» «
Photo

The Bing

160 replies to this topic
GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:08 PM Edited by GTA-King, 08 March 2013 - 06:55 PM.

Just finished ep. 1 of season 3. Loved it! I can tell this is going to be a great season. I can't think of anything else that has used this song more perfectly:

user posted image
Adriana. inlove.gif

Trevor Phillips Enterprise
  • Trevor Phillips Enterprise

You look like you struggle with simple tasks

• Members

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

Yeah, I wanna screw Adrianna too. Especially in the episode you just watched! (The tennis scene).

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Wreckless Jake @ Friday, Mar 8 2013, 19:55)
Yeah, I wanna screw Adrianna too. Especially in the episode you just watched! (The tennis scene).

Oh hell yeah! I'll admit, I paused it a few times during that scene. I even considered fapping.

Loved the bit when what's-his-name pissed in the pool. lol.gif

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Aw Adrianaaaaaaa Aw Aw AWWWWWWWW inlove.gif

Annyywaayyyy.......

I always loved the showdowns between Tony and Richie Aprile, the following one being my favourite. I just loved the way it was directed when the women leave the room and there's just Tony and Richie standing there staring at each other. You can really feel tension.

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Wreckless Jake @ Friday, Mar 8 2013, 19:55)

Is This permitted on GTAnet?

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Just finished ep. 2. Anyone else notice Mama Soprano's CGI'ed face?

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

^^Yup, Nancy Marchand (her actress) passed away during filming. David Chase decided to make her final scene based on already existing footage and her face CGI'ed onto a stand-in. Kinda sad, really. Apparently Season 3's plot was gonna focus a lot more on her testifying against Tony over those stolen airline tickets from Season 2, but it had to be scrapped, obviously.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

^ Wow, that is pretty sad. I just figured her contract was up or something. confused.gif

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

How the f*ck did you even notice that on first viewing King?

It was only after I learned of Nancy Merchand's death that I observed (the albeit poor) fx that was utilised for that ep. You sure have a sharp eye King...or maybe I just have a subsequently poor eye. But having now grinded the whole series to it's very core, you ultimately recognise the lines from previous eps involving Livia that were recylced for that scene. Shame really, as the producers apparently initially had a large storyline involving Tony's Ma planned out for season 3. R.I.P. to a legendary actress.

Did you like the awkward living room scene? Black humour at its best!

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

"dead Livia" makes several appearances on the show following the death of Nancy.

just wait until you get to Tony's dream sequence where he finds her standing alone on the stairs.
creepiest moment of the entire show.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by GTA-King, 09 March 2013 - 02:24 AM.

@The Scottish Guy: I'm very observant when it comes to TV shows I like... or anything I like for that matter. monocle.gif

And yeah, loved the living room scene. Good stuff! I'm about to start the next episode. icon14.gif

Uh oh... A.J. just passed out. Like father like son!

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Ralphie is a f*cking prick! lol.gif

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Yeah it was a shame she died, I think the storyline with her testifying would have been great. Who thinks it would have resulted in her getting whacked? I think they would make it look like an accident, suffocated in her sleep or pushed downstairs or something. If not I think she would have kept her mouth shut.

Love your sig GTA-King!

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:27 PM Edited by GTA-King, 12 March 2013 - 09:03 PM.

QUOTE (Wreckless Jake @ Sunday, Mar 10 2013, 21:22)
Love your sig GTA-King!

Thanks! Limitless made it for me.

I'm on episode 9 by the way. Ralphie just got promoted to Captain since the other one died from a heart disease (on the toilet of all places lol.gif). I can tell already that he's going to cause problems as Captain. Guy is too much of a loose canon. I hope Tony whacks his ass.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

The Bing would be a nice concept for a multiplayer gang. You could have your gang dress like Sopranos characters etc. If strip bars are in GTA V, you'd also get a sweet base/hangout.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Sunday, Mar 10 2013, 14:49)
If strip bars are in GTA V...

lol.gif "if" he says.

I think it's a pretty a safe bet.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

The strip joint in Alderney looks just like the one in The Sopranos. A spitting image, in my opinion.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

that's because the strip club in Alderney is a specific reference to The Sopranos.
Jersey. the mob.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:49 AM Edited by GTA-King, 11 March 2013 - 08:37 AM.

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Sunday, Mar 10 2013, 21:49)
The Bing would be a nice concept for a multiplayer gang. You could have your gang dress like Sopranos characters etc. If strip bars are in GTA V, you'd also get a sweet base/hangout.

Dude, if you really want to get that up and running, I'd totally do what I can to help! I really like that idea for a multiplayer gang. My character would be based off Paulie! He's my favorite character by the way. Funny, loyal, and seriously.... the gray manes in his hair are really badass. cool.gif

@El_Diablo: For sure! Just another example of R* using things from popular TV shows/Movies!

EDIT: Phil Bell kinda reminds me of Tony now that I think about...

user posted image

• Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:29 AM Edited by Wreckless Jake, 11 March 2013 - 11:31 AM.

I was thinking of starting a Sopranos themed GTA V gang, can't be bothered with making one now as GTA IV online has gone down hill and the community is full of gimps, but as soon as GTA V is released that's what I'd be looking to start.

@El_Diablo: The strip club in Alderney is based on Satin Dolls, a strip club in Lodi, New Jersey, however...that is also where Bada Bing was filmed!

I have a Bada Bing t-shirt!
user posted image

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Wreckless Jake @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 11:29)
I was thinking of starting a Sopranos themed GTA V gang, can't be bothered with making one now as GTA IV online has gone down hill and the community is full of gimps, but as soon as GTA V is released that's what I'd be looking to start.

Count me in icon14.gif I call Furio!

Nice t-shirt btw. Did you get that on The Sopranos tour by any chance? I would love to get the chance to go on that. Apparently the guy who played Vito Spatafore was the giude on a few of the tours!

In regards to the GTA IV/Sopranos relationship, this video should prove that R* definitely had TS in mind when developing IV.....

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Wreckless Jake @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 04:29)
@El_Diablo: The strip club in Alderney is based on Satin Dolls, a strip club in Lodi, New Jersey, however...that is also where Bada Bing was filmed!

yes that's exactly what I said tounge2.gif

Alderney = New Jersey
Phil Bell = Tony Soprano
Triangle Club = The Bing
The Bing = Satin Dolls, New Jersey

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 18:28)
Nice t-shirt btw. Did you get that on The Sopranos tour by any chance? I would love to get the chance to go on that. Apparently the guy who played Vito Spatafore was the giude on a few of the tours!

Nah I think it's from e-Bay! My ex girlfriend got it for me. What's this Soprano's tour? Sounds interesting.

I love that video, well edited.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:52 PM Edited by GTA-King, 12 March 2013 - 09:19 PM.

@The Scottish Guy: Great video! icon14.gif

I hate when people say that R* doesn't take references from popular Movies and TV shows... because that's obviously not true

@El_Diablo: Honkers is actually the name of the strip joint that parodies The Bing. The Triangle Club is in Bohan, not Alderney.

http://gta.wikia.com/Honkers_Gentlemen's_Club

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

well you know what I meant.

less nitpicking, more talking about the show.
have you gotten to the episodes with Tony, Ralphie, and their racing horse yet? Pie-O-My?

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

^ lol, nope but I'm already excited to see it! biggrin.gif

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 21:49)
well you know what I meant.

less nitpicking, more talking about the show.
have you gotten to the episodes with Tony, Ralphie, and their racing horse yet? Pie-O-My?

Season 4 mate.

I think King is currently working his way through the 3rd atm. Great episode that though.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

^ Yeah, I actually got 3 more episodes to go of season 3. Loving it! icon14.gif

ZerrickiShadow
  • ZerrickiShadow

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (Wreckless Jake @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 11:29)

I have a Bada Bing t-shirt!
user posted image

Where did you get that Wreckless Jake? It's an awesome shirt! But the only ones I could find just had the Bada Bing and the girl but I like the extra detail that one has, it feels more real.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Pine Barrens is definitely one of my favorite episodes from season 3! icon14.gif

Can someone tell me the name of that big fella that helps Uncle Jr. around? I always seem to miss it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users