» «
Photo

[IV] Console Reflections Mod

5 replies to this topic
TopHat01
  • TopHat01

Public Enemy #1

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:44 AM Edited by TopHat01, 16 April 2012 - 05:49 AM.

I've always preferred the look of the world reflections on the console versions of IV and EFLC, but I could never find a mod for PC that could achieve simply that without radically modifying the timecyc.dat file. I took upon myself to create this simple modification of the timecyc.dat file that only increases the global reflection value for each time of day to match that of the console versions as close as possible, the rest is unchanged.

Compatible with IV and EFLC, all patch versions.

My screenshots had the following display settings after some close comparisons with the console version:
Brightness 3
Contrast 3
Saturation 8

Console graphics settings are as follows:
Resolution 1280 x 720 @ 20 -30 fps (I recommend setting this to native resolution for best picture)
Texture Quality Medium
Reflection Resolution Medium
Water Quality Medium
Shadow Quality Medium (1.0.7.0) / High (1.0.4.0 and lower)
Night Shadows Off/Medium (console versions are mixture as certain things have shadows (interiors, people in your headlights) while others don't (streetlights, etc.)
Anisotropic Filtering 2x
View Distance 21
Detail Distance 10
Vehicle Density 33
Definition off
Vsync off (though for PC you can set to ON, then use the -refreshrate 32 and -frameLimit 1 commandline flags to lock framerate to 30 FPS)

INSTALL
Copy "timecyc.dat" to the following directories (usually in your Program Files (X86) folder if retail/disc, Steam/steamapps if Steam version)
IV
GTAIV\pc\data
EFLC
EFLC\TBoGT\pc\data
EFLC\TLAD\pc\data

REMEMBER TO BACKUP THE ORIGINAL FILE BEFORE COPYING!

ENJOY!
Mirror 1 Download
SCREENSHOT 1
SCREENSHOT 2
SCREENSHOT 3
SCREENSHOT 4

Alt
  • Alt

BugBear's Fan

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Nice, but what version did you modify (IV, TLAD, TBOGT)? I think would be better to make several mods for each one.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Wouldn't using the console timecyc achieve this?

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

I like it!

Good work.

TopHat01
  • TopHat01

Public Enemy #1

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:22 PM Edited by TopHat01, 16 April 2012 - 11:24 PM.

@Alt: All versions (IV, TBoGT, TLAD) use the timecyc.dat file for weather, reflections, etc. therefore this file is compatible with both EFLC and IV. (And on console the reflections between different versions are the same) I did most of my testing in TBoGT by editing it's default timecyc, and just applied it to TLAD and IV.

@nkjellman: If you have it/can find it, let me know as I'd like to see it, as you're most likely right. I couldn't find anything after several searches I decided to mod the PC one instead.

@quechus13: Thanks!

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Why not use real console timecyc's i already got my timecyc from my 360 using IV's and EFLC's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users