Photo

Is it possible to drift in gta 4

7 replies to this topic
XxTheIrishGuyxX
  • XxTheIrishGuyxX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

Is it possible to drift in gta 4 WITHOUT using mods because im having trouble. I have been trying for a couple hours now and im getting nowere.If anybody can give me a couple of tips at least. Or jump in on xbox live tbogt free mode and teach me. I would really appreciate it. my gt is xxtheirishguyxx

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:50 AM Edited by SmC12, 13 April 2012 - 01:53 AM.

It's pretty easy, well most of the time. The cars handling is quite sluggish and heavy, so it's about your weight transfer when sliding round corners, that's what will make the difference between a good drift and spinning out or crashing.

You should approach a corner at a reasonably fast speed (but a controllable one, not supersonic), then release the accelerator (RT) and tap the handbrake (RB) while turning in the desired direction. Doing this will cause the weight in the car to shift in the opposite direction, which in turn causes you to slide. But in order to avoid a spinout you need to counter the weight shift, so once your about midway through the corner, you need to turn the wheels in the other direction to keep the car pointing where you want (this is what takes practise, and it usually involves moving the stick left and right alot - since the car is still spinning you can't simply turn the wheel and expect it to go where you want). By this point you should be using full throttle to finish the drift.

It sounds complicated but it's really not.
  • Throttle
  • Turn
  • Release throttle and keep the car in control
  • Align the car to the direction you want
  • When your lined up give full throttle.
  • Practise

There's many ways to do, there isn't one "technique".
Hope it helps, search some YouTube videos for reference.

hitman_for_hire
  • hitman_for_hire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (XxTheIrishGuyxX @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 01:15)
Is it possible to drift in gta 4 WITHOUT using mods because im having trouble. I have been trying for a couple hours now and im getting nowere.If anybody can give me a couple of tips at least. Or jump in on xbox live tbogt free mode and teach me. I would really appreciate it. my gt is xxtheirishguyxx

It depends what car your driving. Try drifting in a american muscle car or the car that u kidnapped gracie in. Im bad with names sorry.

Puto Bendejo
  • Puto Bendejo

motorcycle maniac

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:42 AM

My favorite "drifter" is the "Dukes" so named for its resemblence to the "69 Dodge Charger" used in the 70's tv show "Dukes of Hazzard". 2nd favorite would be the Sultan RS, found behind the mansion in northeast Alderney. I can't argue with anything SmC12 said. Don't overuse the handbrake, and often its not even necessary. just slow down enough to control the turn, then massively accellerate short of halfway through the turn will reap a nice drift.

Mrfuk
  • Mrfuk

Returning to Jonestown, 1978

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

I agree with everyone else, I found its the vehicle your in with the street your on and speed.
If your looking for the "To Fast To Furious" approach I had a easy time in a GT in the Broker district.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

that two door car thats based off the hachi roku - futo (initial d) or the honda civic knockoff (sultan rs i think)

seagull1971
  • seagull1971

Loose Cannon

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Don't use any of the people carrier type cars as the mechanics in these vehicles are not designed for drifting, just like real life. I've had fun drifting in the big old beaten up Ford type vehicles, just like the ones you use in LJ drug deliveries.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Puto Bendejo @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 03:42)
My favorite "drifter" is the "Dukes" so named for its resemblence to the "69 Dodge Charger"I can't argue with anything SmC12 said. Don't overuse the handbrake, and often its not even necessary. just slow down enough to control the turn, then massively accellerate short of halfway through the turn will reap a nice drift.

Hell yea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users