Quantcast

» «
Photo

gta 3 era characters

63 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want old characters to appear in GTA 5? (241 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want old characters to appear in GTA 5?

1. Yes, I want an old, overused worn-out character to miraculously appear in the "V" era! (87 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. No, I want brand new, unique characters to appear in the "V" era! (145 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:31 PM Edited by universetwisters, 15 April 2012 - 09:17 PM.

whats up with all these people demanding the return of gta 3 era characters? would they rather play as CJ again, or have a new unique protagonist?

EDIT: I'm not aware that there was ever any in-depth discussion regarding old characters appearing. And even if there was, it is most likely buried behind all these silly "leaks"

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Some people would like that. Other series, including Max Payne, have remade their characters in HD. But Rockstar feels the graphics in pre-GTA IV games defined those characters as too cartoonish to exist in an HD interpretation of the world.

DeadWorld
  • DeadWorld

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

I'm not going to be harsh but next time use the search function, but I'm still happy to answer your question. I would rather have a new protagonist, Cj was a brilliant character to play as, but I wouldn't like to play the same character.

Sean5
  • Sean5

Erin go Braugh

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

although CJ was my favourite protag, I'd still prefer if they made a whole new one. I'd still like to see him in the game though, but it's not gonna happen sad.gif

JOHNSUN
  • JOHNSUN

ThaGtaDude

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

God damn newfag noobs piss me off so bad... makes me wanna suicidal.gif
So you can look at these pictures showing my feelings towards you.

user posted image

user posted image

icon13.gif

yawn.gif

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (JOHNSUN @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 20:45)
God damn newfag noobs piss me off so bad... makes me wanna suicidal.gif
So you can look at these pictures showing my feelings towards you.

user posted image

user posted image

icon13.gif

yawn.gif

Wow, I didn't realise I went onto 4chan...

I'm with you OP (even though this has been covered a thousand times). I don't understand those who want returning characters instead of new ones.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

No the beauty of GTA is that I can play as different characters and I haven't disliked any of them.

Anyway people really need to get over the 3 era.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

i would rather play as a new protagonist than an previous one. smile.gif

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Most people want new protagonists and fresh storylines but are just nostalgic about past games. Simple as that, they hope to see some reminders of the old days. Like when your grandmammy bakes cookies for you in college and you suddenly feel like a kid again even though in reality youre a drunken adult.

STAR_KILLER423
  • STAR_KILLER423

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

I just want to see them as a cameo appearance like Claude in SA. I don't think any of them should play a major role but just have them referenced or like I said make a little appearance of some sort

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

As an Easter Egg, why not?

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Your choices aren't impartial at all.

EDIT - there are references to GTA III era characters in IV....

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:38 PM Edited by gionascm2, 15 April 2012 - 10:03 PM.

I want an old, overused character to miraculously appear in GTAV biggrin.gif

(of course it won't happen though)

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Why not?They also are part of the gta universe.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

What a loaded poll, bias much?

Sean5
  • Sean5

Erin go Braugh

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Wtf is the 'V' era. Its 2D, 3D, HD.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

I think the poll is stupidly biased.

Voted for yes.

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

I would like an old character to appear in some way but I don't want to play as them.

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:38 AM Edited by florisinfernus, 16 April 2012 - 12:40 AM.

Yes, I want an old, overused worn-out character to miraculously appear in the "V" era!

You shouldn't involve your mom in this discussion..

nixion
  • nixion

Zaibatsu Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

3 era characters i would have to say no to, it would just be odd trying to wrap my head around. i would like to see some IV era character, but just a minimal amount.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

Anyone who doesn't want a return isn't a true gta fan. NO if's but's and maybe's and if you're not a fan go play cod i'm sure you'll love their eras

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

^^ It's been like 9 games and they're still in the same era lol.gif

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (DeadWorld @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 20:36)
I would rather have a new protagonist, Cj was a brilliant character to play as, but I wouldn't like to play the same character.

Exactly how I feel! biggrin.gif

LegendOfTheWest
  • LegendOfTheWest

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

When you say 'overused worn-out character to miraculously appear in the "V" era' that's only because your don't want CJ, Tommy or anyone to re-appear.
I'd love for at least one previous protagonist to appear from the GTA 3 'Era' then I would love to see the look on your faces. icon14.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

No. Apart from nostalgia there's no reason to bring back any GTA III era character because they're either dead or there's nothing else that needs to be told about them.

The best way to remember the GTA III era characters is in their resepective games. GTA should move forward instead of being stuck in a time warp.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 11:42)
No. Apart from nostalgia there's no reason to bring back any GTA III era character because they're either dead or there's nothing else that needs to be told about them.

The best way to remember the GTA III era characters is in their resepective games. GTA should move forward instead of being stuck in a time warp.

icon14.gif I agree with this.

Some people need to move.

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

By the look of cars and whatnot in the trailer, GTA V probably takes place in the late 00's.

Most of III-era characters are old or dead, like someone else said.

But I get why people want a character from previous games, it just makes the game feel that much better.

I can see the return of CJ as an antagonist:

"The Grove Street Families are to powerful, take their leader out!"

LegendOfTheWest
  • LegendOfTheWest

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

there's nothing else that needs to be told about them.

I disagree. Myself, and many other true fans of the GTA series would love to see a continuation of Tommy Vercetti or Carl Johnsons storyline.
It's something we never get in a GTA game, we never get a continuation or a 'what happened next?'

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:55 PM Edited by Miamivicecity, 16 April 2012 - 01:02 PM.

QUOTE (Legendary912 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 23:27)

I disagree. Myself, and many other true fans of the GTA series would love to see a continuation of Tommy Vercetti or Carl Johnsons storyline.
It's something we never get in a GTA game, we never get a continuation or a 'what happened next?'

Are you implying I'm not a true GTA fan? I mean what else is there to tell? CJ and Tommy accomplised everything they set out to do. Other than seeing them older it seems like a complete waste of time to continue their stories after such a long hiatus.

Besides in Tommy's case Ray Liotta had a fall out with R* just after VC came out, so his character would never be the same as they would most likely hire someone else and IMO Ray Liotta made Tommy who he was. I don't think anyone else could replace him.

I always thought it was better to remember these characters in their original state and use our own imaginations of what they're up to. I can guarantee if R* tried something like this there'd be fans bitching and moaning that they've somehow screwed up and ruined these characters.

A "true" GTA fan should let the past go and look ahead instead of looking back on the glory days which were good, but it's time to move on. By that I don't mean stop playing the GTA III era GTAs because I even still play them, but what I mean is for GTA V and beyond. I want to see new characters and stories.

The best way to remember these great characters of GTA's past is in their original glory.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 13:55)
QUOTE (Legendary912 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 23:27)

Are you implying I'm not a true GTA fan? I mean what else is there to tell? CJ and Tommy accomplised everything they set out to do. Other than seeing them older it seems like a complete waste of time to continue their stories after such a long hiatus.

Besides in Tommy's case Ray Liotta had a fall out with R* just after VC came out, so his character would never be the same as they would most likely hire someone else and IMO Ray Liotta made Tommy who he was. I don't think anyone else could replace him.

I always thought it was better to remember these characters in their original state and use our own imaginations of what they're up to. I can guarantee if R* tried something like this there'd be fans bitching and moaning that they've somehow screwed up and ruined these characters.

A "true" GTA fan should let the past go and look ahead instead of looking back on the glory days which were good, but it's time to move on. By that I don't mean stop playing the GTA III era GTAs because I even still play them, but what I mean is for GTA V and beyond. I want to see new characters and stories.

The best way to remember these great characters of GTA's past is in their original glory.

i'm a fan of canon. everything must have an explanation, everything must have a proper ending. while i agree that it's better to leave the old era in the past, there are two things:

1) the old era has no ending. Nothing really ends, just stops in the middle.

what about tommy? he has defeat the forellis, BUT Rosemberg was sent out of town... he will return? he wants revenge ? we also know that tommy has a secretary, so he is still the "harwood butcher" or he has change his image a little bit?

Donald love? just disappear...

maria? who knows her fate...

the mafia in portland? salvatore is dead, but the mafia was still powerfull in town...

2) ok, the lack of an ending in the III-era could be ignored... unfortunately, R* itself forces us remember the old era and all the unresolved stories!!! they put easter eggs in-game that raise our curiosity ("donald love pays taxes"... he is still alive? what's his story? love fist are in town... there's still tommy behind them? CJ on billboards... he is still famous?) but, worse of all, they don't answer our questions on purpose!!! like the Q&A about GTA III, they give us a lot of expectation ("ask what you want!!!"), and when we finally belive in a proper answer.... they says something like "we don't know" or "may be...or may be not".

So, i think a lot of us wants old characters again to finally have a real ending. We coukld have an ending to the old era with the "RIP" graffiti, but in the same game (and the EFLC) we have tons of references, so i can think of it as a real ending.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users