Photo

Glowing headlights on retail version?

6 replies to this topic
NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Would this be possible, via an .exe hex edit? Supposedly it's tied to the .exe.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

Download the Xbox mod. It has a headlight asi plugin. It works perfectly and looks like the beta version. cool.gif

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:09 AM Edited by NewportByChrysler, 16 April 2012 - 12:42 AM.

Well, ya mean the PS2 version.
I had the Bigbawks mod, but I was dumb enough to delete it. confused.gif Will redownload and use that. How exactly does that .asi work? Does it find the address in the .exe for the headlights and enable it?
EDIT:Well, i'm using it, and the headlights on all the cars seem to be Xenon lights, which isn't correct, plus the coronas are supposed to be bigger/wider. Also, the headlights clip through the fenders/hood, which looks terrible.
Here's how it is on the STEAM version.
http://img3.imagesha...11042500002.jpg

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (NewportByChrysler @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 18:09)
Well, ya mean the PS2 version.
I had the Bigbawks mod, but I was dumb enough to delete it. confused.gif Will redownload and use that. How exactly does that .asi work? Does it find the address in the .exe for the headlights and enable it?
EDIT:Well, i'm using it, and the headlights on all the cars seem to be Xenon lights, which isn't correct, plus the coronas are supposed to be bigger/wider. Also, the headlights clip through the fenders/hood, which looks terrible.
Here's how it is on the STEAM version.
http://img3.imagesha...11042500002.jpg

Yeah that's what I meant by it looks more beta. If you watch e3 gameplay videos you'll know what I'm talking about. But yeah, if it bothers you that much, GTA 3 is 10 dollars on steam.

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

I don't wanna waste 10 bucks just so I can get accurate glowing headlights. tounge.gif
Anyways, so there's no way in hell you can hex edit the EXE and enable the flare? GTAmodding wiki doesn't even have a page for .exe memory addresses for GTAIII. confused.gif
Also, sibs, I saw your topic about rain reflections, I have a GT240 and I have them.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (NewportByChrysler @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 00:22)
I don't wanna waste 10 bucks just so I can get accurate glowing headlights. tounge.gif
Anyways, so there's no way in hell you can hex edit the EXE and enable the flare? GTAmodding wiki doesn't even have a page for .exe memory addresses for GTAIII. confused.gif
Also, sibs, I saw your topic about rain reflections, I have a GT240 and I have them.

Like I said, they only appear with older drivers. I wish there was also an exe edit for that. =/ Seems all people care about is SA and IV modding these days.

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 07:02)
QUOTE (NewportByChrysler @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 00:22)
I don't wanna waste 10 bucks just so I can get accurate glowing headlights.  tounge.gif
Anyways, so there's no way in hell you can hex edit the EXE and enable the flare? GTAmodding wiki doesn't even have a page for .exe memory addresses for GTAIII.  confused.gif 

Like I said, they only appear with older drivers. I wish there was also an exe edit for that. =/ Seems all people care about is SA and IV modding these days.

Exactly, and let's just say they're not the best GTA's. Maybe when Filip comes back he can cook something up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users