» «
Photo

Texture problem (GTA: VC)

12 replies to this topic
GTASanAndreas12345
  • GTASanAndreas12345

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:03 AM Edited by GTASanAndreas12345, 17 April 2012 - 11:09 AM.

Hello there,

Recently I have converted the slide-door Police Maverick (chopper.dff) for players' use. I have accomplished this by using ZModeler to attatch the tail, skids and rotor knot to the main body, importing the rotors and dummies from the flyable Police Maverick (polmav.dff), and matched the heirarchy with the polmav.dff. Lastly, I opened default.ide and changed the chopper.dff's type from "heli" to "car", so that the new dummies would be recognised. I also copied the polmav.dff's wheel data to the chopper.dff's (it didn't have any wheel data before as it was type "heli" beforehand).

After exporting and replacing the original model with mine (using IMG tool), I started up Vice City. I loaded my save without any crashes. I then used a trainer to spawn it. It spawned without any issues, and the entire model, along with both rotors, appeared as I expected. I could get in it and fly it around without any problems. However, there was only one problem. It was completely grey and had no textures! I tried using polmav.txd instead of chopper.txd in default.ide, and the same thing happened. Here's what I am talking about:

As you can see, everything appears fine in ZModeler: http://imageshack.us...elerchoppa.jpg/
But ingame, it looks like this: http://imageshack.us...turechoppa.jpg/

What could have gone wrong? Did I miss out something in ZModeler? Is there something in default.ide that I shouldn't have done? I really want to fly it, but not without textures!

If someone can help me out with this, I will be very grateful, and when I upload it to GTAGarage I will credit whoever helped me in the description.

Thanks,
GTASanAndreas12345

GTASanAndreas12345
  • GTASanAndreas12345

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Anyone???

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Well open that .TXD in 'TXD Workshop' and from the Menu's locate 'DFF Check' then find that Choppers DFF file you made, it will then show you what textures are needed, not needed, etc.

You might need to rename some of the textures, but I think the model should work fine if you use the Original TXD that belongs to the Chopper instead of one from a different heli.

GTASanAndreas12345
  • GTASanAndreas12345

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

I did the DFF check (chopper.txd with chopper.dff) and it says that all of the textures are missing.

I also noticed that this happens for any vehicle I edit. It doesn't matter what I do - even the addition of a single dummy renders the whole model texture-less. It seems to be a problem with ZModeler itself, but I don't know what to do about it.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

You need to export all the txd files of the model you're editing (chopper.txd, squalo.txd, etc) to the Zmodeler textures folder. It's in the main Zmodeler directory. All your textures must be there, or Zmod won't skin the model on export.

GTASanAndreas12345
  • GTASanAndreas12345

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 15:18)
You need to export all the txd files of the model you're editing (chopper.txd, squalo.txd, etc) to the Zmodeler textures folder. It's in the main Zmodeler directory. All your textures must be there, or Zmod won't skin the model on export.

It didn't work. sad.gif

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

All the textures from both chopper.txd and polmav.txd ? Hmm. Could be a material issue, or maybe they're incorrectly named in the txd. I assume you merged the txds so the new chopper.txd also contains the pomav.txd textures? Check the alphas and make sure they're all the same.

GTASanAndreas12345
  • GTASanAndreas12345

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

I haven't done anything with chopper.txd, because I thought the new model would work with the original texture.

I found it was a materials issue, because in TXD workshop, the DFF says that there are no textures to be mapped to the DFF file (i.e. the DFF column is blank). Then, when I imported chopper.dff to ZModeler, all the materials were incorrectly named. I'll rename the materials back to what they should be and see what happens.

GTASanAndreas12345
  • GTASanAndreas12345

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

It didn't work. I still have a gray helicopter.

mirak
  • mirak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

hi, maybe is a problem of the TXD Workshop itself, because some time ago, i downloades a TXD Workshop and it was corrupt, the program didn't let me to add templates and some more things, so you can try downloading another version or form another site. Also maybe can be the name of the texture because when you map the vehicle in a program with some image, the texture gets the name of that image, but if you have another name in TXD Workshop then it won't work.

GTASanAndreas12345
  • GTASanAndreas12345

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

I fixed the problem! The helicopter appears with textures, however, it is grey. How can I make it green? Is it a carcol problem?

MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (GTASanAndreas12345 @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 12:51)
I fixed the problem! The helicopter appears with textures, however, it is grey. How can I make it green? Is it a carcol problem?

No. You just didn't apply primary (green) material in 3dsm as to it's surface, that's the reason it's grey. After applying primary color material via gta Kam's plugins , vehicle will be coloured by any color you give it in carcols.dat

Tado Hamann
  • Tado Hamann

★ Support, Vehicles ★

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

@GTASanAndreas12345
You should check your "Materials Editor" and make sure, that all textures were loaded as material.

Addition : Problem is not with texture, they are loaded, but not mapped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users