» «
Photo

GTA III

27 replies to this topic
Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:51 AM Edited by Dragonjack, 14 April 2012 - 04:57 AM.

Hello guys! i was just thinking... What was it like back in 2001 Playing GTA 3 in that year? ( i'm curious ) The Very First GTA game i played... is Grand theft auto Vice city back in 2003! it was amazing & i loved the 80s style feeling And it changed me the way "How I play Games Which is Grand theft auto" But i never really played GTA III And i felt bad Not playing that game For Ages sad.gif

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Back in 2001? Well pretty much the whole world was in shock from 9/11. Boy bands were still cool. Music was pretty much like what you heard on GTA III radio. I don't know, GTA 3 ACTUALLY feels like 2001.

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:25 AM Edited by markusizr, 14 April 2012 - 11:28 AM.

in 2001 are you crazy 9/11 was attacked NY
if rockstar make game in 2000 and NY terrorist attack shoudnt be in 2001

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award
    Helpfulness Award [Technology]

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

Back in the day, GTAIII was mindblowing. There was no game like it before. I bought a new PC for this game and it was totally worth it icon14.gif

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (markusizr @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 11:25)
in 2001 are you crazy 9/11 was attacked NY
if rockstar make game in 2000 and NY terrorist attack shoudnt be in 2001

i was a baby "Still" back in "01" i heard about the attack On 9/11 ;( it was shocking... OT: it was good thing For R* that GTA3 had to be delayed because of the attack in america.

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

We didn't get GTA3 in 2001, the Australian Government decided that it wasn't playable by children thus banned it immediately (and forcing Rockstar to redo the game to M15+, simply because Australia didn't even have a video game rating system beyond 15 years of age).

One question, is the double pack version the same as the UK (uncensored) version? I've seen a couple of these floating about separately with the UK 18 rating on them (and the original SLES-50330 code on the side, not 50793 which is the AU version) but I have no idea if they actually modified the discs for the double pack or not. Obviously they were supposed to be sold as GTA3+Vice City but they end up separated when they're sold back to EB Games or whoever...

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

I was very young when it came out (9 Years old) but I was lucky enough to get it with my PS2 as a gift. I wasn't too good at it, (stuck on Portland for longer than I can remember). Since none of my friends had it there was a lot of good times we had in my basement playing it. Playing it again, it is a lot easier than I remember but some missions can still be challenging, which is one of the reasons why I still love it.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Heihachi_73 @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 06:56)
One question, is the double pack version the same as the UK (uncensored) version? I've seen a couple of these floating about separately with the UK 18 rating on them (and the original SLES-50330 code on the side, not 50793 which is the AU version) but I have no idea if they actually modified the discs for the double pack or not. Obviously they were supposed to be sold as GTA3+Vice City but they end up separated when they're sold back to EB Games or whoever...

I wonder about that too. I was gonna get the Double Pack, but found III and VC for something like 5 and 7 bucks respectively from EB Games.

A2 MFK
  • A2 MFK

All you had to do was follow the DAMN train CJ!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

There was actually going to be a mission in GTA III called "Love Hurts" in which you crash a Dodo (Plane) into Donald Love's building, but it was removed from the game for obvious reasons.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (A2 MFK @ Friday, May 18 2012, 11:59)
There was actually going to be a mission in GTA III called "Love Hurts" in which you crash a Dodo (Plane) into Donald Love's building, but it was removed from the game for obvious reasons.

I think that is a rumour, since people said that was a darkel mission.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 04:51)
Hello guys! i was just thinking... What was it like back in 2001 Playing GTA 3 in that year? ( i'm curious ) The Very First GTA game i played... is Grand theft auto Vice city back in 2003! it was amazing & i loved the 80s style feeling And it changed me the way "How I play Games Which is Grand theft auto" But i never really played GTA III And i felt bad Not playing that game For Ages sad.gif

80`s feel? It takes place 2001. dontgetit.gif

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 21:14)
GTA 3 ACTUALLY feels like 2001.

Yeah surprisingly, I didn't even notice it at the time but looking back its a great recreation of the lats 90s/ early 00s.

Also @Heihachi: We definitely did have it in 2001, because my brother bought it for me and him the day it came out wink.gif It was pulled off the shelves a short time later I'm not sure when (because of the hookers and nasty limbs cheat) But I still have the pre censored Australian version (this version is also bugged and cannot be completed past 98% I've tried to finish it more than once)

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Monday, Aug 27 2012, 13:08)
QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 04:51)

80`s feel? It takes place 2001. dontgetit.gif

He was talking about Vice City. biggrin.gif

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

Ohhh the first time I played it..... It was like discovering a new world! lol.gif

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

it's pancake time

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (A2 MFK @ Friday, May 18 2012, 04:59)

There was only one mission removed from the game because of 9/11 as it contained dialogue referencing terrorists, I believe Rockstar specifically confirmed "Love Hurts" was just a nonsense rumor.

Still a great mission name though.

Iain2001
  • Iain2001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

I bought GTA 3 in November 2001 after reading a review of the game. I hadn't played the previous GTA games for the psone, but as soon as I started playing GTA 3, I totally loved it. For me, it was the best game in what was the golden era of games.

Eleven years on, I'm still playing it on my PS2 and still loving it.
tounge.gif

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

Man...Rockstar North must be soo proud of the GTA series. cryani.gif I hope one day that the series will still being going like beyond to the future gaming lol.

I feel like playing GTA III & Vice city once again.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 07:04)
Man...Rockstar North must be soo proud of the GTA series. cryani.gif I hope one day that the series will still being going like beyond to the future gaming lol.

I feel like playing GTA III & Vice city once again.

Depends on if they still have ideas. Konami was proud of silent hill, capcom was proud of resident evil and volition was proud of Saints Row. they all ran out of ideas. Recently the newer games for silent hill have sucked, not to mention the major bomb thats about to release called Silent Hill Book Of Memories. Capcom keeps milking the resident evil series with these games the fans do not want. Fans did not want Resident evil 5 or revelations. Honestly 6 looks to be awesome with it having 5 scenarios, each being as long as Resident Evil 4 themselves. Volition had something going for them in Saints Row 2. Saints row 1 and 2 were great. Alot of us thought saints row 3 looked good before release but it was just a complete bag of a**. If Rockstar loses ideas, id hate to see where the franchise goes.

Other franchises who died due to lost ideas:
-Spyro
-Crash
-Ty the tasmanian tiger
-Simcity (Being revived, but was on hiatus for a long time)
-Sly cooper (Being revived, was on hiatus)

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

I love this game.I just realised I have all the GTAs but I've only beat IV. cryani.gif

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:07 PM Edited by zeppelincheetah, 29 August 2012 - 01:13 PM.

I remember buying the game like it was yesterday. I went to Toys R Us on release day, after school. They had a buy 2 get 1 free deal then so I decided to get two more games (stupid idea, I ended up getting two games I didn't like). I was 17 and I wished they carded me (17 is the legal age to buy M rated games). I proceeded to beat the game and finished it Halloween night. I remember handing out candy to kids that rang the door bell as I was finishing the game.

It was weird leading up to the game 'cause of 9/11. The game was pushed back a few weeks because they changed some things, to make the game slightly more appropriate. I remember being upset about both the delay and the changes.

Before GTA III came out I was on Gouranga.com all the time. It was the #1 GTA news site by far. Rockstar was very generous to the webmaster there (schu) so his site had lots of behind the scenes type stuff like wire-framed models of the game and beta screenshots. it's now dead. Schu stopped updating it regularly in like 2007.

Also before GTA III came out I played a lot of Smuggler's Run and Midnight Club, dreaming of how GTA III would be in 3D. One of the main reasons I wanted a PS2 is because I knew GTA III would be a PS2 exclusive.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

Haha yes, midnight club and smugglers run I had them way before GTA3 as well, I think R* learnt a lot about making 3D games with those 2, III wouldnt be nearly as good as it is without them.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

"Before GTA III came out I was on Gouranga.com all the time. It was the #1 GTA news site by far. Rockstar was very generous to the webmaster there (schu) so his site had lots of behind the scenes type stuff like wire-framed models of the game and beta screenshots. it's now dead. Schu stopped updating it regularly in like 2007. "

Site is not dead. I have contacted schu. Maybe I could do this job to make this site alive.
This site is on Rockstar's hosting. I've asked them why. They have replied that these times were very hard to host sites on paid domains (expensive) .com.
Also his e-mail is rerouted to rockstar's support. But I've got contact with him wink.gif
Schu had this stuff because he had contact, not because of Rockstar.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Played it in 2002 for PC, but it was really popular. I was young.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

I seem to be young blood here, as I only got my game first for PC only in May 2010. But I tell you, the first moment I launched it, it felt... Well, different.

I played SA, and VC before, in that order, and having read many articles and guides about this game, I expected it to be somewhere near.... But it has overcome all my expectations. Talking from today's point of view, the game is 'quite primitive', as my dad also says, but I guess that its simplicity, combined with the game world that was unlike the sunny Vice City and San Andreas, instead being a gloomy industrial city, filled with all those sounds both VC and SA lacked, is what made me hook up.

I used to spend hours a day wandering around Portland just enjoying the scenery. It may sound strange... But I felt that Liberty City was my home. And I still feel that now.

In short, it was magnificent. And even now, I feel somewhere the same, although a bit different already.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Very rare memories in here guys and I honestly cannot wait to play GTAIII on a PS3 console soon.

Sorry for the bump guys. confused.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

Whuh? "Sorry for the bump"? This topic is decent enough to go on, so there's no problem with it. In fact, this may give it yet another life, who knows?

P.S. I only hope the PS3 version won't spoil the experience. And I really mean it.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 15:50)
Whuh? "Sorry for the bump"? This topic is decent enough to go on, so there's no problem with it. In fact, this may give it yet another life, who knows?

P.S. I only hope the PS3 version won't spoil the experience. And I really mean it.

Oh it hasn't. Trust me.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

Man, I'm so pleased to hear it! Really, everything I ever wanted was for this version of the game to remain without additions we had for the Mobile Version. So if it's really like it - a direct port of PS2 version, without any new features, then I will be praising Rockstar for a very long time! happy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users