» «
Photo

A Strange Man in GTAV?

31 replies to this topic
gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:16 PM Edited by gta_fan28, 13 April 2012 - 09:20 PM.

Would you like to see a strange man in GTAV? In RDR to all the Random Strangers in the game this guy is the most interesting one? Why cause first he knows
John Marston very well and the crimes he just commited but John didn't even know him or see him on his life. And the most interesting part is he knows John "Big Spoiler"
where he will be buried. And he even shot the strange man 3x with his gun but nothing happen and he just suddenly vanished.

So do u like to see this man or something like him in GTAV? http://reddead.wikia...iki/Strange_Man

xNewtype Acex
  • xNewtype Acex

Buckle Up, Homestuck

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (gta_fan28 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 17:16)
Would you like to see a strange man in GTAV? In RDR to all the Random Strangers in the game this guy is interesting one? Why cause first he knows
John Marston very well and the crimes he commited but John didn't even know him or see him on his life. And the most interesting part is he knows John "Big Spoiler"
where he will be buried. And he even shot the strange man 3x with his gun but nothing happen and he just suddenly vanished.

So do u like to see this man or something like him in GTAV? http://reddead.wikia...iki/Strange_Man

Nah, it wouldn't be too fitting, it fit perfectly into RDR because of John's inpending death.

I think some sort of shady government agent/tinfoil hat wearing paranoid would fit better into the game, as they have already been in the series in some sort.

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Maybe out in the countryside or the desert somewhere.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Maybe something similar however a more modern mystery should be included like UFO's etc!

Draigon
  • Draigon

I felt muscular & compacted like Corned Beef

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

I do hope there are mysteries in the countryside in V, nothing over the top but random killers and stuff would be nice. I remember the leatherface myth from San Andreas, out of all the myths from that game that was the one i wished was real.

As for Strange man from RDR, i honestly can't remember him confused.gif . Been a long time since i completed it but i would have thought i would remember a character as unique as him.

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

God doesn't belong in GTA V.

zackryderwoo
  • zackryderwoo

Why did I move here? I guess it was your mother.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

I'd like to see some sort of mysteriousness. Some shady government people, some psychopathic serial killers or just straight up strange stuff. Things very mysterious and explainable but not quite supernatural. Illusion.

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (tjbyrum1 @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 22:41)

I don't believe it was god... I think it was John's conscience.

Something similar would be cool though. As mentioned before, in the country side maybe, or in the desert somewhere. Maybe somewhere in the story you are beaten, knocked out and wake up in the middle of the desert, injured, barely alive and then someone... Something appears, and taunts you, for all the wrong you have done and all the wrong that has been done to you. Kind of like your life flashing before your eyes... On the verge of death, you are found by some weird f*ck that lives in the desert, and tortured buffalo bill style. "Would you f*ck me? I'd f*ck me."

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

They should reuse his exact model and voice actor. He should be found in the same desert cave as the silver Deluxo with rotten tires.

GrandTheftAuto 5SA
  • GrandTheftAuto 5SA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Nah I don't think a supernatural figure could fit in GTA

Not to go off topic but I believe the guy was either God or Death

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

No

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (GrandTheftAuto 5SA @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 00:08)
Nah I don't think a supernatural figure could fit in GTA

Not to go off topic but I believe the guy was either God or Death

That was the devil. devil.gif

On topic:
I'd like to see the Men In Black. Not Will Smith & Tommy Lee Jones but the type that show up at UFO sightings and all that.

Maybe when you turn around you see someone peeking around a corner or something but when you look they are gone---like you're being followed.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

If rockstar brought back a character like that for V I'm sure they'd do it right. The rdr stranger was done very well, perfect amount of creepy and mysterious. The same with the old woman you encounter who asks you to find her husband in town and it turns out he (and possibly her) is actually deceased, hella creepy.

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

No, it only worked in RDR is because the random stranger sort of fit into the story.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:30 AM Edited by Slamman, 14 April 2012 - 01:34 AM.

In RDR, the Stranger was used on more then a few NPCs in the game, but you mean in Stranger Tasks, the man playing the Guardian Angel, testing John Marston's actions it seems, before his fateful day comes.
This I believe is fully intended to be a morality play, and it's just not going to work well in GTA gaming context, since there's less unexplained in a GTA game, overall, and things like morality will be there, but it won't be more of a spiritual, other-worldly, or ghost aspect, as some seem to think GTA needs

=-=-=-

Atomic Punk brings up a good point relating to GTA, without realizing he has, but his scenario fits closely with GTA SA's the Truth, where he is driving around SF looking for people to help out on their endeavors, and there's a mysterious van showing up in the locations around SF that supposedly are up to some VERY SECRET activities, this alludes to his own paranoia that could in reality, not amount to any actual truth

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

I think the protagonist should have a near-death nightmare. Sees his body buried in the 9ft deep ditch...all because of some damn money. Then he wakes up with Los Santos's palm trees in view through the windows.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

The Stranger in RDR wasn't God or the Devil, but I think much more like a Guardian Angel, as it's appeared in other forms, that entity was once alive, but is not saved, or damned, per se, more in purgatory and awaiting some salvation, in getting there, they have to save a mortal soul, so everything seems to fit that aspect

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

I can't even recall a strange man in RDR even though I've finished it. I just get bored of watching cutscenes pretty quickly, and just skip through them doing mission after mission. I wish the storyline could be told during gameplay more often...

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:39 AM Edited by Slamman, 14 April 2012 - 02:43 AM.

Stranger Missions had one vague character giving John tasks, if you follow these on your game map, which is the most useful aid outside of the Journal, they show up as pink circles, if not started, but active locales, you'll see them as pink question marks. Not really cut scenes in the sense of how you can replay missions from the PAUSE menu

Some Spoilers here, but an onscreen prompt gives some hints;

Halo_Override
  • Halo_Override

Dilettante

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

At first I thought this wasn't a good fit. The mysterious stranger in RDR has a lineage going back to the film westerns that inspired the game. It made sense to include him, and fit the tone of a wild land that was becoming gradually tamed and losing its mystery.

I didn't think that would fit in a game based on Los Angeles (or any large, modern city). But then I thought about David Lynch's film Mulholland Drive (and to a lesser degree Inland Empire). Many mysterious goings-on, unanswered questions, blurring of reality... It wouldn't work as a main story focus, but I think it could be done in a way that would fit within the larger context. I'm not saying stick a creepy bum behind a diner who sends out extradimensional beings to torment/comfort the protagonist, but there could be some interesting side quests that would contain otherworldly elements without ruining the sense of reality in the rest of the game world.

I don't expect to see it, though.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:58 AM Edited by Slamman, 14 April 2012 - 03:00 AM.

His character in RDR is a victim of the violence of the old west, he's simply NOT MORTAL, as attested by what he knows in the afterlife, and in the end he says he's been damned, already, but at the beginning he says he wished he had had guidance, in his mortal life, so he entrusts John to the tasks in the game, but in the end, he turns his back on offering Marston any real help, since he's more condescending about John's fate, based on his exploits in the past, though he does keep killing, as we know, and it seems, also shows a lot of indifference in regard to John's faith, or soul, if you will. He appears at the location where John's story ends, we note he cannot be killed, another obvious clue or sign.
That's how I interpret it, being raised in a Christian family, if you're not as familiar with religion perhaps it's just that much more confusing, but it seems to make sense.
You can't expect him to be angelic, not in a Rockstar game, for sure! haha

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

Man, that reminds me, I still need to finish RDR's story.

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 22:00)
Man, that reminds me, I still need to finish RDR's story.

So do I, I actually restarted it recently. The funny bit is that I was on "Old friends...New Problems" in my last game, and restarting it brought me back to "New Friends...Old Problems" lol.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

BLASPHEMER!!!

I think there's certainly allowable space for morals and religion, as long as it's handled in a manner that doesn't mock it, having Churches and the wedding in GTA IV for example, and funeral, etc... It worked in a GTA context that really wasn't offensive at all, and having those honor or dishonor choices extend the one game further

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 03:16)

BLASPHEMER!!!

I think there's certainly allowable space for morals and religion, as long as it's handled in a manner that doesn't mock it, having Churches and the wedding in GTA IV for example, and funeral, etc... It worked in a GTA context that really wasn't offensive at all, and having those honor or dishonor choices extend the one game further

I totally agree with you. God is allowed to be represented in GTA, as long as it is not used in an offensive or blasphemous matter.

LILSPILLYUM
  • LILSPILLYUM

LILspillyum

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (MrDanceWithLance @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 04:05)

BLASPHEMER!!!

I totally agree with you. God is allowed to be represented in GTA, as long as it is not used in an offensive or blasphemous matter.

I agree morals and the truth about those who ignore them was shown beautifully in gta 4 (look at brian, marnie, and nikos end) while I want gta 5 to have a more humourous tone I think gritty realism should poke its head every once in a while

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

Apart from the humor aspect, it adds credibility and merit to a game once thought to be totally amoral and degenerate generating! Breeding a lot of terrible people who play this series, and I'm actually here to prove them wrong! I think they want to incorporate a character and game with multiple dimensions, which is certainly what RDR offers up

thestoneman420
  • thestoneman420

herp de derp

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (MrDanceWithLance @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 04:05)

BLASPHEMER!!!

That's no fun suicidal.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Again, why must it be "fun", it's not a Fun Simulator now is it? The reality aspect is just as important as the gaming FUN factor, that's the point we're making, it's pretty much a given that Sam's idea will be to take GTA in a more realistic direction, and it won't be that far fetched and beyond the realm of reality, that's what Saints Row is, and why copy them?!?!

thestoneman420
  • thestoneman420

herp de derp

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Saturday, Apr 14 2012, 07:52)
Again, why must it be "fun", it's not a Fun Simulator now is it? The reality aspect is just as important as the gaming FUN factor, that's the point we're making, it's pretty much a given that Sam's idea will be to take GTA in a more realistic direction, and it won't be that far fetched and beyond the realm of reality, that's what Saints Row is, and why copy them?!?!

I was joking, I just meant what's the point of God in GTA if it can't be offensive or blasphemous, that's my only relationship with the guy! (if we are talking the Christian deity and not an overall spiritual 'god'...I am a spiritual guy).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users