Photo

The Problem With TLaD

20 replies to this topic
tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

The kind of guy I am, I like Bikers, Motorcycles, Outlaws, Rock N Roll, and all that good stuff. So when I played TLaD, I was pretty much excited and eager to play this 'Biker Simulator'.

At first you know, the game was going pretty good. I was a Biker, rolling with my Biker gang, fighting off Biker opponents.

It started out as a good Biker game.

I was disappointed that the Lost MC fell apart, and as the game neared the halfway-mark and came to an end, it just didn't feel like a Biker game no more.

Anyone else get what I'm saying?

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

TLAD is probably the most forgotten GTA game of them all, I always thought VCS was - but thinking about it, this really is.

I agree with you completely, I like Rock music and the whole biker scene and I loved how we were threw back into a gang again like in SA.
But it all went to sh*t - for one, the characters had no depth at all and I can't even remember [or care] who betrayed The Lost MC and who didn't.

However, Johnny - is probably one of the greatest protagonists we've had.

But yeah the main reason this game fell apart was because of the ending, I don't think Rockstar intended it to have any replay value though.. that's why they basically stripped the game of all it's qualities and made TBOGT the 'big one' of the two DLCs.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:30 AM Edited by Majestic81, 14 April 2012 - 11:15 AM.

yea i like bikes, rock n roll and all that other stuff, and TLAD still my favorite game i cant say it was perfect, there was things that needed to be fixed, but like all GTA games Rockstar had f*cked this game up, in a lot of ways, one of them was the ending thats probably the worst part in the game, yea it was deep when we saw the clubhouse burning and the the lost members watching it burn to hell, but they couldve at least come up with a more creative ending, also i think the characters were great in that game they had depth and everyone had his own story, i would say in TBOGT the characters didnt had any depth, the game made zero sense, it was only about having fun in nightclubs and stuff.

TheDandyManCan
  • TheDandyManCan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

I agree. The ending to TLaD was...... well, it would've been good had it been a game that simply ended there and didn't allow after-story roam. The ending detracted from activities after it, since they almost all involve Lost MC members, like gang wars, races, etc. and it seemed overlooked.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

i agree with the comment above me, the ending really did take the feeling away... even though the riding convoy thing is still one of my favorite aspects of the game.

TLAD is my favorite game, sure it really isn't the best, but this one just grew on me

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

The problem with TLAD, as discussed with Maj above, is the outfits. Patched members of an MC almost always wear a vest with a patch and their rank. Why is Johnny wearing a jacket? Why are others wearing jackets? Why the f*ck is Jim wearing a hoodie?

They did a good job on the AoD models but butchered the Lost.

KrisAlicious
  • KrisAlicious

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

hated how it was completly over.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Buffalo Soldier @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 21:41)
TLAD is probably the most forgotten GTA game of them all, I always thought VCS was - but thinking about it, this really is.

I agree with you completely, I like Rock music and the whole biker scene and I loved how we were threw back into a gang again like in SA.
But it all went to sh*t - for one, the characters had no depth at all and I can't even remember [or care] who betrayed The Lost MC and who didn't.

However, Johnny - is probably one of the greatest protagonists we've had.

But yeah the main reason this game fell apart was because of the ending, I don't think Rockstar intended it to have any replay value though.. that's why they basically stripped the game of all it's qualities and made TBOGT the 'big one' of the two DLCs.

100% of that was stolen out of my mouth. Second time this happens
Anyways, the Most forgotten GTA game all time is GTA Advance.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

hey, remember this: johnny actually had a personality. luis was just a shell of a man

turvus2
  • turvus2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 19:12)
hey, remember this: johnny actually had a personality. luis was just a shell of a man

exactly. icon14.gif

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 20:12)

Indeed.
Luis wasn't that bad, but Niko and Johnny had way more heart and soul than him.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

everything that was posted above me i can agree with tounge.gif

i really did hate how it was all over... the club gone and really nothing else to do, and even though the online modes are dead (like Club Business, Own The City, Witness Protection... hell even Races are gone) TLAD still holds a place in my heart inlove.gif LOL, just like every GTA game... they all bring something crazy/new the genre

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

i disagreed with everything in this thread. i may write a response later. but luis is my favorite character in the gta IV series, but i like them all also. all the characters in the game have been believable to me. but then again, i know a lot of people in real life (rave/club scene, working at real jobs, etc).

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

I didn't like how Johnny or Luis doesn't get as much money as Niko gets. I think they should have gotten a lot of money too like Niko.

Other then that, I liked Johnny. I thought he is very cool guy.

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

I thought it wasn't that bad. I just felt like it was rushed, but that could have been due to the fact that it's a DLC episode.

Yawa77
  • Yawa77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

One addition I have to all comments made above is that Club Business is one of the more dynamic multiplayer modi. With the cash limit up to 50,000 it is actually quite playable with two or three players that want to reach level 10. Even though the activities are definitely not endless, and some are way overcompensated where others are really not rewarding at all, I probably made 500,000$ online playing that modus.

And the chopper vs chopper modus can be really exiting, but you can literally wait two hours before someone joins and leaves after a minute...

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Yawa77 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 15:54)
One addition I have to all comments made above is that Club Business is one of the more dynamic multiplayer modi. With the cash limit up to 50,000 it is actually quite playable with two or three players that want to reach level 10. Even though the activities are definitely not endless, and some are way overcompensated where others are really not rewarding at all, I probably made 500,000$ online playing that modus.

And the chopper vs chopper modus can be really exiting, but you can literally wait two hours before someone joins and leaves after a minute...

We weren't taking about MP , stick to the subject.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

The same problem with most GTA games. There is always betrayal. There should be a twist in V, shouldn't there? I mean.. when you think about it it's sorta the same story line over and over. Someone betrays you, you kill them in the end. I like IV because Niko had more than one target for one. And well two, he had gained enemies before you even started the story-line. It's good to know your character's life before playing the game and having enemies before. San Andreas was good, you gained Tenpenny as an enemy before the game even started.
I'm not saying there shouldn't be betrayal in some GTA games but, with a short storyline like this? I honestly didn't expect for you to be betrayed so fast..

Yawa77
  • Yawa77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 20:50)

We weren't taking about MP , stick to the subject.

Well I was... u mad bra?

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

Niko and Johnny were good. They were people. Luis was just "I want money bro" and I hated that. He's My least favorite protagonist.

I loved the gritty feel of TLAD. The missions were fun and the story and characters were great. The ending was depressing though and it seems like a current R* trend. But that's life, not all rainbows and sunshine.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

i agree... I LOVE Club Business and sadly NOBODY EVER PLAYS IT... Own The City has potential too... im sure this game had it's Shine (if you know what i mean) when it first came out... dozingoff.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users