Photo

San Andreas Max Map Size ?

19 replies to this topic
PrivateFirstClass
  • PrivateFirstClass

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

hello guys, i want to know what is the maximum map size in san andreas ?
i mean, can we map something outside san andreas where the radar wont show ? with outside i mean more in the ocean and the radar does not show the outside the ocean.

can we have big maps as we want ? i mean we have limit adjuster, alot of mapping tools etc... and i think we should be able to do that.

is it possible to convert the map from FSX or google earth (the complete world) to san andreas and play it ?
NO i dont want to make a mod, only for private use, i hate making a mod for public and if its possible to make such big map i would just try it, does not mean that im going to have success.

sure without paths !

greetings

Mega
  • Mega

Part Time Cannibal, Part Time Businessman

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Damn that would be giant ._. I don't think it's impossible, and i don't have a clue, but i still think it's possible.

PrivateFirstClass
  • PrivateFirstClass

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 18:33)
Damn that would be giant ._. I don't think it's impossible, and i don't have a clue, but i still think it's possible.

yeah that would be good for a free-roam zombie mod and san andreas is perfect for that, in san andreas we have everything what fits into a good free-roam zombie game like vehicles from every category, eat & drink to survive, swimming, weapons from almost every category and the best thing : there are ALOT of zombie mods out for san andreas, so i can copy the scripts and maybe change them a bit so and tadaaaa : i have zombies in game, just need skins biggrin.gif so the only main part is the map and its important for me to know before i start biggrin.gif and there are alot of mods out to upgrade san andreas like enb, new effects & particles, HD models & textures, fixes for san andreas main bugs .... the list goes on biggrin.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

SA has a ID limit of 19999 usable objects and this can not be hacked and you cant really map outside the 6000x6000 boundaries without some game weird glitches with model rendering.

There are also limitations on modding tools that in the end could lead to disappointment.

I suggest using VC or Rage.

PrivateFirstClass
  • PrivateFirstClass

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 04:47)
I suggest using VC or Rage.

Rage ? Rage support that, i mean Rage dont have enough tools, Rage dont have limit adjuster, Rage is more limited than San Andreas Engine, we dont have enough tools and mapping the world into Rage, is that even possible in such an limited engine like Rage ?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

SA has a lot of limits including the ID limit of 20000 objects and is grid based.

VC has an ID limit of 32768 objects that can be defined for the game.

Rage has no limits on ID objects, but tools will come in time.
  • LittleUZI likes this

PrivateFirstClass
  • PrivateFirstClass

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 09:25)
SA has a lot of limits including the ID limit of 20000 objects and is grid based.

thanks ! so i should use Rage.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

You'll need OpenIV and GIMS to export maps to IV's RAGE and it can import IV's objects too.

PrivateFirstClass
  • PrivateFirstClass

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:45 PM Edited by PrivateFirstClass, 20 April 2012 - 12:54 PM.

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 12:38)
You'll need OpenIV and GIMS to export maps to IV's RAGE and it can import IV's objects too.

well before i use Rage, i better wait for gta V because it have more features like : planes, tunable cars etc.... which is not possible in IV

oh and btw, can we map outside the borders (6000x6000) ? SA:IV ha an problem with it that there was red borders not allowing you mapping outside and with our without the SA:IV problem : can we map outside the boundaries ?

Convetors
  • Convetors

Suddently its Me !

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

I MIGH not say its Impossible But there is another Thing Try to get the Coord Of the Liberty City in Gta sa map and Then get Rid of it and put in it the litle map You want to add and another Things You can Do the map in The sky if You want But the Gravity will be hard and you cant Drive hydra or any kind Of aiplane on it inclding jetpack x) Since it a Zombie Iland you dont need airplane ! biggrin.gif

PrivateFirstClass
  • PrivateFirstClass

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Convetors @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 13:37)
I MIGH not say its Impossible But there is another Thing Try to get the Coord Of the Liberty City in Gta sa map and Then get Rid of it and put in it the litle map You want to add and another Things You can Do the map in The sky if You want But the Gravity will be hard and you cant Drive hydra or any kind Of aiplane on it inclding jetpack x) Since it a Zombie Iland you dont need airplane ! biggrin.gif

well but san andreas has ID limit of 20000 objects which make it impossible.

Convetors
  • Convetors

Suddently its Me !

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (PrivateFirstClass @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 13:42)
I MIGH not say its Impossible But there is another Thing Try to get the Coord Of the Liberty City in Gta sa map and Then get Rid of it and put in it the litle map You want to add and another Things  You can Do the map in The sky if You want But the Gravity will be hard and you cant Drive hydra or any kind Of aiplane on it inclding jetpack x) Since it a Zombie Iland you dont need airplane ! biggrin.gif

well make one object that have (the land and buildings) 3 or 5 parts then Do the trees and damaged car and Stuff And delet som usless Object -if you are not playing missions like unused interiors biggrin.gif ...

PrivateFirstClass
  • PrivateFirstClass

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Convetors @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 13:46)
QUOTE (PrivateFirstClass @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 13:42)

well make one object that have (the land and buildings) 3 or 5 parts then Do the trees and damaged car and Stuff And delet som usless Object -if you are not playing missions like unused interiors biggrin.gif ...

but remember : i want to convert the whole world (and maybe add some extra islands/cities etc.... between north america and europe and more...). ive heard that the mapeditor would crash if we add too big objects or too big terrain (land).

EDIT : f*ck not possible : .mdl and 3ds max wont handle that i believe.

btw : in normal san andreas in mapeditor, if we map, we have the land in many small parts like buildings, streets, pavement etc... and we have many IPL & IDE files, is it possible to make the land all-in-one which mean : if i map, i wont have to add first the streets, later the buildings etc.... just all in one model, col etc... and add the big map into one IPL & IDE file ?

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:39 PM Edited by Bad.boy!, 20 April 2012 - 06:40 PM.

For San Andreas engine or rage engine?

If it's for San Andreas, there is a poly limit (which you can edit). Also loading everything into one model makes the game lag alot. Because you don't need to load what's around that corner 20 meter further.

On rage it will lag even more than on San Andreas engine.

EDIT:
Don't foget the lod models, if you merge everything in to one thing you waste a lot of memory (again).

PrivateFirstClass
  • PrivateFirstClass

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Bad.boy! @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 18:39)

If it's for San Andreas, there is a poly limit (which you can edit). Also loading everything into one model makes the game lag alot. Because you don't need to load what's around that corner 20 meter further.

EDIT:
Don't foget the lod models, if you merge everything in to one thing you waste a lot of memory (again).

nah, thanks but my dream burst because san andreas engine has an ID limit of 20000 objects and can not be hacked, so my dream to map the complete world is impossible, and in rage it would lag more, so i should switch too ArmA2 or Wait for ArmA3, because ArmA2 alone support mapsize 4096000kmx4096000km = 16777216000000km2 which is bigger than the real world.

thanks for your help guys !

Convetors
  • Convetors

Suddently its Me !

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (PrivateFirstClass @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 19:33)
QUOTE (Bad.boy! @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 18:39)

EDIT:

nah, thanks but my dream burst because san andreas engine has an ID limit of 20000 objects and can not be hacked, so my dream to map the complete world is impossible, and in rage it would lag more, so i should switch too ArmA2 or Wait for ArmA3, because ArmA2 alone support mapsize 4096000kmx4096000km = 16777216000000km2 which is bigger than the real world.

thanks for your help guys !

Ok im Not very Good in this But I think That Some hacked somKind of Limit when they wwanted to Creat New Mod called : GTA 4 to sa So you may search about it . i wish it gonna help

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

I'd sugest you start with making your map, because if you want to make the whole earth (I'm a 100% sure that you won't succeed). You'll soon find out that, that San Andreas is very big but still not even close to the size of real LA, withouth LV and SF. Even if you had a million people working on this mod you won't succeed. The earth is f*cking big. And not forget to mention that the earth isn't flat, like the map of SA or IV.

PrivateFirstClass
  • PrivateFirstClass

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Bad.boy! @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 18:34)
I'd sugest you start with making your map, because if you want to make the whole earth (I'm a 100% sure that you won't succeed). You'll soon find out that, that San Andreas is very big but still not even close to the size of real LA, withouth LV and SF. Even if you had a million people working on this mod you won't succeed. The earth is f*cking big. And not forget to mention that the earth isn't flat, like the map of SA or IV.

yes i know, still its not possible to make the earth on san andreas, and i dont like VC and Rage engine, i have to make it for arma 3 (if theyr mapping tool have a fix for a bug)

LittleUZI
  • LittleUZI

ZB Type

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 4 weeks ago

wait, then in GTA IV and EFLC you can add objects how much you want???!

XaviHernandez
  • XaviHernandez

Big SA fan with the head full of ideas.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

wait, then in GTA IV and EFLC you can add objects how much you want???!

2 years old topic bump... Congrats.

• joeyhuab likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users