Quantcast

» «
Photo

Concept Thread Section

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think a new section of this forum should be devoted exclusively to Concept Threads? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think a new section of this forum should be devoted exclusively to Concept Threads?

1. Yes. There are too many threads in the GTA Series Chat Section and there are not appropriate there. (14 votes [26.92%])

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

2. No. The GTA Series Chat section is sufficient enough for Concept Threads and it would not be he same without them. (38 votes [73.08%])

Percentage of vote: 73.08%

Vote
SWOT
  • SWOT

Il faut casser le noyau pour avoir l'amande!

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:15 AM Edited by SWOT, 15 April 2012 - 10:29 AM.

Do you think a new section of this forum should be devoted exclusively to Concept Threads? Vote and Discuss here.

Vote however you like but keep all your ideas and such in here. I know there have been many topics like this one before I'm hoping this one will sort the problem once and for all. If we can get a majority vote in favour of this motion, then something may be pushed through. If you are happy the way things are, then that's your opinion and it's respected.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

no. as a concept writer I cant see the volume of well written concepts going up, if anything it'll just jut increase the amount of bullsh*t "Neeko and Roaman sail to vice City and have an epic showdown with Tommy" concepts.

and if it extends to other game series's, replace Niko and Roman with Price and Soap, Vice City with Russia and Tommy with Makarov. it'd just breed bullsh*t.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 12:47)
no. as a concept writer I cant see the volume of well written concepts going up, if anything it'll just jut increase the amount of bullsh*t "Neeko and Roaman sail to vice City and have an epic showdown with Tommy" concepts.

and if it extends to other game series's, replace Niko and Roman with Price and Soap, Vice City with Russia and Tommy with Makarov. it'd just breed bullsh*t.

i can imagine that would be a big problem indeed confused.gif

perhaps the concept thread section could be heavily monitored to watch out for unoriginality and unfinished concepts? just a thought

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 12:47)

I see ur point man, but do you not find it a pain in the balls that the concepts are stuck with all the other threads when ur trying to find them? I know there's the Concept Thread Index but that list is gone too long and awkward as well.

Anyhow, it appears that there is only going to be one winner which is a shame sad.gif . Nevertheless, we'll wait until 111 votes have been cast to make a decision (as that is the official amount of people should be surveyed during a survey to ascertain an accurate reading).

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

fighting a losing battle mate, we were lucky to get them seperated from the other V threads a while ago, dont push our diminishing luck as it is.

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 15:53)
fighting a losing battle mate, we were lucky to get them seperated from the other V threads a while ago, dont push our diminishing luck as it is.

It's not over til the fat lady sings lad, still another 81 votes to be cast!

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

I think the best bet is having a revised concept thread index. I don't venture much (if at all) into the series general chat and I don't tend to look at concept threads either, but if the common complaint is a poor layout, you should maybe get together and make a new version? Contact the original owner of the topic and see if you can't organise things a little better.

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Craig @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 16:17)
I think the best bet is having a revised concept thread index. I don't venture much (if at all) into the series general chat and I don't tend to look at concept threads either, but if the common complaint is a poor layout, you should maybe get together and make a new version? Contact the original owner of the topic and see if you can't organise things a little better.

No I think a proper section would suffice more

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

aint all about what you think, excuse me for being a back-seat mod but mods do as they damn please, concept threads are rare these days as it is so there's no chance at the moment. try again in a year or so, once V has been released and exhausted.

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 16:52)
aint all about what you think, excuse me for being a back-seat mod but mods do as they damn please, concept threads are rare these days as it is so there's no chance at the moment. try again in a year or so, once V has been released and exhausted.

One question did u vote for or against?

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (SWOT @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 17:41)

You might well do, but I don't think we're going to create a separate section for concept threads.

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (Craig @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 17:08)
QUOTE (SWOT @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 17:41)

You might well do, but I don't think we're going to create a separate section for concept threads.

But shur do u not think that such threads belong in a GTA Series Section. Me, the reason I go to that section is primarily to look at the concepts. I have rarely ever touched any other topic. I mean this section should include topics regarding the actual GTA Series as a whole, rather than people's fictional ideas. i just feel that this section's purpose is for GTA Series topics rather than concepts and it does not fulfill it's desired purpose.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

People have varied ideas over what section their topic should go in. In terms of general series chat, it's so broad and so widespread that you can't really moderate it and tell people what to post, because it literally covers everything. People take inspiration from all GTA games, and based on their playing experience, they present a concept thread to say "that's how R* did it, this is how I'd do it". Some even take it a step further and produce a script or piece of prose for their expanded universe (usually posted in Writers' Discussion) and that's perfectly fine too. I don't agree that other topics get drowned out due to the sheer volume of concept threads. They may be hard to find, but a dedicated topic that's organised and written properly would be a bigger help and ease congestion.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (SWOT @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 17:01)
QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 16:52)

One question did u vote for or against?

against, we've got it just fine the way it is.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:47 PM Edited by AlexGTAGamer, 15 April 2012 - 09:53 PM.

I would say just contact Spaghetti Cat to update the Concept Thread Index topic with any new concept threads that have been made c. 2012 in the GTA Series Chat section.

But that topic is rather up to date, it was edited on January 31st of this year.

I'm a sucker for reading concept threads and I have my favorites, and I understand that you have the best interests for concept threads at heart, but having a complete section of the Forums dedicated to concepts does come with its negative points, as has already been discussed. confused.gif

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

I voted yes, for a simple reason; To keep the concept threads together. There are atleast 50, probably more, concept threads. It's hard to keep them all organised into a index topic, and if your looking for one, it's hard to find them in amongst all the other topics in that section.

Only negative thing; people that aren't interested in concept threads, will not make it a priody to check out the section, therefore, less views.

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 10:14)
I voted yes, for a simple reason; To keep the concept threads together. There are atleast 50, probably more, concept threads. It's hard to keep them all organised into a index topic, and if your looking for one, it's hard to find them in amongst all the other topics in that section.

Only negative thing; people that aren't interested in concept threads, will not make it a priody to check out the section, therefore, less views.

^^ Only brainy person among ye and yes there has been a drought of late but that will pick up once V is released

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

^which is what I said?

with 31 to 8, that's proof enough that it isnt an urgent enough matter. we'll get our time once V gets released, so dont pet the burning dog...wait it out for another year I say.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (SWOT @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 16:27)

^^ Only brainy person among ye and yes there has been a drought of late but that will pick up once V is released

The last thing people are going to want to do when V is released is write a concept thread.

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Craig @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 17:04)
QUOTE (SWOT @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 16:27)

The last thing people are going to want to do when V is released is write a concept thread.

Oh jeez ya but I mean after when they've finished the game

SWOT
  • SWOT

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

C'mon lads Yes votes are picking up. Mon lads! icon14.gif

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

It's going to be at least 12 months until people finish V. If we feel the need to make an entire section for them, we will.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users