» «
Photo

The Bing

160 replies to this topic
Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Wow! When was this created and how come I never saw it, such an awesome title as well! Nice.

This is not one of my favorite scenes from the series but none the less it is good and also funny for a few reasons that I will highlight. The part that caught my eye was when Tony and Phil were half way through the chase and then Phil throws out his ice cream, I mean common they are like children these guys! happy.gif

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

You guys might wanna check this out. It's too funny, the amount of times in The Sopranos that they say "Ooohh" and "Hoo" is bloody hilarious. Even I've started going "Oohh" now to everything lol.gif

Trevor Phillips Enterprise
  • Trevor Phillips Enterprise

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

Haha, best one is "Ohhh maroné!".

I'm up to season 6 for the third time, it gets even more tense each time I watch it, even when I know whats going to happen!

One of my favourite scenes is in the episode Live Free Or Die, when they talk to Finn about Vito Spatafore being homosexual, it's an hilarious scene, Chris makes me laugh "Vito a fag, big construction tycoon! Tone, when he was always saying he was greasing the union, who knew that's what he meant"...hahaha.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Just started watching it, currently at episode 6 from the first season. (Love it!)

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

What do you guys think happened in the last episode?

When I first watched it, I thought that's simply Chase's way of ending the show, nothing subtle or anything, however the members only guy did make me suspicious at first, but then I thought it was AJ's bodyguard or something since he entered the restaurant with AJ but after going through the net and seeing that huge writeup (you guys have probably read it) I'm pretty convinced Tony is dead, which really wasn't what I wanted for him. BUT, what I wanted doesn't matter, it was one of the... no, the BEST ending I've EVER seen. EVER.

AJ was a f*cking joke though.

David Chase is a f*cking genius. I'm waiting for that new show he's doing, which has Gandolfini in it! biggrin.gif

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

I hope he didn't get whacked, but Chase has left it open for us to think and decide for ourselves, which is an ending I prefer. What I'm more concerned about is the fate of Silvio after he was put in a coma after a botched hit in The Blue Comet. Even if Tony didn't get whacked he was going to get indicted on several RICO charges anyway after Carlo flipped.

I've watched this show from beginning to end 3 times now, should I give it a rest or watch it with commentary? biggrin.gif

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:53 PM Edited by Warlord., 19 August 2012 - 04:46 PM.

If Tony got whacked, who do you think is behind it?

I mean the Lupertazzis seem unlikely since they agreed to back off and look the other way if Phil was to get whacked, unless of course they were lying.

Btw, Meadow is the definition of wolf in sheep's clothing. She burns Tony's cash like hell by changing her mind about college whenever the f*ck she feels like it and I feel she directly contributed to the war between the Tony and Phil when she ran her damn mouth to Tony about Coco. f*cking ironic considering she's the one who said 'don't say anything' to Carmela when Tony was coming down the stairs.

Basically Meadow doesn't give a sh*t about Tony or Carmela. She uses Tony's power when it suits her and puts on this 'I want to help the underprivileged' bullsh*t facade to cover it up.

AJ on the other hand, what a f*cking pathetic mess. I mean really, when I saw him crying after Tony pulls him out of the pool, I was just disgusted.

Not to mention the complete U-Turn of his 'morals' when Tony and Carm got him that spot in that movie.

Funny thing is, AJ doesn't give two sh*ts about Tony or Carm either. He burns Tony's money by being a lazy bum, and then talks about 'morals'. One of the biggest hypocrites in the show.

But hey, what all of this is saying is how awesome of a show this is and how talented Chase is.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

The Lupertazzi's could have been behind it, maybe they wanted to get Phil out of the picture and then Tony so they could then fully control all the construction jobs and other sh*t that they had going on with Tony. With half of the Sopranos' top guys out of action they would have no trouble taking over North Jersey. The only reason I could see them wanting to get rid of Phil in the first place was because they obviously didn't want a war and his decision making was costing them alot, instead of business it was always personal with him and he could never let bygones be bygones.

Yeah if it wasn't for the Coco incident the war would have probably been avoided, but I wouldn't blame Meadown, the way Tony handled it was a bad decision, ofcourse he was going to be angry, but storming in there with a gun and curb stomping the guy? Come on, Tony was never fit to be the boss of a family really, but I guess that's what made it a good show.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:19 AM Edited by Warlord., 20 August 2012 - 01:37 AM.

Hmm. Yeah the Lupertazzis were always a scheming bunch.

What if, just what if Junior was behind it?

I mean I remember Janice hunting for some money of his, so he probably had the cash, and definitely had the connections.

Oh and I found a pretty interesting theory which says that Tony lives from here.

Its by 'AT'. Search for 'I have just watched the final scene again, and I think I got something together.' and you'll get to the comment.

I never thought of it this way really. The final scene could be showing us that Tony enters the diner, and before he sits down he envisions the possibility of him getting whacked and how it would be done, which means Tony might not have sat down in the diner at all, maybe he left after envisioning this. The fact that Tony's wearing a different shirt in his vision also supports this I think

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

This is one of the BEST TV SHOWS EVER!!!!!! I'm so sad it ended sad.gif

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Amen sister.

Hell, if Chase did a reboot, I'd definitely watch.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

Hey Warlord, do you think it's ever possible? It would be my dream rolleyes.gif

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Just started a new Sopranos marathon last night, watched the first 4. You people should join me!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Wreckless Jake @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 13:53)
Just started a new Sopranos marathon last night, watched the first 4. You people should join me!
icon14.gif

I'm somewhere around Season the middle of season 2. I'm so slow at watching it so I'm sure you'll catch up. It's so good. So many things I either forgot or overlooked or I didn't totally feel the weight of, first time 'round.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:27 PM Edited by GTA-King, 16 December 2012 - 09:17 PM.

About to start watching this for the first time. Can't believe I've never watched this show.

I'm pretty excited!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:04 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 17 December 2012 - 03:09 PM.

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 20:27)
About to start watching this for the first time. Can't believe I've never watched this show yet.

I'm pretty excited!

Enjoy, my friend. It will change they way you watch TV forever!

EDIT: Did you watch some? How do you find it so far?

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 19:27)
About to start watching this for the first time. Can't believe I've never watched this show.

I'm pretty excited!

I reckon you'll love it! It's my favourite.

I'm half way through season 1 now, this is one of my favourite scenes ever, from 1x06, Pax Soprana. Junior becomes “boss” of the family, when in reality, Tony remains the de facto boss. Clever move from Tony but in the end it caused him more hassle than what it’s worth.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 21:04)
Did you watch some? How do you find it so far?

Just finished the first episode. I can already tell I'm going to love this show. I think Tony's care for the ducks, and how it relates to his actual family, is a pretty interesting concept. He truly is a tragic character.

Also... surly his own mom won't put a hit on him?! monocle.gif

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Notice the difference in Tony's weight and also his accent when you watch episode 2, the pilot was shot in 1997, about a year before the rest of the season!

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

^ Wow, seriously? I did notice something different. So that explains it.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Tony's accent actually becomes a pretty interesting aspect as the show goes on. Looking at you, Kevin Finnerty.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 17:34)
^ Wow, seriously? I did notice something different. So that explains it.

Pre-production commenced in the summer of 1997, 1˝ years before the series debuted on TV. During this year break, James Gandolfini gained 60 pounds for the role of Tony and underwent voice coaching

@Fnorg: I hated those Kevin Finnerty dream episodes!.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

I really liked them! Then again, I liked the Johnny Pancakes storyline, so my judgment might not be the best tounge.gif

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Just finished watching all six seasons. What a fantastic tv show, probably my favorite of all time. Clever ending too! icon14.gif

Going to re-watch it soon.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 11:11)
Just finished watching all six seasons. What a fantastic tv show, probably my favorite of all time. Clever ending too! icon14.gif

Going to re-watch it soon.

I recommend re-watching it, there's so many little things that you pick up on that you didn't see during the first watch through. I'm on my 4th re-watch, that's how much I love this show, haha.

I like Tony's rant to Melfi in the episode From Where To Eternity

"Excuse me, let me tell you something...when America opened up the floodgates and let all us Italians in, what do you think they were doing it for? 'Cause they were trying to save us from poverty? No, they did it because they needed us. They needed us to build their cities and dig their subways, and to make them richer. The Carnegies and The Rockerfellers: they needed worker bees and there we were. But some of us didn't want to swarm around their hive and lose who we were. We wanted to stay Italian and preserve the things that meant something to us: honor and family and loyalty... and some of us wanted a piece of the action. Now we weren't educated like the Americans, but we had the balls to take what we wanted! And those other folks, those other... the, the JP Morgans, they were crooks and killers too, but that was the business right? The American Way."

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

I'm over half-way through season 4. Its kind of strange how my brain messed with the timeline of The Sopranos on my memory. The first time I watched The Sopranos was over the space of about a year and a half. I was watching it with my ex so we spread it out over time amongst other shows. I remember Ralph Cifaretto as guy who had been in one season or something but I realised he's in about 3 of them. We spread out episodes over time that it felt more real or something.

Anyway, Tony has just killed Ralph. I thought the start of Season 4 was a big slow and uneventful but I'm thinking it's just me. Some parts I remembered really well, others not.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

I watched the whole show in about three weeks and I'm going to start re-watching it this week.

Paulie and Silvio are probably my two favorite characters. Paulie because of his memorable jokes and Silvo because he is calm and collected but has a angry side.

Mr. Cozzarelli
  • Mr. Cozzarelli

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Aw, sh*t. Why did I read this topic? Now I have to watch the hole show all over again.
Madonn'!

Sopranos is epic. happy.gif

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Watched Pine Barrens last night for the umpteenth time, what an incredibly well written and hilarious episode. The question I have for everyone is, what do you think happened to the Russian? Since David Chase has left it open for the fans to decide.

I did a bit of rewinding and pausing on the scene where he takes a shot to the head, gets up and stumbles off. It just doesen't seem realistic to me that he could have got up and drove off in Paulies car, especially after nearly being choked to death, pistol whipped and shot.

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Best thing to have ever graced the small screen as far as I'm concerned.

It has everything you could ask for in a television series - drama, comedy, violence, sex, drugs - unless of course your a fan of sci-fi, in which case The Sopranos may not be for you!

I remember the show first hitting our screens here in the UK back in spring of '99 when I was 14. The first time I saw any of it was when the attempt on Tonys life by the two blacks was shown. I remember thinking... "f*ck yeah, this show looks great". Then of course we had the therapist scenes, which at that age I thought...."meh...f*ck this boring sh*t".

Then in '04 when series 5 was being aired, I decided to purchase the first season and give it another go. Haven't looked back since. I think I've seen every episode at least 10x each and still somehow pick up on things I missed before. Incredible dialogue and acting, storytelling, character development - just an all round masterpiece of a show.

Alot of people have compared The Wire to The Sopranos and recommended I give that show a try, but after looking into it, I can't say it has the same appeal to be honest. Might give it a shot in the future at some point.

To anyone who hasn't watched The Sopranos yet: Get on Amazon or Ebay or whatever and order a copy. If you are a fan of GTA and it's humour, I guarantee you will love The Sopranos. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users