Quantcast

» «
Photo

Changing who is armed with which weapon.

6 replies to this topic
Jsmith1980
  • Jsmith1980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hi all, Im new to these forums and I just had a question about altering the coding on the PC version of Vice City.

I want to be able to alter the weapons the various characters would be carrying at a given time. I dont mean just during a mission, but anytime throughout the game.

For example.

The gangs (Cubans, Haitians and the Wannabes) are all carrying 45 pistols. What if I wanted to give one of the gangs Mac-10s and give another gang Tec-9s? Does anyone know how to do that.

Also during the missions, I would also like to arrange some of the weapon choices. Can this be done easily?

Thanks

Jsmith

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:14 PM Edited by Bad.boy!, 14 April 2012 - 06:17 PM.

I want to be able to alter the weapons the various characters would be carrying at a given time. I dont mean just during a mission, but anytime throughout the game.

You can either use a save game editor, or use this script (if you have cleo installed):
CODE
{$CLEO .cs}

0000: NOP

:NOP
1@ = X //Primary Weapon
2@ = X //Secondary Weapon
3@ = X // Gang

0237: set_gang 3@ primary_weapon_to 1@ secondary_weapon_to 2@
004E: end_thread

Replace X with a weapon or gang number, you can find the weapon and gang numbers in Sanny Builder help-->SCM Documentation-->GTA VC.

Also during the missions, I would also like to arrange some of the weapon choices. Can this be done easily?

You can search for mods for this. And if you want to make your own, no it's not easy (for a beginner).

Jsmith1980
  • Jsmith1980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Thanks Bad

I am a beginner. The only changes I have made so far are swapping around dff and txd files in the img file and altering the carcols file. I may have to find this CLEO application that you have mentioned.

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

You can download cleo on this site and Sanny Builder (used to make cleo scripts) here.

Jsmith1980
  • Jsmith1980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Thankyou very much for the info Bad.

I will do a bit of reading on this stuff before I try and change anything. I really dont want to have to reinstall Vice City again.

BnB
  • BnB

#OGAY_2014

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Jsmith1980 @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 20:37)
Thankyou very much for the info Bad.

I will do a bit of reading on this stuff before I try and change anything. I really dont want to have to reinstall Vice City again.

It won't harm your game, you can easily uninstall it if you want. Check the III Coding Directory , where you will find tutorials for CLEO, although, these tutorials are about SA they can be applied to VC as well.

Jsmith1980
  • Jsmith1980

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Thanks BnB

Those tutorials look really big. Im sure once I have read through them a couple of times, I will pick it up.

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users