Photo

Crashing after failed mod install?

3 replies to this topic
Pepismax
  • Pepismax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

Hey guys, I'm in a real sh*thole here, after I failed to install a mod to GTA IV (Steam) It kept crashing, so I uninstalled it, and I reinstalled it, but it keeps on crashing, I was wondering what I can do to stop it, if at all?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

Please post the REQUIRED information from the Pinned Troubleshooting topic, as posted by Justin(A Moderator):
What is your Processor?
What is the Processor Speed?
What is the Ram?
What is the Video card?
What is the vram?
How much dedicated vram?
What is the Sound card?
What is the OS?
Do you have the latest SP for the OS-ie. SP3 for XP, SP2 for Vista, and SP1 for 7?
Any mods or trainers?
Any Daemon tools or the like installed on PC?-these can cause problems with games.

This will help people fix the problem...Please read and utilize the Pinned topics in the future..Thanks

To find the above, Go to Start, Run(if XP)/Search(if Vista or 7) and type in DXDIAG and press Enter. The first page is the Processor, Ram, OS info., then click the Display tab=Video card info, then Sound=Sound card info. etc.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

You probably (almost certainly) have some remaining files that don't get removed after uninstalling the game. You should remove them manually, probably a loader like dsound.dll or something.

Pepismax
  • Pepismax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

What is your Processor? AMD Phenom X4 980
What is the Processor Speed? 3.7GHz
What is the Ram? 8GB
What is the Video card? Sapphire HD 6850
What is the vram? 1GB
How much dedicated vram? 600 mb
What is the Sound card? Realtek High Definition Sound (On board)
What is the OS? Windows 7 64 bit
Do you have the latest SP for the OS-ie. SP3 for XP, SP2 for Vista, and SP1 for 7? SP1 for W7
Any mods or trainers?
Any Daemon tools or the like installed on PC?-these can cause problems with games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users