Photo

Help with polygons mesh in game.

8 replies to this topic
mirak
  • mirak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

Hi Everyone, i've been a while checking the page and is very interesting, i'm new in the forum, but not in modelling,
and i'm creating a Polaris RZR 4 just for fun in SA, but the thing is that when i export it the polygons seem like collapsing in game:

this are images of the model (i'm working on 3ds max 2010) as you can see the model is very acceptable about detailing.

user posted image

dash
user posted image

user posted image

bed
user posted image

in this image you can see taht the body panel has some like air intake.
user posted image

center console:
user posted image

and in the rear you can see the polaris sign.
user posted image

but when i export it this happens:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

but i've manage to fix that first converting the mesh to an editable patch, and the turn it back to an editable poly,
but this enlarge the model size too much, and still not fixes at all, here you can see it (i've marked in red the significant places):

user posted image

in the bed the mesh looks like a very poor quality
user posted image

and the front looks bad
user posted image

and some of the worst parts is that this "look a like air intakes" just look like a bump in the mesh.
user posted image

and one more problem, does any one have problems exporting custome light textures with Kam's Script in 3Ds max 2010?,
because when i do it, textures just been black in game.

Please Help and thank you in advance. -Mirak- wink.gif

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

I think I've seen someone mentioning this issue quite recently, or it was just me finding it tounge.gif
before exporting you have to detach the sections you want to have a sharp edge because the exporter doesnt do it for you.

try it and see if it works. if not I'm afraid I cant help you (I dont have the programs myself to experiment)

Puma06111991
  • Puma06111991

asdfghjkl;

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

I've seen that happening before on a model that was very highpoly. What's the polycount on this model?

mirak
  • mirak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

Hi, i really have to thank you guys, by detaching the polys it seem to get nicer and nicer, the model is currently about 45,239 polys but is not finished yet.

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

Muncher of Polygons (and cake)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

45k polys should be fine i think.
i think there is a limit in zmod of 60k triangles per object (before strange thing happen) im not sure if this limit applies to gta as well..
i dont use 3ds, so cant help with that, but can help with zmod.

detaching polys/sections might be the answer, just keep trying i suppose, the first few things you build always involve a pretty steep learning curve tounge.gif

mirak
  • mirak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

Hi again, thank you very much for your advices, and an apologize for the late answer (I was in an examination week on my college), now the polaris is coming out nicely, here are some pics, of course there's a lot work to do, but sooner or later it'll be uploaded biggrin.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

thanks everyone.

mirak
  • mirak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

Hi people how are you, this project is coming out very well as you can see:

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

but there´s one problem: as you can see the car looks like hover, the question is, is this a model problem (dummies), or this is because handling, or maybe collision file.

user posted image

, thanks in advance.

Chong McBong
  • Chong McBong

Muncher of Polygons (and cake)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

in single player, the hovering can be fixed by changing the vehicles.ide entry for the vehicle you replaced.

this shows the last four entries in a vehicles.ide line,
.... -1, 0.7, 0.7, 0
just change the 0.7, 0.7 into 0.6, 0.6 - this will lower the ride-height, but shouldn't affect wheel size.

have a look here for full info about vehicles.ide
(i'm sure there is a good thread on this forum about it somewhere too, but i can't seem to find it)

unfortunately, handling.cfg and vehicles.ide edits are ignored by SA-MP, so it will hover slightly in multiplayer.

also, making the wheels a bit bigger on the original model would also fix the hovering problem, but would make the wheels appear bigger in game.

mirak
  • mirak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

Hi People, this is not dead, i want to show you the almost finished product, and let me know guys what you think.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

and here you can see some extras I added:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

and a pic that i think looks good colgate.gif

user posted image

and btw, the RZR replaces Bandito so you can have fun in the bandito race devil.gif

user posted image

and last but not least, i will need your help with .ifp mods please!, this is cj ingame on the car

user posted image

i've tried some tutorials about .ifp modding and everything goes ok, i don't have any problem while exporting or crashes in game but the position didn't change at all, or do anybody know for a chance which .ifp applys to the bandito???

thanks everyone, hope you like it. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users