Photo

Time limit on a network

5 replies to this topic
uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

- There's no local computers to be used. So no local software enforcing the limit rules can be used.
- The computers in use will be the ones that customers bring to the bar.

Can I enforce anything on the router to limit a certain connection? In x time.

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Yeah, the settings should be on the router. Type in the router adress on the browser which is usually 192.168.0.1 I think

And see if your router lets you do it. I used to do it for my brohers bed time which was funny because he couldnt use the ps3 or his laptop.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

I don't wan't to block every connection at 1PM. What I need is to disconnected a certain user when he has been connected for an hour, for example.

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (uNi @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 17:48)
I don't wan't to block every connection at 1PM. What I need is to disconnected a certain user when he has been connected for an hour, for example.

You can look at users connected and see how long they have been on for but im not sure mate, all I can say is have a look through the router settings when you are logged into the router.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Since you said customers I'm assuming this is a business. You didn't mention wired or wifi, so can I assume wifi?
I know this link is to a product in the UK and you might not live there but at least it's something that will get you pointed in the right direction http://www.broadband...?ProductID=3110

Linksys routers do have something that you could try to use but it's very limited http://www.cisco.com...080a35706.shtml
The worse part is that it's limited to 10 configurations.

I found one article where Netgear has something where you can not only limit the time (sort of) but also what type of sites can be visited, the problem there is that an extra piece of software has to be installed on both the main computer and the client computer as well. No customer is going to go for having to install something just to use the wifi.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

It is wireless, the first solution is great, but expensive. I can have a pc serving 24/h if needed, so I was aiming at a network monitor software, but it's not a easy find.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users