Photo

GTA V Section

9 replies to this topic
Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:03 AM Edited by fatal1ty619, 14 April 2012 - 02:16 AM.

The GTA V section should be amped up on security. As in, put up a warning even before a single post. If anyone chooses to join, then post a spam topic or "OMMMMGGZZ NEW GTA V LEAKZZZZZ" five minutes later, they will be banned no questions asked, and their IP tracked. Sorry I am not very tech savvy, and I don't know how difficult it is to do so. But if it is within reason, this should seriously be implemented to cut down on the fat that is growing in that whole section. Leak threads (outwardy fake, usually) take up the bulk of the section, and they do nothing but create arguments and take up useless space on the internet.

Please do what is in your power to fix that place. It scares me to go in there anymore. It is like looking in my attic cry.gif I never know what will be in store to scare me away. rampage_ani.gif

EDIT: And to prove my point, look at the front of the GTA V section, and at least a third of it will be locked at any given time...

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

Unfortunately it's a regular behavior for such a section, just requires a bit more of work, that's all.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

As annoying as all the fake leak and rumour topics are, they're not really a reason to ban people. Spam on the other hand is. We try to do what we can, but with our limited powers as area moderators, there's only so much we can do.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

But if there is a warning posted, in plain sight of everyone viewing the section, why not? If someone feels as though they should create an account just to post a (obviously) fake leak, which they know is fake, then they have no business being here. The amount users that make one or two posts on this site, all spam, is outragous. They simply create clutter and make a mess of the section.

Actually, instead of banning, maybe it is more in power to simply delete the spam topics outright, instead of just locking them. I know that it is done, as I have posted a few "In b4 da lock"s to find that the topic has disappeared entirely. That would keep the area clean, and discourage the fake leaks to be kept away. dozingoff.gif

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 23:01)

I know that it is done, as I have posted a few "In b4 da lock"s to find that the topic has disappeared entirely.

That's your problem. We don't need stupid replies like that. Report the topic and move on next time.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

And if you ask me the mods are being lazy. Cause honestially, this post could have been locked. It should have went on the suggestion box above. dontgetit.gif

http://www.gtaforums...pic=507660&st=0

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

In a section such as V, especially when there are more area moderators, it's less about rules and more about personal instinct. What may earn a warning from one moderator, a simple reminder would be dished out from another member of staff. We do what we can but the amount of reports often gets overwhelming. I tend to bin most topics I see because they're of no use left there locked. All you can really do is report it and carry on as normal, unless you're posting "in b4 the lock" bilge, in which case you're part of the problem.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Understandable.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 22:01)
Actually, instead of banning, maybe it is more in power to simply delete the spam topics outright, instead of just locking them. I know that it is done, as I have posted a few "In b4 da lock"s to find that the topic has disappeared entirely. That would keep the area clean, and discourage the fake leaks to be kept away. dozingoff.gif

If you're posting "In b4 da lock" posts, then you are part of the GTA V section's problem. So it's ironic that you're even complaining about the spam there, because posts like those are half the problem. whatsthat.gif

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

It should be noted that we're going to get more rubbish than usual because of R* and their notoriety for released scarce information at their own pace. Some people don't like it, and they disguise their irritation in useless topics and posts. Until we get more information, it's nigh on impossible to keep a lid on the amount of bilge in the V section.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users