Original xlive.dll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic
New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

I am looking for the original xlive.dll that came with GTA IV. I replaced it with the xliveless version (without backing up...stupid i know) now I am trying to find the original unmodded version so I can play multiplayer. Any way I can get the file off of the install discs without having to reinstall my game.

Thanks

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

Sorry, but sharing original game files isn't allowed here.

You should look in the mod rar, I think there's a back up. smile.gif

New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:02 AM Edited by New2Gta4, 16 April 2012 - 03:05 AM.

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 02:55)

I'm not asking for a download, I'm just wondering how I could get the original xlive.dll from the install disc without reinstalling the game.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (New2Gta4 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 03:02)
QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 02:55)

You should look in the mod rar, I think there's a back up. smile.gif

No offense but i wouldn't exactly trust a download someone would give me, I dont want a virus. Im jw how I could get the original xlive.dll from the install disc without reinstalling the game.

Here's the solution: GTAIV Recoverer smile.gif

New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 03:06)
Here's the solution: GTAIV Recoverer smile.gif

Doesnt appear to support recovering xlive.dll. sad.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

There isn't an original xlive.dll on the disk, not an updated one. If you have a xlive.dll file in the game directory, delete it. Then make sure to have this GFWL update installed.

New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 05:31)
There isn't an original xlive.dll on the disk, not an updated one. If you have a xlive.dll file in the game directory, delete it. Then make sure to have this GFWL update installed.

Did that it did not give me a new xlive.dll

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

The original xlive.dll is placed in the system directory.

New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:39 PM Edited by New2Gta4, 17 April 2012 - 12:08 AM.

Ironically enough I don't need xlive.dll at all. simply by renaming xlive.dll to something else I can bypass it and play online, the trade off being I can't access my save game file I downloaded online, but I dont need to load that when I play multiplayer, I only downloaded it to have everything unlocked when I play single player.

So I actually wrote a couple of simple batch files i put on my desktop. one for when I want to play single player and one for when I want to play multiplayer. The bacth file will rename xlive.dll accordingly then launch the gta iv lancher.

I really don't get why the maker of xliveless disabled multiplayer to begin with. They say its to prevent cheating, but then why create it in the first place anyway. Thats like me saying I don't condone drug useage but I'll sell you some drugs and just restrict where you use them...utterly pointless but aleast I got good workaround now to be able to use my downloaded savegame and access multiplayer. I will be posted a thread to share he workaround: http://www.gtaforums...entry1061233824

It will allow you to easily toggle between using XLiveless and being able to access your save game downloaded online and disabling it for when you want to play multiplayer.

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:13 AM Edited by YankeesPwnMets, 17 April 2012 - 12:17 AM.

You are obviously completely misunderstanding the point of xliveless. Xliveless is for people to access downloaded savegames and for people who don't care at all about multiplayer. RGSC and GFWL cause problems with the game and for people like that, xliveless allows them to run the game. Not everyone cares about GTA IV MP like you.....

So in short: Xliveless is for people who don't play on multi.... not many people go on these days anyways.

New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (YankeesPwnMets @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 00:13)
You are obviously completely misunderstanding the point of xliveless. Xliveless is for people to access downloaded savegames and for people who don't care at all about multiplayer. RGSC and GFWL cause problems with the game and for people like that, xliveless allows them to run the game. Not everyone cares about GTA IV MP like you.....

So in short: Xliveless is for people who don't play on multi.... not many people go on these days anyways.

In that lies my problem. I don't care about the storyline missions, so I downloaded a complete save game file so everything can be unlocked for me to roam aaround and do whatever or play LCPDFR. However I also want to play MP sometimes, which until I figured out this workaround of disabling XLiveless when I want to play MP was not possible because the author apparently thinks that if you want to cheat and use a downloaded savegame file you shouldn't be able to access MP, which is just plain wrong.

Why say Im going to give you this mod to allow you to cheat just to punish you by disabling other features of the game, namely MP access.

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

Holy smoking snap. Your savegames don't have a SMOKING THING to do with multiplayer. You can be at 100% or just started the game and it won't affect your multiplayer ranking in any way, shape or form. The problem with downloaded savegames is that Games For Windows Live will only accept games saved by the profile that you are using. Therefore, it someone else created a savegame with their own GFWL profile, you wouldn't be able to load the game on your own GFWL profile. Xliveless disables GFWL so that you can load those savegames created by other profiles.

Quit talking out of your ass and find out the facts first before creating such an absurd post like the one you created above.

New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:18 AM Edited by New2Gta4, 17 April 2012 - 01:29 AM.

QUOTE (YankeesPwnMets @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 00:47)
Holy smoking snap. Your savegames don't have a SMOKING THING to do with multiplayer.

Except for the fact that just as I mentioned to load a complete save game file for single player play I need XLiveless, which disables MP. Which is why I disable XLiveless when I want to play MP.

You sir are the one talking out of their ass here. Please go troll elsewhere.

On that note I will not be responsing to any more trolling remarks, I will simply let the topic fall to the bottom or be locked by a MOD.

user posted image

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

You didn't even need xliveless. All you had to do was to do the first mission (The Cousins Bellic) which involves driving a few blocks to Roman's house. The mission takes less then 5 minutes to complete.... and then you could have just access MP through the phone. You don't need a 100% savegame to get into multiplayer.

You're the one who has no clue what you're talking about, yet you're the one calling me the troll. I like your logic *sarcastic*

And your unnecessary photo is stretching the page like crazy..

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (New2Gta4 @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 01:39)
I really don't get why the maker of xliveless disabled multiplayer to begin with. They say its to prevent cheating, but then why create it in the first place anyway. Thats like me saying I don't condone drug useage but I'll sell you some drugs and just restrict where you use them...utterly pointless

You have to realize when you post stupid stuff like this you're bound to get some attention.

New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 05:23)
QUOTE (New2Gta4 @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 01:39)
I really don't get why the maker of xliveless disabled multiplayer to begin with. They say its to prevent cheating, but then why create it in the first place anyway. Thats like me saying I don't condone drug useage but I'll sell you some drugs and just restrict where you use them...utterly pointless

You have to realize when you post stupid stuff like this you're bound to get some attention.

It's true. I use XLiveless so I can use a complete savegame file when I play single player to have everything unlocked. But then I can never play multiplayer without first disabling it if i want to. And that is posintless. Unless you only ever want to just always play single player, always just want to play MP, don care about only haveing access to Bohan on signle player, or actually care to complete the missions.

I'm sorry but neither one of those fit me, and im sure i'm not the only one.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

xliveless was made by a member named listener and it's meant for offline play. Since xliveless DISABLES GFWL COMPLETELY and also bypasses RGSC, it only makes sense it takes out MP component at the same time. xliveless is nothing more but a wrapper library which partly emulates GFWL functionality by providing empty stub functions for many of the original GFWL client calls. That basically means when the game calls for some GFWL function xliveless library just replies how everything is OK without actually doing anything.

This library makes the game available in offline mode with full savegame functionality, which is enabled only through GFWL client. Hence the name, xliveless = xlive + less = witthout xlive, that is GFWL.

If you need something for online play, xliveless is not for you. There is nothing wrong with its functionality, you simply don't understand what you want.

I have to say I have never seen anyone on this board complaining about xliveless functionality and I've been around a while.

New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:23 PM Edited by New2Gta4, 17 April 2012 - 05:32 PM.

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 16:32)
xliveless was made by a member named listener and it's meant for offline play. Since xliveless DISABLES GFWL COMPLETELY and also bypasses RGSC, it only makes sense it takes out MP component at the same time. xliveless is nothing more but a wrapper library which partly emulates GFWL functionality by providing empty stub functions for many of the original GFWL client calls. That basically means when the game calls for some GFWL function xliveless library just replies how everything is OK without actually doing anything.

This library makes the game available in offline mode with full savegame functionality, which is enabled only through GFWL client. Hence the name, xliveless = xlive + less = witthout xlive, that is GFWL.

If you need something for online play, xliveless is not for you. There is nothing wrong with its functionality, you simply don't understand what you want.

I have to say I have never seen anyone on this board complaining about xliveless functionality and I've been around a while.

I know what I want. There is no way to get it without enabling/disabling xliveless depdning on whetther I want to access MP at that particulat time.

Like it would be seriously so hard to make a version that bypasses the same game check and not disable multiplayer. In fact the author himself states he puposlfully disabled multiplayer to discourage cheating. Which if he really wants to discourage cheating why make Xliveless in the first place, as its whole premise is to allow me to cheat in essence by using a save game file that is not mine.

Now its simple enough to enable/disable xliveless by renaming the dll, as as I do its really simple when you use a batch file to do that for your. THe biggest drawback is if I am playing SP mode I cannot login to GFWL and see who is online or message people to orginaize a MP session. I have to have my laptop with me and login to the xbox live website to see who is online and access messages, then if I do joint a MP game, I have to close GTA IV and run my batch file to disable xliveless so I can.

That's annoying but not too big of a deal really. I'm just stating the concept of disabling MP is pointless. The mod could just as easily tell the game everything is ok when it checks the save game file to see if it's mine without interfering with MP access.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

He wanted to prevent cheating online by means of his tool. And he did that.

New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:36 PM Edited by New2Gta4, 17 April 2012 - 05:41 PM.

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 17:32)
He wanted to prevent cheating online by means of his tool. And he did that.

That makes no sense. sigh.gif

As previosuly mentioned the save game file has nothing to do with multiplayer. Aside from the fact that to prevent people sharing save game files it is ties tot he GFWL ID that created it. Xliveless fixes that but at the expense of completley disabling MP access. Which is pointless. I don't know how many other ways to put that.

But then i suppose at least you are resulting to insults and name calling, so I will happliy just agree to disagree with you about whether the disabling MP with Xliveless is or is not pointless. It seems to me all the author is doing is saying here I'll allow you to cheat by using someone elses save game file but in return i'll punish you for doing so by disabling MP access.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

You simply do not understand and I shall not bother further.

xliveless has many functions one among which is a plugin loader. xliveless can load plugins which can be used to cheat in multiplayer. Got it?

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:05 PM Edited by YankeesPwnMets, 17 April 2012 - 09:09 PM.

You are obviously thoroughly confused about what xliveless does. It would have been easier for you to just ask us instead of acting like you knew what you were talking about.

I've seen some very dumb posts in this section before, but this one definitely ranks up there as one of the dumbest posts I've ever read in this section...

If you actually took some time to google "xliveless" you would have found a feature:

* all game variables are made unprotected and can be accessed and changed by the trainers, control centers and other tools

Those "variables" he described can be used to cheat multiplayer. Things like car spawners, weapon spawners, etc would be able to be used in multiplayer. Therefore, it has to be disabled to prevent people from doing that. It isn't that hard to put two and two together.....
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=388658

New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:10 PM Edited by New2Gta4, 17 April 2012 - 10:13 PM.

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 19:16)
You simply do not understand and I shall not bother further.

xliveless has many functions one among which is a plugin loader. xliveless can load plugins which can be used to cheat in multiplayer. Got it?

Wow that makes even less sense. I mean what in the wworld does that have to do with loading save game files. Sounds like it should be a completley difftent mod. When i downloaded the save game file it said i needed xliveless to access it. Nowhere did anything say anything about all that other unnecessary junk.

So then is there something thaqt can allow me to load a downloaded save game without all the unnecessary excess junk and that will allow me to access MP?

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

I'd hate to put this in caps, but if it gets the point across, then so be it

XLIVELESS DOES MORE THEN LOAD SAVEGAMES!

Did you even bother to read the link? http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=388658

If you're so unhappy, go make the damn thing yourself. I' doubt you'd even know how to get started. If you can't do it yourself, then quit complaining. People aren't going to hand things to you on a silver patter. Xliveless has a purpose and it serves its purpose well.

New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (YankeesPwnMets @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 22:51)
I'd hate to put this in caps, but if it gets the point across, then so be it

XLIVELESS DOES MORE THEN LOAD SAVEGAMES!

Did you even bother to read the link? http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=388658

If you're so unhappy, go make the damn thing yourself. I' doubt you'd even know how to get started. If you can't do it yourself, then quit complaining. People aren't going to hand things to you on a silver patter. Xliveless has a purpose and it serves its purpose well.

Go troll elsewhere you f*cking retard. Did you not read a thing I posted.

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

Holy crap our words are obviously not getting through your thick skull.

Forget it. You're a waste of time to deal with in the first place. Our words must be too difficult for your immature mind to be able to comprehend in the first place.

New2Gta4
  • New2Gta4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (YankeesPwnMets @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 01:11)
Holy crap our words are obviously not getting through your thick skull.

Forget it. You're a waste of time to deal with in the first place. Our words must be too difficult for your immature mind to be able to comprehend in the first place.

You're the one not paying attention to what i'm saying go ahead go way you waste of space.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (New2Gta4 @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 03:40)
So then is there something thaqt can allow me to load a downloaded save game without all the unnecessary excess junk and that will allow me to access MP?

No. Plain and simple.

/topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users