Photo

Fully Customizable and Optional Controls

1 reply to this topic
spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Midnight Club LA offered several different pre-defined control options and it allowed you to to customize your own controls. GTA on the other hand has always had pre-defined controls(Unless you're playing on PC). While the controls work, I'm probably not the only one who would like to see customizable controls.

The other thing Midnight Club LA offered with customizable controls is optional controls that you could map if you wanted to, such as Hydraulics, weight shift, convertible top, etc.

If Rockstar North added this to GTA V people could map things like:
Turn Signals
Convertible tops
Police Sirens(Airhorns, different lights, etc.)
Neon lights(If in the game)
Hydraulics(if in the game)
Surrendering(on foot, drops weapon and puts hands up)
Taunts
Chase Cam
Radio
Menu button*

The list goes on, if you don't want to use the function, you don't have to map it. Although certain functions should be set in stone(joysticks for movement and looking) and you are required to always have essential controls such as the cellphone, always mapped.

*The menu button would be a button that brings up an in game menu. From this menu you can use all the optional functions for cars(turn signals, hydraulics, etc), however it uses the joystick to control, so if you're driving you wont be in-control of the vehicle while the menu is open. This would allow you to have several added functions without sacrificing other controls you want.

Thoughts and opinions?

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

That is a great idea, i liked this feature in Midnight Club:LA, to be honest i'm fine with the default GTA controls but i only want to change one thing.. Aiming and shooting buttons, god i really hated to aim and shoot with L2 & R2 in GTA IV so if i could change that to L1&R1 i would be really happy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users