Quantcast

» «
Photo

NFS Most Wanted 2

221 replies to this topic
BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

user posted image

Source

http://www.eurogamer...ted-by-retailer

The next entry in EA's annual Need for Speed franchise will be a sequel to 2005 game Need for Speed: Most Wanted, according to leak-prone South African retailer BTGames.
No release date or launch platforms are mentioned on the Need For Speed Most Wanted 2 product page. But you can pre-order it, if you like.
Criterion, maker of Burnout and the fabulous Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, is expected to be the developer behind the next released Need for Speed game. Is it this one - Most Wanted 2?

Criterion was spotted hiring for an open world racer project last summer.
Eurogamer's then editor Kristan Reed wrote our Need for Speed: Most Wanted review, scoring an impressive, series-back-on-track, 8/10.
BTGames' may want to repair its bucket, having also leaked Dead Space 3 today.
BTGames was correct when it leaked Jak & Daxter HD Collection ahead of Sony's official announcement.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:59 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 18 April 2012 - 01:02 PM.

Finally!! Why did they wait so long!? People always ranted and raved how they like that game so much. I loved it and I wouldn't be in to cars or modding cars in real life but in games, yes.

I kept my Peugot 206 and never upgraded to the faster cars. I just put all my money in to my little Euro-car and it was the anti-christ.

Oh and this the news about a car game the guy from Criterion I was speaking (on the phone in my job) was working on and was excited about and he couldn't tell me what it was. I brought this up on the forums about 2 months ago. biggrin.gif

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

This is kind of a stab in the dark here... You're gonna base this on some non official info? I was never really an NFS fan, but most of my friends like it, so I guess I'm happy for them, concidering that this info is legit tounge.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:06 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 18 April 2012 - 01:10 PM.

Like I said, I was chatting to a guy from Criterion. He told me they were working on a car game that he was chuffed about. So, yeah, I'd say it's legit.

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Saturday, Jan 14 2012, 13:42)
Didn't see it but it sounds awful.

Anyway, I got a call in work from a dev at Criterion. Anyway, his Gamertag was stolen and we were chatting about what he worked on there. He worked on Black and Burnout etc. He said he was in work calling from the 'Black' room where they have all the props from the ad campaign. He also mentioned they're working on a car game due to be released this year and it's amazing. He said it's unannounced yet so I'm thinking it's a new Burnout. We'll see its true. I know the guy wasn't sh*tting me because he was joking at the irony of someone robbing his MS points to by FIFA players and he works for EA (Criterion were bought by them)

Anyway, I can't wait to see what game it is.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I can't belive either how this is going to happend, and I wonder who was the dude that manage to make EA to turn their ideas back to the old NFS style. colgate.gif

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

f*ck YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T f*ckING BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Ah! I read Underground 2/3 not Most Wanted 2, lol. sad.gif

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

I f*cking love Most Wanted, still play it to this day. Never managed to get that M3 GTR as once I beat razor my PS2 would freeze. Seven years waiting for this!

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

I thought Carbon was Most Wanted 2.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 15:20)
Ah! I read Underground 2/3 not Most Wanted 2, lol. sad.gif

We definitely need Underground 3. Underground 2 is the best NFS IMO. But I am looking forward to this one as well. Most Wanted was great. I'm not a fan of racing games, but free roaming street racing NFS games are different. I love customizing cars.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 19:51)
I thought Carbon was Most Wanted 2.

Aesthetically, no.

Porsche Unleashed, Underground 2, Most Wanted and recently, Hot Pursuit 2 were by far the bet NFS games ever. Others don't even come close. I'd absolutely love to see a sequel to MW.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

I thought Most Wanted was always one of the best NFS games made and I'm glad they're going to make a 2nd one. Underground 2 however was my favourite. That was an immense game.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Most Wanted was definitely my favourite. Back in the day it was stunning. Need to go back and finish it sometime, not sure why I didn't when I first got it. I've tried before, and it's one of these racing games that when you pick it back up, everything feels just ridiculously fast. biggrin.gif

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

People will kill me, but Most Wanted with Undercover were my least liked Need For Speed games..

Hot Pursuit 2, Underground 1 & 2, Carbon, Pro Street were my favorites.

The Run has yet to be tested by me, but I think I'll put it on same level as Most Wanted in my list.

I dunno why people are excited for Most Wanted, except that it almost goes back to the roots? The only good thing I could remember was the Lexus and M3 GTR and Blacklist also was good.

Plus, I think Carbon is the sequel of Most Wanted, the story continued in Carbon where the one in Most Wanted dropped off.

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Don't get hyped.

It will most likely be a linear racing game very identical to hot pursuit, it will be made cheaply for a quick buck.

I have lost all faith in sequels being made, especially of those games i once really enjoyed. It will most likely be a disappointment.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (thebestgameever @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 15:56)
Don't get hyped.

It will most likely be a linear racing game very identical to hot pursuit, it will be made cheaply for a quick buck.

I have lost all faith in sequels being made, especially of those games i once really enjoyed. It will most likely be a disappointment.

Shhh! Don't crush my hopes into millions of pieces biggrin.gif

I know, I know. It's EA. Maybe they're going to make a good game this time around? Maybe they'll give us the NFS we love, without any overpriced DLC and sh*tty endings. If MW2 is anything then it's EA's chance to change their worst company status.

If they f*ck this one up they I won't buy any EA product ever again.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (thebestgameever @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 16:56)
Don't get hyped.

Hot Pursuit was awesome! If this is being made by Criterion then I'm excited. I love MW, Underground 1/2 but Carbon, Pro Street and Undercover were awful.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

i do like need for speed and racing games, but need for speed most wanted 1 sucked, i remember thinking "so this is what current gen NFS games are gonna be like?" then never playing another NFS again (apart from shift 1 and 2). it was a huge let down. shift 2 was cool though.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

I bought MW for pc, ps2 and the 360.

If it's anything like it's predecessor count me the fuk in.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

My favorite NFS games:

1. Most Wanted

2. Underground 1/2

3. High Stakes (PC and PS2/1)

4. Porsche Unleashed/Porsche 2000 (PC/PS1/)

5. Shift 2 Unleashed

-------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus:

III Hot Pursuit (PC)
The Run (Cool car list but the cops are WAAAAY too fast and the story was too short. suicidal.gif )

So yeah, I think this game will be EPIC! biggrin.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

HP is linear? You haven't seen The Run and ProStreet.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (thebestgameever @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 16:56)
Don't get hyped.

If you don't want to buy it, then don't. Don't try and spoil it for everybody else just because you cannot see differences between games.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

YES! Thank You! Iv'e been waiting for this! My one worry about it though. I worry that it will just be a story continuation. I want it to return to the format of MW. I liked the old pursuit and cooldown system. I liked the tollbooth races. I liked the Blacklist. I want these things to return. Maybe not the Blacklist, since it was cleaned out and everyone arrested, but I want characters to return, and characters from MW and Carbon to meet. Carbon is in the same "universe" (GTA logic), so I want the characters met in Carbon to have some presence in MW2(confusing abbreviations?). This will be the best seller of the NFS serious if EA learns how to play their cards right.

This is what we all wanted, and it will completely end NFS if they don't do this right.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

Not excited. Undercover was actually more or less MW2 and it sucked. Seriously, Undercover ripped off MW so much its pitiful.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

I loved this game, but, as along with others, never actually did complete it fully. Think I gave up as I got into the top 5, and just put it down. I'm hyped for this game, but I'm one of those that still wants to see an Underground 3 come along.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

Holy cow, Most Wanted 2? I will wait for this FOR SURE, 'cause this is my favorite NFS part, after Hot Pursuit II.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

SWEET MOTHER OF f*ck YES

Most Wanted is my favorite NFS of all time. Underground 2 is a close second. Put U2's customization with MW and you'd have a bomb.

On the other hand, they've been using the same models from MW onwards (and the muscle cars from Carbon) and everything after MW sucked graphically and storywise, including Undercover, so I just hope they turn over a new leaf...

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 23:02)
Not excited. Undercover was actually more or less MW2 and it sucked. Seriously, Undercover ripped off MW so much its pitiful.

This.

No idea why everyone "begged" for Most Wanted 2, when essentially Carbon and Undercover were its sequel. What key elements from Most Wanted are missing from Carbon and Undercover?

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 21:54)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 23:02)

This.

No idea why everyone "begged" for Most Wanted 2, when essentially Carbon and Undercover were its sequel. What key elements from Most Wanted are missing from Carbon and Undercover?

But Carbon was set at night and MW was set at dusk! Its completely different! Doesn't matter that the driving, music, atmosphere, cars, tuning and plot were exactly the same!

[/sarcasm]

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Carbon was too easy and you could finish everything it in 2 days. Undercover had atrocious driving and it was filled with gamebreaking bugs. Some of them are still present I believe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users