not banned saddens me. Nevertheless, I love the forums. There are some really cool people with great points to make, strong opinions and for all the sh*t they take, the Mods are alright too.

In the V section specifically? The Mapping Los Santos topic. The work some of the guys have done in there has been seriously impressive. I really hope they get it bang on so that their work isn't wasted. As for the rest of the forum, Studio-Q13 is a brilliant place to be for some great music. Look out for the tracks posted by ThePinkFloydSound, that dude has great taste and posts some real talent. There are a few others that don't come to mind at the moment.

FUTURE

Good question! I'm not sure, to be honest. I think SA has become a sort of GTA staple from which a lot of people will compare future titles to. I hope V lives up to the hype and wipes the floor with SA, not because I hate it but because I love it. If I love SA and V is better, then it's win-win for everyone.

Not sure. I don't really know enough about that to form an opinion, I'm afraid.

I'd like to think so, purely because it's a bit of fun. If it turns out to be nothing but coincidence, I won't be sad. If it turns out to be true, I'll be rather chuffed.

I've not really thought about it but if I was to guess, I'd say around mid-May to early June. I'm not basing that one anything, just a guess.

IMAGINE

As long as they had legitimate reasons to do so, I'd be cool about it. I'd rather it be perfectly polished than some half-baked attempt at a game, just like everyone else I imagine.

Good topic, man. Some pretty damn good questions asked here icon14.gif

allhailkingryan
  • allhailkingryan

Bellic Enterprises

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Welcome to GTA V - questionnaire and survey topic. Just one condition, you will have to answer in this format only. So here we go:

PAST

1. In november, within minutes of the logo appearing on R*'s website

2. Multiple topics on GameFAQs and on here about it

PRESENT

3. The planes

4. No way to analyse an accurate scale for the map

5. I was frustrated with the lack of info and I knew that it was in development, so the trailer and announcement pulled an already loose screw out of the plank

6. Not very good at the moment due to old news and ridiculous ideas, but I'm sure it will get better when the big pile of newer users get used to rules and the community and they settle in. (When I first came here I made the same topic twice even though it got locked the first time for a clear reason *deskpalm*)

7. The fanart topic, or the Thames City concept thread back in the day when concept threads were allowed on this subforum

FUTURE

8. I think it would be about the same in terms of players and fans, possibly more

9. Don't have a clue. I hope so for the PC gamers out there

10. No. It's purely a reference to Houser's birthdate.

11. From the Max Payne release up until E3

IMAGINE

I'd be a bit dissappointed, but it wouldn't be a surprise

-Vox-
  • -Vox-

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

PAST

1. First time has in 2009.

2. Announcement.

PRESENT

3. Everything.

4. Short.

5. I get a bit mad,because they said info in a '"few" months,but nothing.

6. Full of tards,and useless topics.

7. None

FUTURE

8. Yes

9. Dunno

10. Yes,maybe some new info/trailer will come out ?

11. Maybe on 2504,or after Max Payne 3 Releases

IMAGINE

I would be VERY pissed.

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

PAST

1. When did you first get to know that GTA V was under development (of course, everyone must have thought about it, but I mean something like news)? - Don't remember the exact date but I think that I saw article about it in 2009-2010

2. How did you get to know that the first trailer was released? - Newswire or Facebook.. cannot remember.

PRESENT

3. A few words on the things that excited you very much from the trailer. - VINEWOOD! That was the first thing that blew my mind, I just love LA! The second thing was planes.

4. Mention the things that let you down in the debut trailer, if any. - Well.. not really anything, only that I still don't know who's the protagonist.

5. Did the lack of information made you go mad or were you just bold enough to say "Hang on, the longer it takes, the better it gets"? (Please, be honest) - This one's though - not really none of those, more like I was upset about it, I wasn't angry or "Hang on, the longer it takes, the better it gets" - mindset, but nowadays when I think it's more the second option even though I check Newswire every 15 minutes lol.(I actually do!)

6. What do you have to say about the present condition of this forum? - Nothing, just facepalm..

7. Best topic you have seen on this forum so far? - Steak.

FUTURE

8. Do you believe GTA V will gain even more popularity than GTA SA? - No comment, absolutely no idea.

9. Do you think both the console and PC versions of the game will be released together? - No, I got a feeling that console is first, even though I hope that PC is at the same time cuz I'm a PC player.

10. Do you think the number 2504 has any significance? - Not really.

11. Mention your thoughts on when you think R* will release the first screenshots and more importantly the release date. - f*ckING FINALLY!

IMAGINE

I would feel sh*t, but not that much since I still got IV in clear memory.

-Frisker

hockeysauce
  • hockeysauce

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

PAST

Can't remember, but I think I first "officially" knew when the trailer was released. I knew, in my mind though, and they were working on it and it was probably San Andreas (I figured they'd learned so much about outdoor environments making RDR, it would be a waste to not use that knowledge in the next GTA).

This site. Check it often.

PRESENT

Everything. I have complete faith in R*.

Just the lack of a release date, or at least a time-frame (Coming Late 2012, or something)

Mad? No. Does it make me feel like a four year old and I cannot stop thinking about this game? Yes.

Awful, but not surprising. So much immaturity, but I'm slowly learning who the mature, level headed posters seem to be.

The Fun With GTA V Screenshots.... classic.

FUTURE

No. I think it will be a better game, but I do not think it will be as popular. I feel San Andreas benefited from the novelty of GTA when it was at it's height, and that novelty has somewhat worn off.

No idea... I haven't been a PC gamer in years, and do not remember when the PC versions of previous GTA's came out.

No.

I think the second trailer will include a release date, or at least targeted release month. After Max Payne 3 I think we'll start seeing much more marketing for the game.

IMAGINE

I would have to call work, tell them the "vacation" I'm going on got "inexplicably delayed" for two months, and then pop in another GTA game and kill the time.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

PAST

ChampChongs videos

By finding out about its announcement

PRESENT

Updated graphics, new characters and landscape to navigate =]

I dont know if Im gonna be happy with "Ned Luke" being the protag. I am hoping he is just a partner. Hope it is the red convertible guy.

Yes and No. 3 months after the trailer I was like "Any Minute now..." Here we are 6 months later and its killing me. I basically had to wait the whole school year to see trailer 2 even though I bet its no where to be released=[

Copious amounts of spam, morons asking about Betas (this aint COD!!!), and general retardation... Kids should be in the GTA V FOR KIDS section. We should make one.

I would like to say the Realistic Steak thread, but thats pretty silly =p. I like the GTA V Police Cars thread. Intelligent (for the most part) post.

FUTURE

Of course. A lot of xbox 360s have been bought to play GTA IV. More will be bought and be way up to par with gamers.

Ha, not a chance. I wish it did for the sole fact to see Mod Development up close.

Trailer 2? Hope so,but other than that, it probably is a complex address simulator inside the RAGE engine.

2 weeks after MP3. Why? Well that means MP3 will have time to be played, and r* will be more comfortable with releasing the info.

IMAGINE

I will be really frustrated nonetheless, but 2 months is nothing compared to waiting for another damn trailer like now...

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

1- It was dec 2008.. when gary.. a friend of mine who works at rockstar posted me a hashtag ''#GTAV''
2- actually... I knew that the trailer would be released on 11/02 after the mod's of this forum did a poll with ''1102''.
3- The trailer got me excited a lot, after the press release...
4-nothing let's me down.. just the waiting
5- actually no, I know what and how rockstar develops their games... they want to make the game perfect... no delays, no bugs, perfect storytelling... and a better GTA for you! and for us.
6- the forum is fine... after find the blue... everything is right here... 5 days till 23 april… let's see if they were talking the truth...
7- the analysis trailer thread, and the Los Santos map thread.
8- of course, yes!
9- no... to port GTA V to pc's we need Leeds to do it... and this belongs a bit more than consoles...
10- yeah, it's the birthday of Sam Houser...
11- after max payne 3 release... or some days before... like 23 april…
12- I would wait for the 2 months ? (you know that the reason why the release date is not informed because of this..)

StellarFish20
  • StellarFish20

Pow.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

1) Probably 2009, think one of the housers said it was in development?
2) Either Rockstar (Via Twitter) or this forum, can't remember

3) Everything. Setting, vehicles...
4) Nothing let me down
5) The lack of info is slowly getting to me, but then I realise it's GTA... It's gotta take a while to produce what I hope will be the stand out game of the year.
6) Too much spam, too many "OH EM GEE - GTA V BETA", too many idiots slating other people for wanting to break things down even further, even if it seems as if we've done it all.
7) Trailer Analysis Thread or Mapping Los Santos or Vehicle Database
8) 80% Yes!
9) Console first, PC 4-6 months later
10) I want it to mean something
11) 24/05. wink.gif

IMAGINE
I'd be fine with that because it's GTA... wink.gif

Bullit1990
  • Bullit1990

A bit paranoid.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

PAST

-When someone of these forums found the GTA V tags on the Rockstar website.

-I heard it from someone a day after the trailer announcement.

PRESENT

-The city, the graphics, the weather.... I don't know, everything I guess.

-Nothing really.. Maybe that there are to many "possible" protagonists.

-Showing a screenshot or 2 won't make the game crappy. I'm fine with a 2013release but this silence is annoying as hell. A bit of both I guess.

-It's a mess. Luckily there still are members who do post good things instead of the same "leak" over and over again...

-Can't remember the name exactly anymore but it was something like: Will there be Belgian people in Gta V? That topic was hilarious.

FUTURE

-Yes I do think so. I have a feeling that this is gonna be the best Grand Theft Auto game Rockstar has ever created.

-I'm guessing the same way as it is with Max Payne 3, consoles come first, with the PC release a short while after.

-Haha no I don't. Just a little riddle to keep the members entertained. But I cant help feeling it kinda went too far.

-I'm thinking after Max Payne 3 is released.

IMAGINE

-Kinda disappointed, but can't say that I would be surprised. 2 months ain't even that bad.

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:40 AM Edited by the nameless, 19 April 2012 - 01:47 AM.

1, Cant remember

2, From here

3, Mountain range, Dessert/windfarm scenery, the apartments/hotel at 1.07min from the original reuniting the families, Hydra, new sports car. Oh, and Ogdens Nut Gone Flake.

4, The only thing I dont like about the trailer is the volume increase in the music when he say "...but, you know how it is"

5, Neither

6, WAY too much "proof or it didnt happen", quoting a reply and writing "This", which leads to quoting "This" and writing "That" etc, replies. Trigger happy locking, and the amount of nasty, hateful vitriolic comments/people is insane. Someone will post something they think is noteworthy, and will be told along the lones of "old new fa**ot, use the search dumb f*ck" etc.

7, Screenshot fun

8, No

9, No

10, Yes

11, June for screens/info, October '12 or Feb '13 release

12, Prepared, because it always happens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users