Photo

Aiming and shooting mecanics

40 replies to this topic
Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Auto-aim or Free aim ? And what about shooting mechanics ? more cinematic ? more immersive ? What do you want about in this feature of Grand Theft Auto V ?

Tipper
  • Tipper

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

I much prefer free aim. Auto-aim makes gunfights boring and not challenging at all. That said, it should remain an option for those who don't care about the gunfights.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

IV was fine for me. Couldnt imagine what R* could do to improve it even further.

zackryderwoo
  • zackryderwoo

Why did I move here? I guess it was your mother.

• BUSTED!

There will always be a choice of Auto-aim and Free Aim. I know the game will be better than Max Payne, I just hope it looks as good.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

I liked Red Dead Redemption's system, in which there were three options: easy autoaim, difficult autoaim, and no autoaim. I want the cover system to actually matter. In GTA IV, it worked against you during multiplayer.

zackryderwoo
  • zackryderwoo

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 19:55)
I liked Red Dead Redemption's system, in which there were three options: easy autoaim, difficult autoaim, and no autoaim. I want the cover system to actually matter. In GTA IV, it worked against you during multiplayer.

I hope the multiplayer is like Red Dead where you wouldn't show up on the mini map unless you were sprinting. They could improve on this in GTA 5. If your'e on foot you'll show up on the min map if you are sprinting. If your'e in a car, you need to go a certain speed before you appear on the mini map. And if your'e in a helicopter or plane, your'e always on the mini map. And rocket launcher should be extremely rare in multiplayer.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Both. I don't think there was anything wrong with aiming / shooting in GTA IV. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I want the cover system to actually matter. In GTA IV, it worked against you during multiplayer.

This.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:18 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 15 April 2012 - 08:22 PM.

No auto aim. Lobbies for us pros are empty. Disable it in multiplayer or restrict it so the higher ranks can't use it.

As for shooting mechanics, no ultra-fast tap shooting and turbo controllers. Bring back the SA shooting mechanism where the reticule slowly shrinks instead of instantly, where you couldn't tap shoot faster than the gun itself on full auto.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (zackryderwoo @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 19:59)

I hope the multiplayer is like Red Dead where you wouldn't show up on the mini map unless you were sprinting. They could improve on this in GTA 5. If your'e on foot you'll show up on the min map if you are sprinting. If your'e in a car, you need to go a certain speed before you appear on the mini map. And if your'e in a helicopter or plane, your'e always on the mini map. And rocket launcher should be extremely rare in multiplayer.

No, you should show up on the at all times except when crouching, we don't need pussies hiding.
OT: Auto-aim shouldn't be in multiplayer. Option for SP.

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:56 PM Edited by spike88, 15 April 2012 - 09:07 PM.

Gun fights are much more exciting with auto-aim off, you're more likely to hit cars and other objects which adds the cinema effect, and it's easier to hit people behind cover.

Also I hope the reticule either comes in the basic format like RDR/Max Payne, or we get an option as it the dot looks a lot better than the circle.

The one thing I don't like about RDR is that you can't aim the reticule until you come out of over to take the shot, opening yourself up. In GTA you can peak your head out, align the target and then pop out to take the shot. While you are opening yourself up, it's not as open as you are in RDR.

Off-topic ish, I hope weapons have the same kick as they do in RDR and Max Payne(at least it appears the same from the trailers). In RDR it's easier to take out enemies, and your guns feel like they have a kick to them. In IV unless you get a headshot, the guns feel weak and pathetic.

Edit: If you use Free-aim in a regular match you should get more points. I was playing in a regular lobby the other day and came up against a group of 3 who were using auto-aim against my free-aim and then bragging that they were killing me more than I was killing them. While the death notice said Spike88 expertly killed xxxx, I still got the same 10 points. I ended up getting fed up, turning on auto-aim, and kicking their asses.

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Free aim obviously makes the game harder and I want a real challenging game. However, there will always be nOObs complaining so the best thing R* can do atm is an on/off toggle mode for auto-aim.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 20:18)
No auto aim. Lobbies for us pros are empty.

Your reasoning: Auto-aim is a more popular play option than free-aim; therefore R* should mandate free aim and remove the de facto fan favorite from V.

Here's something you should do in free aim: suicidal.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

In my opinion it worked very well in RDR.. having multiple aiming option but i always used free-aim anyway so it doesn't really matter that much to me

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (Vormek @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 21:04)
Free aim obviously makes the game harder and I want a real challenging game. However, there will always be nOObs complaining so the best thing R* can do atm is an on/off toggle mode for auto-aim.

For me... Rockstar will do the mp and the whole single player without Auto aim... Rockstar wants their games with the characteristics of a first person shooter... like CoD, Battlefield, Counter Strike... Max Payne 3 Will do it... and I hope that rockstar will do it in GTA too.
I want a real challenging game... Cover with low quality materials.. like max payne… and a better A.I system of the NPC's(Mafia workers, gangsters). And cinematic missions.. in a cinematic game... I hope that GTA V take things from max payne's shooting mechanics... that in fact is pretty awesome.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Just like GTA IV, you should choose which aiming mode you want, for amateur or hardcore gamers. It always worked well and never gave any problems.

For the shooting mechanics, I want a better cover system and maybe the return of some cinematic killings when you kill someone specific.
They improved it from GTA IV in Red Dead, so bringing the same mechanics to GTA V will make everything alright.

CoSm1c gAm3r
  • CoSm1c gAm3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

free aim and on PC not again mouse bug ! On pc when using mouse bullet spreed was not preset! But when using gamepad then bullets got spreed. Blind fire with mouse feels like cheating confused.gif not many people cared about this. What a shame. But rockstar just ignored it and never fixed it in any patch. Also aiming with mouse was crappy. When aiming to the right side and upper then precision was very poor but in opposite directions aiming precision was good... Dont make such mistakes rockstar!

RipGore
  • RipGore

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Autoaim is for kids and noobs. pff.

samyG
  • samyG

Uncivilized atheist looking to devour you when you're dead

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Should they introduce a prone position? They have crouching, of course but should we be able to go prone when we are, say, sniping from a rooftop? And yes, I can see how this can become a problem when in multiplayer.

zackryderwoo
  • zackryderwoo

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:43 PM Edited by zackryderwoo, 15 April 2012 - 10:46 PM.

Seriously, whats with all these retards moaning about auto-aim being in the game, saying it makes it to easy? Just toggle it off and use free aim. DERP

Here what you can do with your free aim only please hurp durp suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

I took away my auto aim in IV last year, and it was the best decision I ever made in GTAIV. biggrin.gif

In other words, I favor the free aim but I know for a fact R* will keep auto aim, even though it feels less immersive.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (zackryderwoo @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 22:43)
Seriously, whats with all these retards moaning about auto-aim being in the game, saying it makes it to easy? Just toggle it off and use free aim. DERP

Here what you can do with your free aim only please hurp durp  suicidal.gif   suicidal.gif   suicidal.gif   suicidal.gif

user posted image
Pretty much how I imagine the people moaning about it calling others pussies.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 00:40)
QUOTE (zackryderwoo @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 22:43)

Here what you can do with your free aim only please hurp durp  suicidal.gif   suicidal.gif   suicidal.gif   suicidal.gif

user posted image
Pretty much how I imagine the people moaning about it calling others pussies.

hahaha! xD

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (zackryderwoo @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 19:59)

I love this idea. It's as if the noise levels in real life correspond to a player's presence on the minimap. (Y)

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (samyG @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 21:40)
Should they introduce a prone position? They have crouching, of course but should we be able to go prone when we are, say, sniping from a rooftop? And yes, I can see how this can become a problem when in multiplayer.

Im for free aim, auto aim is for lazy people that dont like working for there kills or people with no skills at all and I agree I would like to see a prone position why not it couldn't hurt

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 12:18)
No auto aim. Lobbies for us pros are empty. Disable it in multiplayer or restrict it so the higher ranks can't use it.

As for shooting mechanics, no ultra-fast tap shooting and turbo controllers. Bring back the SA shooting mechanism where the reticule slowly shrinks instead of instantly, where you couldn't tap shoot faster than the gun itself on full auto.

Im a good player, I've played most the games but, got tired of them cos I missed GTA IV. Anyway, if there are any good players like you ( at least you say you are no doubting or nothing though ) I'd love to play with some good players.

Cheddarhead7
  • Cheddarhead7

Lowrider

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

I want free aim. When I first played I tried using auto aim but it was terrible.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

2 letters

PC

Juice By Kayla Marie
  • Juice By Kayla Marie

space vision; blast off

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

free aim so much better! they should get rid of auto aim all together. weak

A320
  • A320

Official Member of the Anti-Realism Brigade

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Why the f*ck do people want to force others into playing GTA the way they think is best?

Let others choose the way they want to play the game. If you want to use manual aim online, there's a special lobby for it. Why do you care if others use it offline?

hockeysauce
  • hockeysauce

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (A320 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 20:03)
Why the f*ck do people want to force others into playing GTA the way they think is best?

This.

I keep seeing this, in almost every thread. What is with this place? What's wrong with OPTIONS?

We all paid the same price for the game, we should be able to play SP however we damn well please.

The more options, the better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users