CopKilla

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

so let me guess it will be like the run not customization

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:14 PM Edited by kudoboi, 05 June 2012 - 12:17 PM.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Limited Edition Features

2 Incredible Cars: Pre-Order the Limited Edition and get two early unlocks: the beautiful Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale and the latest Porsche 911 Carrera S.

Custom Livery: Both cars come with a stunning satin black custom livery, only if you pre-order.

4 Hours Double Speed Points (SP). Unlock four-hours double SP to rank up and unlock rewards faster.

Multiplayer Modifications: Need mods for better acceleration or stronger armor? You got ‘em.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hot Pursuit in the streets, what a rubish.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Really hope it includes modifications/customizations. All the cars would be so bland on MP without it. Customization is what made the NFS series. I'm fearing that they're forgetting there roots.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 12:32)
Really hope it includes modifications/customizations. All the cars would be so bland on MP without it. Customization is what made the NFS series. I'm fearing that they're forgetting there roots.

You really think they would include car customization and didn't show it in the trailer ? LOL, It's obvious that there won't be tunning. Just look at Underground, MW, Carbon, Pro Street trailers an you'll see what I mean.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:41 PM Edited by Whiskey, 05 June 2012 - 12:47 PM.

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 12:38)

You really think they would include car customization and didn't show it in the trailer ? LOL, It's obvious that there won't be tunning. Just look at Underground, MW, Carbon, Pro Street trailers an you'll see what I mean.

Forza: Horizon didn't show any customization. It might not be ready yet to show to audiences or they're keeping it for a later date. Underground, MW and Carbon are last-gen games. They were from a completely different developer. EA Black Box made those games, Critereon are making this game, trailers aren't going to be the same. Just because there's no customization in the preview doesn't mean it wont be in the full game. Also, tuning and customization are two completely different things.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 12:41)

Forza: Horizon didn't show any customization. It might not be ready yet to show to audiences or they're keeping it for a later date. Underground, MW, Carbon are last-gen games they were from a completely different publisher. EA Black Box made those games, Critereon are making this game, trailers aren't going to be the same. Just because there's no customization in the preview doesn't mean it wont be in the full game. Also, tuning and customization are two completely different things.

tuning and customization are two completely different things

How It's different things, tell me ?
Also comparing Forza to NFS, Arcade and Simulation, stupid...

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 12:48)

Forza: Horizon didn't show any customization. It might not be ready yet to show to audiences or they're keeping it for a later date. Underground, MW, Carbon are last-gen games they were from a completely different publisher. EA Black Box made those games, Critereon are making this game, trailers aren't going to be the same. Just because there's no customization in the preview doesn't mean it wont be in the full game. Also, tuning and customization are two completely different things.

Tuning is the adjustment of the cars parts to get a performance/handling improvement. Like lowering the suspension or modifying the gear ratio on the transmission. Customization is the appearance or addition of performance parts like engine turbo's or alloy wheels.

I wasn't comparing the actual gameplay, merely stating the fact that neither of the trailers shown any forms of customization. Read before you judge.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Just watched the gameplay. Disappointed, as usual. That bullet time-like camera looks really idiotic, except when going through roadblocks. Hitting obstacles seems to not be a problem at all, you can gain your lost speed in a second.
And on top of that all, I guess it's likely there will be no customization, which pretty much kills my interest. Car damage looks good, though. Too bad it's only cosmetic.

There was just something that worked for me in UG2 and the first MW. Guess it's gone now. smile.gif

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 12:51)

Tuning is the adjustment of the cars parts to get a performance/handling improvement. Like lowering the suspension or modifying the gear ratio on the transmission. Customization is the appearance or addition of performance parts like engine turbo's or alloy wheels.

I wasn't comparing the actual gameplay, merely stating the fact that neither of the trailers shown any forms of customization. Read before you judge.

Tuning is ALSO a modification of cars appearance not only improving the performance. It's a general term actually.
Anyways we won't be getting it this year. The trailer shows it clearly. Stop with wishful thinking already.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 13:04)

Tuning is ALSO a modification of cars appearance not only improving the performance. It's a general term actually.
Anyways we won't be getting it this year. The trailer shows it clearly. Stop with wishful thinking already.

Well as far as I've known, at any motorsport event I've ever been to it's been referred to as two different things. Only chavs and ricers use the term "tuning" in general along with the word "souped".

I wont stop with the wishful thinking. You're just being negative. You seen one trailer and you're jumping to conclusions.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 13:07)

Well as far as I've known, at any motorsport event I've ever been to it's been referred to as two different things. Only chavs and ricers use the term "tuning" in general along with the word "souped".

I wont stop with the wishful thinking. You're just being negative. You seen one trailer and you're jumping to conclusions.

As far as you know... I think It's time to get yourself educated first.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 13:17)

Go to a professional motorsport event. Then we'll see who's educated. You couldn't even spell it correctly the first time you mentioned it.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 07:29)
Hot Pursuit in the streets, what a rubish.

This is what I thought, the environment looks bland as hell.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

I have no idea why there is such a negative attitude towards this game. Criterion make amazing car games, and this looks extremely true to the formula of the first Most Wanted (hence the friggin' name). I really can't recall any reveal trailers that show off car customization, anyway.

If they stay true to the game, like it appears they are from the trailer, there will be customization.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:46 PM Edited by DizzeeXL, 05 June 2012 - 01:49 PM.

QUOTE (Whiskey @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 13:26)
QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 13:17)

Go to a professional motorsport event. Then we'll see who's educated. You couldn't even spell it correctly the first time you mentioned it.

Need For Speed isn't a professional racing game. It's very normal to use the word "tuning" instead of "customization", because It's an Arcade game, not a simulation.

I have no idea why there is such a negative attitude towards this game. Criterion make amazing car games, and this looks extremely true to the formula of the first Most Wanted (hence the friggin' name). I really can't recall any reveal trailers that show off car customization, anyway.

If they stay true to the game, like it appears they are from the trailer, there will be customization.

Formula alone isn't enough, the vibe is completely different, it's sickening me.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 13:46)

Need For Speed isn't a professional racing game. It's very normal to use the word "tuning" instead of "customization", because It's an Arcade game, not a simulation.

Uh... what? monocle.gif

I think you "need to get educated" mate.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Remix @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 13:51)

Uh... what? monocle.gif

I think you "need to get educated" mate.

WoW, another smartass.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

What prevents them from hide something that would make much more people excited for the game to announce it later with a jaw-dropping trailer?
That's what most of developers like to do.

And I have to agree all the way with Whiskey, dude.
Tuning is a customization, but if you customize your car you won't be necessarily tuning it. wink.gif

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 14:01)

Need For Speed isn't a professional racing game.

WoW, another smartass.

Need for Speed have several games based off driving-simulation (e.g the Shift series).

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:09 PM Edited by DizzeeXL, 05 June 2012 - 02:14 PM.

QUOTE (Remix @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 14:07)

WoW, another smartass.

Need for Speed have several games based off driving-simulation (e.g the Shift series).

In this situation I was talking about the current project.

What prevents them from hide something that would make much more people excited for the game to announce it later with a jaw-dropping trailer?
That's what most of developers like to do.

And I have to agree all the way with Whiskey, dude.
Tuning is a customization, but if you customize your car you won't be necessarily tuning it. wink.gif

I'm guessing things based on the past, but the way you think is just a wishful thinking.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:12 PM Edited by Remix, 05 June 2012 - 02:15 PM.

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 14:09)
QUOTE (Remix @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 14:07)

WoW, another smartass.

In this situation I was talking about the current project.

Fair enough, I apologise then.

In any case, lets hope Criterion pull this off. smile.gif

From the game website:
Hit jumps and shortcuts, switch cars, hide out or play to your car's unique strengths by driving off-road, hitting straights or diving into back alleys.

I might be thinking too much into the "switch cars" phrase, but can we expect a game mechanic similar to Drivers? (Where the player 'teleports' to a car nearby)

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Remix @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 14:12)
From the game website:
Hit jumps and shortcuts, switch cars, hide out or play to your car's unique strengths by driving off-road, hitting straights or diving into back alleys.

I might be thinking too much into the "switch cars" phrase, but can we expect a game mechanic similar to Drivers? (Where the player 'teleports' to a car nearby)

I think it's more about being able to buy another car when you have the money or the credits for it.
"Teleport" to another car would remove the feel of "fighting" to get a better car in every single race.

Jacko427
  • Jacko427

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Does this game runs on Frostbite 2 eninge??

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

As far as i was ever concerned the word tuning is used to describe tweaking mechanical parts and engine behaviour to meet a certain desired effect. Customization usually only refers to the aesthetics. Just like in NFSU2 you could customize you car with spoilers, body kits, paint jobs and whatnot but you could also tune your powerbands and things of that nature. You know? FIne tuning?

Anyway they probably should add a n underground level of customization because they have been neglecting the fans of those games.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

I don't like the stupid "takedowns" from Burnout. It is just retarded to tap someones quarter panel and send them jerking into the wall, flipping very unrealistically. It doesn't really fit with the Most Wanted feel. Other than that the gameplay looked great, except that I like the original "Busted" meter confused.gif

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

I don't think that there'll be any customisation, looking at the game play. And it looks more like burnout with police.

ThirstyHyena
  • ThirstyHyena

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

Great news! I remember back in 2006 I had a s*it PC and once I was visiting my uncle (who was and still is a gamer) and he had all those exclusive PC games from gaming magazines, but the game i liked the most was Most Wanted. Soon after that I got a PS2 and bought Most Wanted for it, I think I got to the #3 on blacklist and stopped playing but it was still an great experience, my favourite racing game. Can't wait for MW2.

Moth
  • Moth

When life gives you lemons, nuke the planet.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (ThirstyHyena @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 13:30)
Great news! I remember back in 2006 I had a s*it PC and once I was visiting my uncle (who was and still is a gamer) and he had all those exclusive PC games from gaming magazines, but the game i liked the most was Most Wanted. Soon after that I got a PS2 and bought Most Wanted for it, I think I got to the #3 on blacklist and stopped playing but it was still an great experience, my favourite racing game. Can't wait for MW2.

Too bad that this will have nothing in common with it, except for the name.

caio3771
  • caio3771

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

I will play this for sure,
expecting for this for years!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users