Photo

Choosing an air conditioner

6 replies to this topic
Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this would be the right place to ask, but I guess this falls under the Tech category, so here goes...

I'm planning on buying a 1.5 ton split AC for my living room as summer has begun here and it's pretty f*cking hot. However, I have very limited knowledge when it comes to good brands, what to look for in specifications and such.

Can any of you guys point me in the right direction? I'm looking at one of those power saving 5 star ACs. Budget is anywhere between Rs.30000 and Rs.35000.

Thanks.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

You will first have to look at the room you want to install your AC in. A large room can't be cooled down by a puny AC.
The most common are them Windows type, most of the major brands will do, and the other is called a split AC.
Split AC has a indoor unit and outdoor unit. The Indoor unit is installed inside your house to provide AC, and the outdoor unit
are usually installed outside of your house. Split AC are silent.

http://www.lg.com/in...it-ac/index.jsp

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Okay, thanks. I'm already done with all that research though. Based on the size of the room, number of windows and the occupants, I've been told that I'll require a 1.5 ton AC. And I'm willing to shell out the extra bucks required for a 5 star split AC too.

What I actually need to know is what specifications I should be looking at when comparing different types of similar ACs. For example, power rating, compressor, filter type, etc. It will help if you could tell me which of these parameters are of utmost importance.

les
  • les

Kith the batman.

• The Precinct

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

If you were looking for a heat pump style AC unit I'd be able to help you, but GTAForums generally speaking probably isn't the best place to ask these kinds of questions. You might have more luck at a place like this. (Click)

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:57 PM Edited by Stinky12, 17 April 2012 - 04:08 PM.

I believe the higher BTU the better?
I have a window AC that has 10,000BTU, but never got around installing it as it wasn't hot enough to use it.
It's still sitting inside its box...

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Can you send it over to India? tounge.gif

@les: Thanks for that site. I'll have a looksie over there.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

You might want to take a look over here. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users