Photo

Has GTA introduced you to new music?

8 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

I must admit that the stations on GTA have certainly expanded my musical horizons. I find myself downloading songs from the game off of I tunes.

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2012 - High Rollers

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

Yeah when I was younger and vice city came out I bought the soundtrack collection. Then san andreas came along and I liked the country music and 90's rock and on gta 4 original I only seemed to like san juan sounds but when tbogt was out there was better music.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Yeah way to many to name though. Believe it or not I love every gta soundtrack !

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hell yeah. I was first listening to pretty much hip-hop only but then with the GTA soundtracks, I discovered plenty of pop, rock, new jack swing, soul and country that I love.

Songs like "Hold the Line", "Easy Lover" and "Cult of Personality" became some of my favorites thanks to GTA. (some credit to CM Punk for the latter too)

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

I would have never liked 80s music if not for Vice and VCS. Really only ever liked mainstream sh*t.

Take a genre you have no interest in and put it in GTA and I'll fall in love with it, I even like some Opera now thanks to Double Clef FM.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

San Andreas even made me enjoy some country music.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

GTA Vice City and Vice City Stories - Got me into music from the 80s (even Disco).
GTA San Andreas - Got me liking some country songs and classic rock.
GTA IV - Got me interested in Eastern European type music, also got me to investigate further into the many songs by The Who, Genesis and Queen. (The Seeker, Mama and One Vision to name those pivotal songs).

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

I like games better than music or movies. Music and movies is only listening and watching, games is really doing something.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Proud Fool @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 21:40)
I would have never liked 80s music if not for Vice and VCS. Really only ever liked mainstream sh*t.

Take a genre you have no interest in and put it in GTA and I'll fall in love with it, I even like some Opera now thanks to Double Clef FM.

This.
GTA introduced me to plenty of quality genres and music I'd never heard otherwise.

That's why I go butthurt when someone wants modern mainstream music on MTV and radios to be in GTA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users