• oysterbarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

user posted image
www.kerbalspaceprogram.com

About Kerbal Space Program

Kerbal Space Program is a multi-genre game where the player creates his own space program.

In KSP, you must build a space-worthy craft, capable of flying it's crew out into space, without killing them. At your disposal is a collection of parts, which must be assembled to create a functional ship. Each part has it's own function and will affect the way a ship flies (or doesn't). So strap yourself in, and get ready to try some Rocket Science!

Main Features:

The Vehicle Assembly Building. allows players to build spacecraft out of any imaginable combination of parts.
Fully-fledged, Physics-based Flight Simulation ensures everything will fly (and crash) as it should.
Procedural Terrain delivers detailed terrain at a vast scale. The Kerbal Planet is 600km in radius!
Mod-enabled, allows players to create new content and modify the game.
Ship systems. Keep an eye out for engine temperatures and fuel levels, and try not to explode.
Build ships with multiple stages, and jettison parts away as they burn out.
Full control over the staging sequence allows for complex ships and advanced functionality.

This game has brought me hours of enjoyment and i highly recommend it there is a demo version out that you can try and can also pre purchase it so once it reaches release status you will receive the full game. The pre order version is now sporting a persistent world and moon so any successful ships you get into orbit will remain there while you play about making new ships. There is alot of trial and error with this game but there's nothing like it when you finally get your first craft into successful orbit.
Here is my first ship to make it to space.

the good thing about this game is you can be all serious or just have fun and go abit crazy!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

I guess it's the closest thing to being a real rocket scientist. It's every little boy's dream, right?

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Yeah pretty much! it really does give you alot more respect for the space programs in the different country's when you realize how difficult it is to build a successful ship, the amount of trial and error that went into there programs is pretty much the same you have to put into yours!

heres some planned features for future versions

Planned Features:

Take on Missions to attract interest in your Space Program. Or use the Mission Planner to create your own missions.
Manage your Space Program. Hire astronauts, train them, research and improve parts.
Fly out to Moons and other Planets
Build Space Stations, and surface bases on other worlds.
And a whole lot more!

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:13 PM Edited by Robinski, 13 April 2012 - 08:19 PM.

Holy sh*t, this game's come a long way since I was playing it. I got in basically on the ground floor when someone posted it on SA in July. Back then you could pretty much only launch off into space, attempt to get a stable orbit, or crash. No way of landing and nothing to fly to, but Jeb always had a smile on his face no matter how dire the situation (E:see attached).

Closest I got to a stable orbit was ridiculously elliptical. Looking at my posts from then, my lowest point in the orbit was 510KM and highest 1410KM (at which point I was doing 2210m/s). Not exactly realistic physics eh tounge.gif ?

Can't wait to reinstall and fly to the moon.

E:
user posted image

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Yeah i recon its come along way then you can get landing legs for moon landings and the tracker station that allows you to view your ships in orbit and zoom into them and also track them, Mines currently looking like this. Almost had one round the moon earlier but i off shot and ended up on an orbit around the sun!

user posted image

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

There's a sun now?!

Well, I know where Jeb's next mission is headed. Do you happen to know the escape velocity I should be aiming for?

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

The trick is to not go belting out into space. go strait up and accelerate, slowly decrease boost just enough so you keep your meters per second going up slowly, once you reach around 150000meters throttle down completely and disengage SAS turn the ship 90 degrees re initialize SAS throttle up and go into the map, you can then see your orbit circle slowly start reaching around kerbal, once its a loop and your not going to crash back into the planet you should be able to leave it there in orbit throttle down.

Getting to the moon is kind of the same except instead of throtling down you keep on boosting so you gain enough speed to make your first orbit extend out to the moons orbit, once yours and the moons orbit rings meet powere down then fast foward time and hopefully you may meet the moon!

heres a pic of my near moon orbit trajectory before i missed the opportunity and ended up orbiting the sun!

user posted image

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

I don't think you understand. I want to fly Jeb into the sun.

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:48 PM Edited by oysterbarron, 13 April 2012 - 10:50 PM.

ahh your right i didn't. well its pretty much the same principle except you have goto extend you orbit out to the sun. heres a ship i made if you want a go, may have to steer it off the platform and then enable sas otherwise it hits the tower!

or alternatively you can just boost strait into space this will put you on a slightly off orbit just outside of kerbals orbit!

http://www.mediafire...8tcb7iyqvaafytp

god damn it one day moon one day

user posted image

stinomontana
  • stinomontana

contract chiller

• Members

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Oh, i didn't saw your topic oyster!

This game is pretty epic.
i got 4 spaceships on a orbit around the sun. i havent been able to reach the moon yet though.

i'd like to start building a moon station or someting. if only this game had multiplayer... inlove.gif

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Yeah been playing this game alot recently. I pre purchased just before they released the demo build but it's now sporting a multitude of planets to visit as well as spaceplanes and new parts. Also the menu has had a nice makeover and I think they are prepping the carrear mode. They have also added a few challenge maps aswell to give people a taster of things to come. Recently I've been working on a new shuttle design of witch you can see my progress bellow. Also the first video is of a pretty mental space plane that runs off solid rocket boosters and only takes under a minute to get out of the atmosphere.

Wicked game and yes would be great to have multiplayer.

stinomontana
  • stinomontana

contract chiller

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

nice spaceships oyster!

I've finally reached the mun yester day.

The first time i ran out of fuel 10 km above the surface and crashed.

The second time i miscalculated the distance of the surface and crashed again.

At the 3rd try everyting was alright expept my lander had to much horizontal movement.

When i hit surface the speed knocked off my engine and blew it up. but my capsule stayed intact!

Now i have 2 kerbits walking around the mun! biggrin.gif
gonna try to send some moonbase structures and a bobcat demv mark 4 next time and start building a base.

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by oysterbarron, 28 March 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Finnaly after god knows how long iv'e had this game for i can join the mun landing club at last (i say landing but mean flop). It took alot of patience but iv'e managed to land 3 pods within 16km of each landing site. The closest one being 4km away from my first landing site that one delivered my new moon buggy so i could go exploring more! unfortunately i only have 1 kerbal left as the other 2 are no longer with us. 1 died in a horrible jetpack incident, the other phased through the muns surface falling into oblivion and disappearing. the moon buggy is only capable of 8ish m/s on the surface otherwise it likes to flip, think it needs some more weight?

anyway here's a picture of one of my kerbal off his face with enjoyment!

user posted image

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

Looks like fun, may have to give a look in later.

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

It can be fun aswell as annoying but is very rewarding at the same time! They have recently released on steam and you can get all the updates like that now. I still have one thing to master now though and that is docking. I just can't get the hang of it but would love to make a space station now I have a small moon outpost and a lander on minmus!

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Not Gonna Happen.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

I recently started playing
I can't even manage to fly around the earth, god xP.
Tough it's an epic game, i hope i can reach the Mun in the near future :-)

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

You will do in due course!

All you have todo is burn upright at a maintained speed of around 150 m/s until you hit 10,000 m high.

When you hit 10,000 m bank 45 degrees to the right and hold that angle.

Keep an eye on the map screen and keep burning until the AP mark on your acceleration trajectory reads roughly about 110,000 m.

At that point throttle down.

Now wait for your ship to get to just before the AP mark and start burning again. This will start pushing your acceleration curve out and around the planet, Once the AP spins all the way round and behind your ship you should have an orbit.

Iv'e been trying to get this into orbit and i'm getting pretty darn close!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users