Stay on topic.

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

While GTA has never really been blaspheming to any one religion in particular, R* does a good job at leaving those views and opinions up to the person who is playing the game. While there may be an atheist, Muslim, or Christian, among other religions in GTA, doesn't mean that they are being Blasphomist when they [R*] reflect what is going on in the real world. It happens everyday, people persecuting other people because of their religious beliefs, damning them to hell, or just looking down on them for what they may or may not believe in.

Going back to leaving those views and opinions up to the person who is playing the game. If someone finds something in a R* game that may be offensive to them (when R* has givin no clear answer or explanation, leaving the view open ended) it usually means that, that person is insecure or uncomfortable with what they believe in, so they nit pic at what has been said or done making it totally about what they believe in. Doing this is what drives people to feel like they have to defend what they believe in and why they believe in it. "Well I was raised this way..." or "That is Blasphomy cause it goes against what I believe in, which is (insert religion here...)" This is where I see a problem with a lot of peoples "beliefs" They are too busy trying to point out the flaws and wrong doing with everyone around them, that they do not realize what they are doing wrong themselves.

This would fit nicely in the GTA universe, and it would bring to fruition everything I have just said with people coming out of the wood work to try and bash the game, for something that they are just insecure about.

All this being said, having an open ended character that the audience comes to their own conclusion about is something that R* can pull off, especially in a modern setting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users