Photo

Your hideout

21 replies to this topic
Agrippa
  • Agrippa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2002 - 08:54 PM

I wonder what the hideouts will look like.  I am sure there will be more than one, three at the most.  I think the first one would be a run down shack in Little Haiti, and hopfully the last one would be a large, swanky home on the water, with room for you many cars, and bikes, and your stolen golfcart collection :D

If there is a boat house, or dock for your stolen ships, and a helipad on the roof, that would be so sweet.

What do you guys think the Hideouts will look like?

fishi
  • fishi

Unbanned

• Members

Posted 02 September 2002 - 09:43 PM

your bound to be right its so predictable you will start of as scum in a slum and end up as gangster no1 with a swanky palace with naked female servants waiting on hand and foot!! its so predictable but yet soo loveable

Pinball68
  • Pinball68

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 September 2002 - 11:39 PM

it is very likely that there will be weapons and other good stuff somewhere around your hideout like in gta3

HellRazer XL
  • HellRazer XL

Doom is COMING!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 September 2002 - 12:03 AM

ok guys
Here is The Official

He Will RENT/BUY a Apartment
The Will Have A Garage That Can Hold Up To Two cars
You Will Be Able To Go Into Your apartment room
To Sleep You Must Click (X) Button On the PS2 Controller
You Will be able to switch clothes(ROMER)
You Are Able To Go into other apartment rooms
You Will have to pay for rent(Romer)
You May Be Able to buy a house if you have enough money(romer)

Thats All I Have Now guys Hope you like the information! :D

$$Nick$$
  • $$Nick$$

str8 from CA...Canada that is eh?! ;)

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 September 2002 - 12:25 AM

isnt it official that u can change clothes? look ayt some of the pics.. one hes wearing A hawiain shirt with jeans and others with just a blue suit.. theres even a video him ina suit and a the shirt(banshee video) :yingyang:

spanair
  • spanair

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 September 2002 - 12:52 AM

isnt it official that u can change clothes? look ayt some of the pics.. one hes wearing A hawiain shirt with jeans and others with just a blue suit.. theres even a video him ina suit and a the shirt(banshee video)

It is official that you can change clothes.

DJ-Pink Slip
  • DJ-Pink Slip

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 September 2002 - 01:11 AM

Quote (HellRazer XL @ Sep. 03 2002,01:03)
ok guys
Here is The Official

He Will RENT/BUY a Apartment
The Will Have A Garage That Can Hold Up To Two cars
You Will Be Able To Go Into Your apartment room
To Sleep You Must Click (X) Button On the PS2 Controller
You Will be able to switch clothes(ROMER)
You Are Able To Go into other apartment rooms
You Will have to pay for rent(Romer)
You May Be Able to buy a house if you have enough money(romer)

Thats All I Have Now guys Hope you like the information! :D

where did you get this info from?
P.S. its rumor not "romer"

cartelpimp
  • cartelpimp

you's a skank ho

• Members

Posted 03 September 2002 - 01:44 AM

i think the one with the apartment is BS, whats the fun in that... itll probably end up like scar face, just like all the other aspects of the game. i agree with the first post

Agrippa
  • Agrippa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2002 - 02:12 AM

A 2 car garage?  That is for your first or second hideout, maybe.  With over twice the amount of vehicles than GTA3, your garage size should be adjusted accordingly.  Just think of how many special cars there are going to be!  If you don't have room for at least 6 cars, and a motorcycle, and a boat dock(maybe), than it will be a hassle to find your favorite car in you favorite color.

Suicidesquirrel7
  • Suicidesquirrel7

Martin Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 September 2002 - 02:33 AM

itll be cool if you have a apartment hidout, to start out. you could go into other apartments and steal gems and stuff and then pawn it to make money!!!

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 03 September 2002 - 03:16 AM

dude boat houses and helipads would kick ass!!!

Manly5000
  • Manly5000

THAT'S MY BIKE, PUNK!!!

• Members

Posted 03 September 2002 - 05:12 PM

I think that something would be missing from the game if you couldn't eventually buy your own house, store lots of cars, have a boat or even a helicopter...!

That is "part of the fun" of rising to a higher level in the organized crime world.  Would a mob boss live in a small hole-in-the-wall attached to a warehouse?   :D

I hope that Rockstar lets us purchase huge homes.  Not to mention, lots of scantily-clad women who want us only for our money!

Manly

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 03 September 2002 - 10:49 PM

what they really shgould do is give you a huge ass garage that can hold as many cars as you can stuff in there!!!

Suicidesquirrel7
  • Suicidesquirrel7

Martin Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 September 2002 - 02:03 AM

it would be tight to get a mansion on an island in the middle of a river and store boats and choppers there......hehehe

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 04 September 2002 - 02:31 AM

Quote (Suicidesquirrel7 @ Sep. 03 2002,21:03)
it would be tight to get a mansion on an island in the middle of a river and store boats and choppers there......hehehe

The Ultimate Dream:

Be able to own any house that is for sale.
Be able to have Helicopter Pad and Boat Houses.
Be able to buy storage units to keep Cars and Motorcycles in.

Manly5000
  • Manly5000

THAT'S MY BIKE, PUNK!!!

• Members

Posted 04 September 2002 - 03:21 AM

I totally agree.

From the look of some of the screenshots and videos, it seems that there are a lot of houses with garages, private boat docks, etc.  I personally think that we might be in luck for owning our own houses.  

Vice City seems to be a lot more "take over the whole city" than GTA3 ever was.  That's kind of what they're pushing isn't it?  You can't take over a city and head a crime empire from the comfort of your concrete laden hideout...  

This all by itself will give GTA: VC endless replay value, ESPECIALLY if there are dozens of possible homes you could buy.  Think of all the possible combinations of house/boats/cars/choppers/planes.  

Any way we could get some kind of (un)official word on this from someone in-the-know?

Manly

Soultek
  • Soultek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2002 - 04:22 AM

When talking about how many hideouts you gotta remember you had multiple hideouts in GTA3 becuase new parts of the city kept opening...as Vice is gonna be all open from the beginning its obviously gonna be a whole different system...buying seems most practical...escpecially cause they are saying money is gonna be more important in this game...As for heliports and sea docks...i really doubt that...the max storage in GTA3 was 3 cars...i dont tihnk youll see much more then an increase to like 4-5 if at all

The Eye of Sauron
  • The Eye of Sauron

Sig Master (-shadow is a fag)

• Members

Posted 04 September 2002 - 09:00 PM

I think it would be that if you got a mansion there would be a security guard at the gate who open the gate for you (like the cartel mansion gate). It would be cool if when a gang was chasing you they would shoot at them. Also there should be a place where you can store a chopper and a dock to store boats. Thats what I would want (plus a gang of my own to patrol my turf, but thats not happening).

:rah:   :r*:   :rah:

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 04 September 2002 - 09:52 PM

What would be cool is.......

If you want to buy an apartment/garage/house you have to make a deal with the owner through a cutscen seeing as how our friend Tommy can talk.......

And then if we wanted to buy a mansion it would cost anywhere from $1 million to $5 million dollars seeing as how easy it was to collect money in GTA3.

If you were to own a mansion and it happened to have a heliport and/or be near the water and have a boat house the helicopter pad wouldnt be a garage so instead anything you park inside the designated area would stay there with the same going for the boats in the boat house and lets say park some cars outside the house in a driveway the cars would stay there as long as they were parked inside a designated area........

I'd like some feedback.

Tony_the_tiger
  • Tony_the_tiger

AMF Head Wheelman

• Members

Posted 04 September 2002 - 10:42 PM

Chong I took the time to read your sig flash and all i have to say is the same to you! :furious: Sice you said money is playing a more important role then it would probably be harder to make money,Catch my drift??)

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 04 September 2002 - 11:00 PM

Hey you are right.......and since it is in the 80's the currency would probably be at least half of what I was talking about and since money plays a more important role in Vice City then the missions would give off at least half of what they would in GTA3 since money wasn't really that important then you have to take away another half due to the time period we are talking about which would be the eighty's.

So therefore we are making a quarter as much as we would make in GTA3 so maybe instead of getting such even amounts we would get amounts like $549 or $1,032 or maybe some other things like that...

...:More Feedback:...

Guns don't kill people, I do
  • Guns don't kill people, I do

Gone...

• Members

Posted 05 September 2002 - 01:54 AM

Even though we may not be able to BUY houses, it seems in one of the videos (Banshee?), Tommy drives through the gates of a house and the garage door opens. This is indicating that this mansion is either someone you work for's house/hideout, or yours! This is a great idea to buy houses and stuff, I sincerely hope it gets implemented into VC. Nevertheless, it will kick ass!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users