Strange error in 3DS Max.

4 replies to this topic
lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

Hmm, haven't done much tomfoolery with my system, but all of a sudden I end up getting crashes on Max upon starting it up. Even if I uninstall Max 2011, clean up registry entries, and downgrade to 2010, the error still shows up. The crash dump seems to have some references to the .NET Common Language Runtime, assemblies and other such stuff. As much as I would like to reinstall Windows I'm afraid I'm not that arsed enough due to the amount of work I had to do just to reconfigure things. Can anyone help me figure this thing out?

I'm running Windows 7 x64, SP1, btw. On an Intel C2D E7400, with 4GB RAM, a Hitachi hard drive, and an Nvidia GT240 1GB GDDR5. I update my system regularly, and even if I remove the recent updates the problem still persists.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

Is this dump from the program or the Windows minidump which means you're getting BSODs?

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Wolf68k @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 03:21)
Is this dump from the program or the Windows minidump which means you're getting BSODs?

I got it from what Max churned out when it crashed.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

In that case I would say your best bet would be to contact the maker of the problem.
Sorry, I know that might be the answer you're looking for but since you have a dump from the program they are going to be the best to analyze it and figure out what is going on.

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Use Change graphics mode program (should be in start menu in autodesk/3ds max group), at least it helped me. In 2009 I thought it was my PC's problem, but then I changed PC in 2011 and it still crashed when I tried to open 3ds max, so I figured out to change the graphics mode.

I think I am running OpenGL instead of DirectX or vice versa, don't want to check, I might ruin everything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users